2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
So Wrong!
By teblhasa on 03/04/07 16:24 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I traded my '95 Celica for one last fall, and there is not one regret! Its fast, fun, sporty, and it is so cavernous! So what if it doesn't get 40mpg - if you want that, get a Prius! I agree with 2% of the ratings out there as far as the odd tranny shifting & paint scratches, but that's it. If you want a solidly built, safe & reliable car that is fun to drive in every condition, get a Camry.

Torqued windshield & odd tranny
By Bruce G on 04/11/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Pleasant to drive, lots of room but the radio sounds a bid cheap despite a bunch of speakers. The windshield developed a tiny crack near the roof that progressively lengthed to about 2 feet before replaced. There seems to be a tendency for the chassis to twist and crack the windshield! Like others I've had a dash rattle. Also, tap the brakes when slowing from 70 on a downslope and the tranny very perceptively downshifts. No answers from dealer.

Real Deal on my Camry
By andre on 09/21/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I believe ever since Toyoya started building cars in America, quality has gone down. I bought my Camry with 1000 miles already on it, but it was new since it had no title. Problems I've had with my car are, the paint - no clearcoat and one layer of paint make it easy to get chips, I have MANY; dashboard - rattles; sunroof - leaks; front passenger speaker - rattles; engine - V6 is not responsive; and the front driver window - doesnt seal properly. The only problem that has been solved is the leaking sunroof. All other problems have been brought to MULTIPLE Toyota dealerships and ignorance has caused me to still have these problems to date. If you want a more reliable car, look elsewhere.

Love it
By Tyler on 07/25/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love Toyotas as i work for the company. However, even if i didn't i would still buy them. This car is very comfortable and makes long trips go very quickly. I love to drive it, although is kind of "uncool" to drive. But i'm a practical person, so it fits me well!

Disappointing for Toyota tradition
By Don Rieder on 03/21/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota purchase. I felt that if bought a Camry, I could kiss any frustrations goodbye. Not true! This car has an annoying lag time when the car is slowing down ( stop and go traffic), and then you try to accelerate. There is a dead spot, then it jumps ahead, as if the transmission doesn"t know which gear to go in. This is the new Drive by wire technology according to Toyota. The local dealership has acknowledged this a problem, and they are working on a programming change, but in the meantime, the car can be very aggravating to drive. They must resolve this problem. I will not put up with it. As for gas mileage, it is not as good as stated. The car does have lots of power.

awesome ride
By cliffre on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car for a v-6 it gets better gas mileage than what the sticker says if you don't lead foot it but normal driving great. We took it on a trip it got 29-32 mpg with air on even with regular gas just a little better with higher octane

Teenage Owner/Driver Review
By H2J on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I did not consider buying this car a week before I actually purchased it. I am a Nissan fan myself and originally wanted an 03 Maxima or the new Altima SL. Considering the prices and quality/reliability, I decided to go with the Camry. Toyota has a better record of producing reliable cars and my SE was about $4K cheaper than the SL. My parents have the base LE and there are signifant differences between them that I can not stand driving the LE. The Accord was another good choice, but I liked the styling better on the Camry. SE was also cheaper than the V6 Accord.

Old Persons Car
By Honest One on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota's top of the line sports edition with the 3.3 liter (225hp) engine needs some fine tuning. Toyota should replace the current 5 speed transmission. The trans should be propelling the car forward and not shifting from 1st to 2nd gear at 8mph. Pick-up is compromised due to the low 8mph shifting. It would be nice to keep pace with mini-vans and compact cars from stop lights. Obviously people who rave about this 5 speed transmission have never driven a real driver's car.

Camry versus Accord
By Vincent T. on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I own both a 2003 Accord EX V6 and a Camry SE V6. Both are very well built vehicles. I am more impressed with the Camry because it drives better and overall a better built car. For about 25k, the Accord has a lot more options like dual temperature control, heated seats, and passenger power seat.

camry
By joflores on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It looks good and drives good and a graet car to have