2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
100k+ and aiming for a million
By lord_falkland on 08/20/13 14:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

bought it new for Xmas back in 03, couldn't resist the 0% APR offered by Toyota Financing. Anyway it'll be close to 10 years since then and I've driven it almost all over the PST/MST zones. City economy is never higher than 24, freeway cruising between 75-80 nets 29 and back-road cruising between 45-55 nets a high of 36. Yep 36 but I rarely drive that slow for that long so that almost never happens. I keep up with all the scheduled maintenance as a rule, change the oil every 3-4k miles and it just keeps on trucking. 200 lbs/ft tq is enough to carry a family of 5 from the coast to the peaks with a trunk full of luggage. And food. And a cooler too. I almost bought another 04 once, haha

Dependable!
By Hmoob_kid1058 on 09/22/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Although the height of the interior is fairly short, the car provides an excellent amount of leg room. The dashboard is equipped with the standard settings with the max speed reaching to 110mph. To the right of the dashboard lies the music system, which includes CDs, cassettes, and radio, and beneath the music system is the heating and cooling controls. Being a car with auto transmission, the car is installed with an automatic-stick just to the right of the driver. Along with the automatic stick shift is the hill parking handle, and two cup holders for whatever drinks that the driver may have. Between the backrests of the passenger and driver seat is a small compartment to store misc. items.

S'alright
By ZeroNiner on 10/31/07 23:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The V6 Camry is a wonderful car to drive. I have driven it for nearly 4 years and am very satisfied. Fuel economy is decent, cannot complain. I gave performance a 5 because of the delay when the gas is pressed a bit much, but sometimes noticeable even with calm acceleration (somewhat annoys me).

Great and Reliable Family Sedan
By Vinaay on 10/24/07 20:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new in 2004 and drove about 45000 miles so far. No problem. Excellent in driving. Only drawback would be gas consumption compared to hybrids. If you are not planning to buy a new hybrid, this would be a excellent choice. Peace of mind.

It grows on you
By Onxyl on 08/07/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2004 LE V6 Camry used. Already have a 2001 LE V6. '04 model has a different body style that is vastly quieter and somewhat larger. The 04 was the first year for the 5 sp auto on the V6 and improves mileage on trips and decreases noise at high speeds, but the transmission shifting is much worse (and erratic) in the city than my 01. All TSBs have been applied. Dealer indicates it is operating as designed. Transmission also now requires Toyota fluid (vs Dextron 3 for 01). Ride seems somewhat smoother, but this is less noticable than the improvement in cabin noise. Rear doors are longer, making exit/entry more difficult. Trunk went from large to absolutely huge.

satisfaction
By r. dimaggio on 03/19/06 09:37 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like everything except the road noise is a bit loud, could be insulated better better ride performance is needed

Nice car- 1st time owner
By chris 02 on 02/25/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this is a nice car. This is my 1st Camry and I'm pleased with the car. I like the 5 speed even though is does hesitate when shifting. On the highway this is a sweet car and doesn't hesitate to go when you hit the pedal. I know one thing I will probably never go back to a american car brand the quality is no match and the design shows they thought everything out to benefit the consumer. I will definitely consider Toyota when the time comes to buy another car. It is fun to drive in nice weather with the sunroof open and the radio playing as you cruise down the road.

A Very Good Car
By gejr on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had my LE-V6 for a couple of weeks but my last was a Saturn LW300 and you can't compare the two. This is my 5th Toyota and they have all been good, dependable autos. This latest Camry is smooth, powerful enough, quiet, comfortable and very easy to drive. My wife feels the same way about the car. So far no regrets. Dealer was great and worked the Edmunds figures perfectly. A very easy buy since I was well prepared to deal.

Absolutely Not a Good Car.
By Gautam Arora on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please Please don't buy this car LE/XLE/SE V6 especially 5A. It tons of problems (check the forums / reviews) : 1. Very Very Poor Acceleration even a compact car would leave you behind. 2. Bad Fuel ecomomy. 3. Lots of rattles which would never go away.

This car rocks
By AChang on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the most smooth ride i've ever been in. I love this car, its fast,quiet,smooth, and most of all powerful. By the way, the username JFlynn that bought the V4 Le was my Science teacher this year. How funny is that?