2004 Toyota Camry Sedan 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2004 Camry Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Toyota Camry 2004
By Rich

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Most of my driving & ownership experience has been positive. There is some evidence that points to trouble with the braking system, as well as the interior design does limit vision when looking over your shoulder to check for blindspots.

Overall: A decent car.
By Bigmike1014

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a little over a year ago. So far, everything has been all right, (at best). Here's the deal, so far my cars been completely reliable to me, but then again any car should be within the first few years. THE BAD: (and I need to take it to a dealer on this: 1.) Leaking water sound EVERY time I accelerate. Sounds like water is swooshing around in dash, 2.) FOUL ODORS, when accelerating fast, and when turning on the A/C. 3.) for whatever reason (especially when humid, the belt squeals constantly. 4.) Interior quality is poor. The "painted plastic" is wearing everywhere. 5.) Gas mileage is not what I thought it would be, Could be due to one of the above issues? Don't know.

Favorite Features

Good sound system *premium*, good engine performance *V4 16 valve, suprising for a Camry. So far "reliable" but with issues.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the interior, and exterior quality. Paint scratches easily. Fix the annoying horrid foul odors coming from god knows where? At times it smells like an animal has died under the hood! and tire wear is terrible. Also had an issue where passenger door wouldnt unlock.

The Best Purchase of My Life
By Tony412

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 04 SE 4cyl seems to me as the most bang for your buck. The V6 has some added features but it also kicks up the price out of range. The 4 cyl gives you all that you want and leaves out the things you can live w/out like steel wheels, a spoiler and ofcourse more power. W/the 4 cyl you still get the sporty interior design (black w/chrome accent), the sporty grill, headlights and fog lights. After 40,000k everything about the car is the same as the day I drove it out of the lot. For a big car that can fit 5 adults comfortably, and a spacious trunk for pretty much anything, the gas mileage is very good. Icing on the cake is you get a spoiler. What more can you ask for?

Favorite Features

Love the Black sporty cloth, lthr wheel & Gear shift and chrome accent all around. Gauges a very cool orange. The horn is strong. Sound system is VERY good. I thought this car was only for older people, I'm 26 and I love this car. Feel very sophisticated yet young w/the sunroof open and music playing.

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be a bit more plush and hugging, specially the front two. Otherwise I could go on forever w/more favorite features if I had more space up there.

Toyota Fan
By H Foust

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several different kinds of toyotas, but my favorite is the Camry, this is my second one and I have had absolutely no problems out of it.

Favorite Features

The SE is a sporty looking car for a family car. Love that alot of the additional features come standard. Lots of room in cab of car.

Suggested Improvements

Reat Entertainment Center available as an option.

Perfect
By W. Green

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyotya SE is the perfect combination of a reliable 4 dr sedan with sportier styling inside and out. The 4-cylinder has surprising pep. The optional 16" wheels are a must to finish off the sporty look.

Favorite Features

I love the power driver's seat lumbar support. I love the both the interior and exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Why have a power forward/back seat driver's seat adjuster? A manual release bar is simple and faster. The 6 disc CD changer is very cool, but a single disc MP3-capable player makes more sense.

Outstanding
By tm

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

AS with every Toyota that I have owned, this car has been trouble free and everything that I anticipated. I highly recommend this car to anyone that needs an affordable and trouble free auto. Knock on wood.

Favorite Features

The interior.

Suggested Improvements

Satellite radio option.

My fourth Camry.
By berk

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Built in Kentucky this is an "import" anyone could love. Good gas mileage, yet the model I have is fairly sporty and stylish. (My wife made me buy the sporty SE rather than my standard plain Jane model.) I'll put 50k miles on it and get another one.

Favorite Features

I'm 6'-2" and I find it to be roomy and comfortable. Large trunk. Good handling.

LUV MY CAMRY
By JUST ME

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

THE CAMRY IS THE BEST CAR ON THE MARKET! IT IS SAFE. IT'S DURABLE AND MADE TO LAST. CANT IMAGINE DRIVING ANYTHING BUT A TOYOTA

Favorite Features

THE RIDE

Suggested Improvements

NONE