Used 2004 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Impressed
By atomicalex7

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently drove my grandmothers camry on a 800 mile round trip road trip with 4 adults and a trunk full of stuff. At first, I was worried about the power because we were going to be going up and down mountains all day, but there were no problems. Even up the steepest grades, no power was lost and it even stayed in overdrive. A majority of the time the car was pushing 80, and the ride was very relaxing with no road noise and responsive steering. It was a very comfortable car to ride in and the trip average was 30mpg both ways. The car has 68,000 miles and the only thing that was ever replaced were tires, brakes (65,000 miles) and a steering bushing.

Favorite Features

Full size spare tire, big trunk, fuel-efficient peppy engine, effortless steering, visibility, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More exciting interior, 5 or 6 speed tranny.

still going strong
By lemaire

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

352000 kil.all original except for front brakes and stabilizer bar bushings...of course the tires are new and the oil and filter have been changed at regular intervals....would buy another 04 tomorrow..best car I have ever owned

Best car I ever owned
By JJ

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I now have about 115,000 miles on this car. There have been no problems. Even what I consider expected repairs came much later than expected; brake pads at 85,000, struts at 110,000. This is even after having been driven by two teenage boys. MPG is great; 27 on daily commute, and 34 on vacation road trips. i have enough confidence in this car that I let my son take it to college with him. I replaced it for my use with a 2007 Camry and have been disappointed. the 2004 is vastly superior.

Favorite Features

reliability, MPG, comfort

Drives Well, Good on Gas
By Rick

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39k on it. The car rides well and has good stability. If I have any complaints is the interior cloth seats tend to generate static electricity and don't hold up well with child seats. The interior is loaded with plastic. Car is tight, steers well and a pleasure to drive. It actually has a lot of similar characteristics to a luxury car I have that costs almost 3 times the price.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, steering response, handles well.

Suggested Improvements

This car came with the clunky steering wheel(intermediate shaft) and pulling to the left. Once I had that fixed the car has been very good. Toyota should have issued a recall for this particular problem instead of just a technical service bulletin.

Buyers Beware!
By SCathey

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

May 2010: In 4 months, I have had transmission rebuilt, trouble with catalytic converter, and now needs new engine! I took really good care of this car and intended to keep if for 20 years! I am selling as is and never buying another Toyota EVER!

Suggested Improvements

Better built everything!