2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Impressed
By atomicalex7 on 12/02/13 09:27 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently drove my grandmothers camry on a 800 mile round trip road trip with 4 adults and a trunk full of stuff. At first, I was worried about the power because we were going to be going up and down mountains all day, but there were no problems. Even up the steepest grades, no power was lost and it even stayed in overdrive. A majority of the time the car was pushing 80, and the ride was very relaxing with no road noise and responsive steering. It was a very comfortable car to ride in and the trip average was 30mpg both ways. The car has 68,000 miles and the only thing that was ever replaced were tires, brakes (65,000 miles) and a steering bushing.

still going strong
By lemaire on 04/16/13 22:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

352000 kil.all original except for front brakes and stabilizer bar bushings...of course the tires are new and the oil and filter have been changed at regular intervals....would buy another 04 tomorrow..best car I have ever owned

Best car I ever owned
By JJ on 09/05/10 13:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I now have about 115,000 miles on this car. There have been no problems. Even what I consider expected repairs came much later than expected; brake pads at 85,000, struts at 110,000. This is even after having been driven by two teenage boys. MPG is great; 27 on daily commute, and 34 on vacation road trips. i have enough confidence in this car that I let my son take it to college with him. I replaced it for my use with a 2007 Camry and have been disappointed. the 2004 is vastly superior.

Drives Well, Good on Gas
By Rick on 07/10/10 00:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39k on it. The car rides well and has good stability. If I have any complaints is the interior cloth seats tend to generate static electricity and don't hold up well with child seats. The interior is loaded with plastic. Car is tight, steers well and a pleasure to drive. It actually has a lot of similar characteristics to a luxury car I have that costs almost 3 times the price.

Buyers Beware!
By SCathey on 05/22/10 06:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

May 2010: In 4 months, I have had transmission rebuilt, trouble with catalytic converter, and now needs new engine! I took really good care of this car and intended to keep if for 20 years! I am selling as is and never buying another Toyota EVER!

Driving excitement
By Jane G. on 02/21/10 16:39 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the best car ever. Maybe not the sharpest looking but the way it handles, it's smooth ride, quiet interior, quick acceleration and outstanding gas mileage makes it tops in my book. I consistently get 28-29 mpg. On my curvy road to and from home, I could effortlessly sail around the curves without a worry. Driving on snow and ice was solid. My husband preferred my car to his Ford Explorer for winter weather driving. If I could get another exactly like this but without the higher miles, I would.

Lived up to its rep, so far
By John on 12/30/09 12:27 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 86k miles, my Camry is still trucking along with no problems, no unusual expense. The worst I've had is tires that wore prematurely (Potenza) -- nice performance tires but wore out at 35k. On the good side, no need for brake job 'til 60k! Aside from that, only 1 regret that it did not come with much tinting! making it hot in summer. Otherwise a fantastic car and the only comfortable seat I've ever owned.

Unusual repairs
By TED on 10/22/09 03:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2004 Camry, that I purchased new, needed the brakes repaired @ my 3 day check up. I am now getting the throttle body replaced for the 3rd time ($1400.-). I also replaced an Oxygen sensor. I drove my last vehicle, a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix 140,000 with the original throttle body & Oxygen sensor. I thought I was buying the reliable/dependable vehicle they advertise. I got a clunker!

Favorite Car
By jim88mm on 10/07/09 16:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Camry new in 2004 and am approaching 200k miles, consistently getting 30 mpg. Recently replaced valve stem guides, but that is the only major repair. This has been a fantastic purchase.

Good car for what you want it for
By Donut44 on 12/14/04 10:07 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When it comes to just needing a quality car for a pretty good price, this is hard to beat. It has decent power when you need it, as long as that is "needing it" like once a day or less. The 4 cyl is built for comfort, mpg's and lasting ability. Can't speak for the latter yet, but the first two have been really good. About 28mpg on city travel, not sure on long distances yet.