Used 2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

So Wrong!
By teblhasa

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I traded my '95 Celica for one last fall, and there is not one regret! Its fast, fun, sporty, and it is so cavernous! So what if it doesn't get 40mpg - if you want that, get a Prius! I agree with 2% of the ratings out there as far as the odd tranny shifting & paint scratches, but that's it. If you want a solidly built, safe & reliable car that is fun to drive in every condition, get a Camry.

Traction control & vehicle stability control - it holds the road (all ice & snow)! Heated seats, rear sunshade, 6 cd changer... Okay, I love everything!

More durable factory paint (paint needs TLC to remain scratch-free), better mileage (although that's not why I bought this particular model!).

Torqued windshield & odd tranny
By Bruce G

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Pleasant to drive, lots of room but the radio sounds a bid cheap despite a bunch of speakers. The windshield developed a tiny crack near the roof that progressively lengthed to about 2 feet before replaced. There seems to be a tendency for the chassis to twist and crack the windshield! Like others I've had a dash rattle. Also, tap the brakes when slowing from 70 on a downslope and the tranny very perceptively downshifts. No answers from dealer.

Smooth driving; lots of backseat room for kids

Curious about the transmission and if its not right. Is it going to break!? Better quality paint job would be nice. Make the chassis stiffer. The windshield problem really opened my eyes to the myth of Toyota's build- quality. And find that rattle that everyone complains about under the dash!

Real Deal on my Camry
By andre

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I believe ever since Toyoya started building cars in America, quality has gone down. I bought my Camry with 1000 miles already on it, but it was new since it had no title. Problems I've had with my car are, the paint - no clearcoat and one layer of paint make it easy to get chips, I have MANY; dashboard - rattles; sunroof - leaks; front passenger speaker - rattles; engine - V6 is not responsive; and the front driver window - doesnt seal properly. The only problem that has been solved is the leaking sunroof. All other problems have been brought to MULTIPLE Toyota dealerships and ignorance has caused me to still have these problems to date. If you want a more reliable car, look elsewhere.

Exterior Design, Interior design.

Build quality period!!! Sunroof, dashboard, speakers, engine responsiveness, more layers of paint, clearcoat as standard. The Radio and HVAC controls need to be cloer to the driver also.

Love it
By Tyler

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love Toyotas as i work for the company. However, even if i didn't i would still buy them. This car is very comfortable and makes long trips go very quickly. I love to drive it, although is kind of "uncool" to drive. But i'm a practical person, so it fits me well!

Disappointing for Toyota tradition
By Don Rieder

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota purchase. I felt that if bought a Camry, I could kiss any frustrations goodbye. Not true! This car has an annoying lag time when the car is slowing down ( stop and go traffic), and then you try to accelerate. There is a dead spot, then it jumps ahead, as if the transmission doesn"t know which gear to go in. This is the new Drive by wire technology according to Toyota. The local dealership has acknowledged this a problem, and they are working on a programming change, but in the meantime, the car can be very aggravating to drive. They must resolve this problem. I will not put up with it. As for gas mileage, it is not as good as stated. The car does have lots of power.

I love the style, color and interior. Trunk space is great.

The acceleration deficiency is a major problem. Gas mileage should be stated as it actually is.