2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Best car ever!!!
By carmom11 on 04/24/14 12:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine used in 2005 with 20K on it. Just traded it in (2014) with 175,000. Never replaced anything but the typical disposables! This car just goes and goes and never brakes down or needs repairs. I wish they still built them like this. Best value and reliability!

Impressed
By atomicalex7 on 12/02/13 09:27 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently drove my grandmothers camry on a 800 mile round trip road trip with 4 adults and a trunk full of stuff. At first, I was worried about the power because we were going to be going up and down mountains all day, but there were no problems. Even up the steepest grades, no power was lost and it even stayed in overdrive. A majority of the time the car was pushing 80, and the ride was very relaxing with no road noise and responsive steering. It was a very comfortable car to ride in and the trip average was 30mpg both ways. The car has 68,000 miles and the only thing that was ever replaced were tires, brakes (65,000 miles) and a steering bushing.

100k+ and aiming for a million
By lord_falkland on 08/20/13 14:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

bought it new for Xmas back in 03, couldn't resist the 0% APR offered by Toyota Financing. Anyway it'll be close to 10 years since then and I've driven it almost all over the PST/MST zones. City economy is never higher than 24, freeway cruising between 75-80 nets 29 and back-road cruising between 45-55 nets a high of 36. Yep 36 but I rarely drive that slow for that long so that almost never happens. I keep up with all the scheduled maintenance as a rule, change the oil every 3-4k miles and it just keeps on trucking. 200 lbs/ft tq is enough to carry a family of 5 from the coast to the peaks with a trunk full of luggage. And food. And a cooler too. I almost bought another 04 once, haha

No more Toyota Camry!
By 2ben91 on 04/21/13 07:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was gifted this car two years ago after a family member purchased a new car. Having a 2000 Nissan Maxima, I decided this would an upgrade. Boy was I wrong. This car gets the same MPG as my Maxima, about 20-22 in town and 26 on the highway. For a vehicle with only 70,000 miles when I got it, and a Toyota, it sure has a lot of problems. It eats tires and brakes, it leaves me stranded, and it's most recent repair needed, a new Throttle Body, costs upwards of 1,400 dollars at only 95 k! I am going back to my Maxima after two years in the Toyota, and couldn't be happier. Newer and more expensive isn't always better!

still going strong
By lemaire on 04/16/13 22:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

352000 kil.all original except for front brakes and stabilizer bar bushings...of course the tires are new and the oil and filter have been changed at regular intervals....would buy another 04 tomorrow..best car I have ever owned

Love my Toyota!
By maddogca on 01/02/13 19:28 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little skeptical about getting this car at first. Now, I'm glad that I made the purchase. It has NEVER left me stranded and has ALWAYS sent me from Point A to Point B. So far, the only maintenance I have done to my car was oil changes, a new battery, and tires. I also love the moonroof and the leather seats. The JBL sound system is also a pretty nice system. The only thing that I can think that I dislike is the rear window shade. Other than that, thumbs up on this end. Toyota's might be expensive to purchase, but maintenance cost and insurance are SO LOW that it makes up for it.

Best car I ever owned
By JJ on 09/05/10 13:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I now have about 115,000 miles on this car. There have been no problems. Even what I consider expected repairs came much later than expected; brake pads at 85,000, struts at 110,000. This is even after having been driven by two teenage boys. MPG is great; 27 on daily commute, and 34 on vacation road trips. i have enough confidence in this car that I let my son take it to college with him. I replaced it for my use with a 2007 Camry and have been disappointed. the 2004 is vastly superior.

Drives Well, Good on Gas
By Rick on 07/10/10 00:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39k on it. The car rides well and has good stability. If I have any complaints is the interior cloth seats tend to generate static electricity and don't hold up well with child seats. The interior is loaded with plastic. Car is tight, steers well and a pleasure to drive. It actually has a lot of similar characteristics to a luxury car I have that costs almost 3 times the price.

Buyers Beware!
By SCathey on 05/22/10 06:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

May 2010: In 4 months, I have had transmission rebuilt, trouble with catalytic converter, and now needs new engine! I took really good care of this car and intended to keep if for 20 years! I am selling as is and never buying another Toyota EVER!

Driving excitement
By Jane G. on 02/21/10 16:39 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the best car ever. Maybe not the sharpest looking but the way it handles, it's smooth ride, quiet interior, quick acceleration and outstanding gas mileage makes it tops in my book. I consistently get 28-29 mpg. On my curvy road to and from home, I could effortlessly sail around the curves without a worry. Driving on snow and ice was solid. My husband preferred my car to his Ford Explorer for winter weather driving. If I could get another exactly like this but without the higher miles, I would.