2003 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
First Toyota
By PhilTitan on 07/04/05 18:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first Toyota after a number of substandard American manufactured cars. I've been converted. This car has performed spectacularly for over 2 years of driving. It has retained its value better than any other car I've owned. And its gotten better mileage than even the advertised sticker mileage, even using regular gasoline. I will always look to buy Toyota first from now on.

Hate my Toyota
By Don on 06/15/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this vehicle used. Was forced into market after my Mazda Protege which I loved was totalled. Had a Camry for a rental and it seemed pretty nice for a few days. Now that I've lived with one I hate it. Seating position is bad. After about a half hour, arms get tired because armrests too far away from steering wheel and steering too light to rest arm. Paint chips easily. Bad stink from exhaust. Engine sounds like it was made by John Deere. Radio reception terrible and stereo sound poor. Seats too soft after about an hour causing back and shoulder aches. Dealer won't do any more than they have to regarding repairs. Certified warranty coverage seems to have many loopholes. Could go on...

I love Camrys
By Suppo56 on 05/26/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 6th Camry and the best! Bought it with 9400 miles on clock. Smooth, quiet ride. Excellent gas mileage. What's not to like! Guess I'm surprised to find several negative comment re tire wear. It seems original tires wear fast! After 25K miles, I'll have to replace tires soon. I've gotten 75K miles on a set in earlier Camrys.

Engine Dissatisfaction
By Charles on 05/22/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I'm happy with the performance of this vehicle. One thing that I'm not too happy about is the vibration/shaking of the engine when I'm stepping on my breaks and slowing down or going in reverse immediately after I turned the engine on. My car is still under warranty and It's been to the dealer several times for this problem. Every time they keep telling me that everything seems to be running OK when it is not. They just don't get it! They don't seem to want to spend the time troubleshooting the problem because it costs them money and they feel that it's a waist of time. So, I keep going back hoping that they resolve the problem. Hopefully, I gave you a descent summary of my problem.

Camry - Not as Good as Competition
By Prashant on 05/19/05 14:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my car for about 2 years. I don't like it whatsoever. The clock is positioned so poorly, that only the driver and passenger can see it (and that's if they are sitting upright). The car has poor pick up for a V6 with 190hp. The stereo and air conditioning are positioned too high for easy & comfortable access. The speakers and stereo overall are not as good. I would think that the company with, in my opinion the best luxury brand (Lexus), would provide a really classy car and luxurious. But I'm wrong. Too bad, cause I really like Toyota.

Hated it!
By Florida Nancy on 04/26/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my '89 Camry which we had for 13 years til we traded it for an '03. What a disappointment. Never did figure out how to park it straight. I always had to overshoot to get into a parking space. Styling was as exciting as a refrigerator. I traded it in. Don't leave a Camry outside overnight... mine got mildew in the little seams around the car, and if it was wet and I opened the driver's window, water dripped inside right onto the power window buttons. Toyota told me that was OK, I wonder over time if water in the buttons would hurt it? Front and back edges not visible from drivers' seat, very hard to judge parking. Wouldn't buy again.

Oh what a feeling?
By SubVet on 04/03/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the car little over two and a half years. Honestly the first and only one I will ever have. About every 20K have to lube steering column, have done 2 four wheel alignments, now on third set of tires. Scrubbed curb and did $1000 damage to suspension alone. Ride is fair at best. Yea, I guess I could weld the hood shut my expenses have all be under the car. Will not ever consider one again.

Reliable
By JRex on 03/28/05 14:31 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Camry. Traded up from a 97 Civic, VERY glad I did. Camry is very plain, but what it lacks in eye appeal it makes up for in the checkbook. Great power for a 4cyl while still getting good (30 mpg) mileage. Wish abs brakes were standard. A perfect family car.

Solid Car
By AJ on 03/24/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, the car is great. For just over $16,000 brand new, there is nothing better on the market. I've owned an Acura TL, RL, and a Range Rover before, and only the RL compares in ride. The tires do go fast, but nothing else has given me a problem. I've already put 42,000 miles on it and it runs like new. Although it is somewhat weak, you can't really expect more from a 4 cyl. Overall, great car.

bad a/c
By daisy on 03/03/05 19:50 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Camry. I have had major problems with A/C. The compressor, motor, and other components had to be replaced. Getting parts was a real hassle. Also, the intermittent wipers did not work when I bought it. I have had to replace tires at less than 30,000 miles which is rediculous. I don't know if I have a lemon or what.I am aprehensive about the A/C.