2003 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Owned since brand new in 2003

2003 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Owned since brand new in 2003
By bagui1984 on

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since 2003 when it was bought brand new. I am 29 now and the car now has a bit over 126,000 miles. I have not experienced the dreaded stripping head bolts yet, and hope I never have to experience it. Ideally, I would love to use this car until 300,000 miles. I bought the car because of Toyota's reputation on reliability. I have added lots of mods on this LE, Homelink, HID projector headlamps from a Lexus, Wood grain, Fog Lights from the XLE model, TRD rear sway bar, just to make this car a bit fun to drive. I love it thus far, no real problems yet and hopefully forever.

Sound system is excellent, crisp and lots of bass, Reliability is excellent, Comfort is also excellent on long trips. The visibility is great as well. The Turning radius/Cycle is one of the best out there. I guess that is what Toyota/Lexus is known for. Toyota builds excellent cars.

Handling is ok, though I would like it to be a tad bit better, I know the 2012+ Camrys are excellent handling machines. I wish this was the case for the 03. The suspension just feels a bit soft. When you go over a bump the car kind of acts a bit clumsily.