Used 2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 305 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

No Problems
By Gary Barcome

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle has performed flawlessly for 12 years. Only scheduled maintenenace and normal replacement items required.

Most Reliable and comfortable car
By Archana Tiwari

Most Reliable and comfortable car

My neighbor Sam got 04 camery
By Michael

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

He purchased from a doctor,with 234 mi k, runs like a dream need to get md insp, will see if it needs anything.you know how mech, are. But I think it will pass. And get state insp.

196,000 Miles... Time to buy another used Camry
By Go Toyota

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If you change the oil, keep it tuned and do the very basics of car care...this thing runs and runs and runs. Bought this unloved Camry at an estate auction well below blue book because it had been wrecked. Had 17k on it when we bought it. Repairs were all original Toyota parts according to the local Toyota dealer. 196,000 miles later despite the abuse of one of our young male drivers and we have yet to replace any parts on the car other than brakes and tires. We're giving the car away to someone who needs reliable transportation. At 196K the engine is not using oil and the compression all checks good. I bought another Camry LE (2010) with 28K on it for the very fact that we know that these cars go the distance if you do the basic maintenance. You get a nice sedan that makes your bucks go a very long way.

Still Solid After a Decade
By B Swan

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Toyota Camry very slightly used - essentially new. It gave me more than ten years and more than 120,000 miles of rock solid reliable use over its lifetime.

The Camry performed and handled pretty much as you would expect from a full-sized sedan of its class. It was designed as an everyday workhorse sedan with an emphasis on dependability, fuel-efficiency, and utility. It excelled at those traits and provided very satisfactory performance with the exception of the turning radius, which seemed overly wide and could be a pain in parking lot situations. I never had any real problem with acceleration when I needed it. Driving the Camry felt natural the ride was comfortable.

The technology in my vehicle featured some very nice convenience features - most especially an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, auto-off headlights, and auto-locking doors. My Camry also had powered driver seat adjustment.

The car's interior was roomy and comfortable. Its decor was tasteful and withstood ten-plus years of heavy use quite well. My only complaint about the interior was that the lid latch on the center console broke and repairing it was too expensive to be worth the cost.

Cargo capacity in the Camry was more than satisfactory. It had a spacious trunk and the rear seats could fold down if needed. This provided as much cargo room as I could ask from a four-door sedan.

The car's exterior characteristics were, on the whole, very good. It had a pleasing design and it kept its quality throughout its life. The sole outstanding negative of the 2004 Camry's body was that it had extremely low ground clearance, which could lead to scraping the bottom of the front bumper or the undercarriage in some cases.

The Camry's safety seemed to be good. There was a recall on the side curtain air-bags, including my own vehicle. Other than that, I always felt that it was a safe car and in the one major collision I had with it - one which was not the fault of the car - the car was rugged enough to prevent any personal injury.

Reliability is perhaps the most famous aspect of Toyota's reputation. In that regard, the 2004 Camry was absolutely incredible. Over the course of more than ten years of hard use - including a number of trips crossing multiple states - it did not suffer a single breakdown and had only one major component failure, that being a computer chip for the air conditioning system. At ten years, I would still rely on the 2004 Camry to take my from coast to coast without a second thought. And when I did replace this vehicle, I bought yet another Camry.