2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
beautiful car but...
By L on 09/10/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Camry since August 2003, beautiful car, smooth ride, but the air conditioning had a leak inside the car 1 1/2 yrs. in and flooded the carpets, Toyota replaced the part but did nothing to repair the wet/ moldy smelling rugs. I had to pay a detailing company to clean and restore the interior of my car. The bottom of the car scrapes speed bumps at under 5 mph, and low driveways. Even with brand new tires it does very poorly in the snow, slides all over the road at very low speeds, cannot even back up off my flat driveway in a 1/2 inch of snow. Very scary to drive in winter weather.

No problems yet
By Jon Allison on 08/17/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased used with 25,000 miles and now have 166,000 miles on the car. I routinely get 31-33 mpg traveling at 70-75 mph. I change oil every 4K miles and at 100k had spark plugs, belts and trans fluid changed. At 135K replaced front brake pads and rotors. Only non maintenance issue was at 150k when the air conditioning would not work. The a/c button would flash on and off and the compressor clutch would not engage. I looked at some online posts and found that thea particular AC relay part number had been causing problems and had been replaced. For $55 I plugged in a new relay and AC has worked fine since. Car is still tight and rattle free, love the JBL stereo and huge trunk.

100K and still going.
By Tim Kloth on 08/13/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because of its reliability reputation. We bought it new. We just turned 100K miles and have had no major problems. New battery at 3 yrs. New brakes and tires at about 86K miles. Thats it. We still get just over 30 mpg on the highway with one passenger, full trunk and A/C on. The front seats could be more comfortable and we really don't like the throttle-by-wire system. The excessive lag can be dangerous if you are not planning for it. Also, the five speed trans sometimes hunts between 1-2-3 resulting in a sudden downshift with a clunk or an up shift and surge. The readouts for the radio and temp controls are hard to read in sunlight.

Good Car, Great Value
By MD Customer on 08/09/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. It is very reliable and has low cost maintenance. Great for a family or a single person. I purchased my car used and it was the best car purchase. I sold it at 93,000 miles but it is still a great car with a lot of life left. I also learned the resale value is great which was another bonus.

2003 Camry SE
By mac0s9user on 07/25/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a Toyota mechanic and this is the car I trained on . I saw how well it was built and all the redundant systems and had to buy one. Got mine last year and at 80,000 now am having no problems. Brakes are getting due but for me thats only like $200. Best value for the money. I am adding different aftermarket headlights for originality but other than that it's perfect!

Best car ever
By kennycrowshaw on 06/29/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After being a GM man I made the jump to Toyota. Best decision I've ever made with cars. This car is comfortable, quiet and best of all great fuel economy on the highway. Last week my wife was rear-ended by a Chev half ton as she was stopped to turn left. He hit her traveling over 30mph - the half ton has been written off and the Camry is repairable. Best of all my wife came out of it with just a little bit of a stiff neck. Also it is very predictable in rain and snow. To sum up this is a safe, reliable and not bad styled car I highly recommend.

Good family car
By family dude on 05/27/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For the price, you can't beat the ride. Taken the car to its limit (about 120, really) and it was as if I was going 70. The handling isn't sporty, but it's still precise and very predictable. I don't find that it floats (like a new Buick I recently drove), maybe just too isolated from the road. LE came with horrible Continental tires, which screamed around any turn. Got Michelins and the Camry cornered far better. Had some issues just recently with repairs. At over 95,000 miles, all the engine mounts had to be replaced. Big dollars. But recently had the tires balanced and rotated as well the alignment redone. Car rides great again. A great used car if that's what you are looking for.

Great alternative to an expensive option
By JohnieB on 04/27/08 13:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased this car back in 2006, I was looking at the Lexus ES300/ES330. I ran across my '03 XLE V6 with every option but nav and it included 4 addtional airbags! The V6 has decent power but the throttle response is my only real complaint. The throttle by wire system is severely lacking when it comes to reponding to my needs. If you can drive around the 2 second lag, you can plan to be a happy, comfortable owner. The interior is quiet and well designed. I thought it was quiet until I added new Micehlin Primacy tires and it is so quiet now that the loudest thing in the cabin is the V6 singing away under acceleration. I love my Camry, styling and comfort of an ES, sans $$$.

Excellent value for the money!
By JohnieB on 04/14/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for 1.5 years and I love it. It is quiet, comfortable and very relaxing to drive in the urban, traffic snarl. I barely notice the other vehicles, even ones with sirens. I replaced the stock Michelins MXV4s with the new Michelin Primacy and the car is quieter than I ever imagined. These tires really seem to work with this car. The ride is supple, comfortable but you can tell what the wheels are doing. Mine is 2003.5 model which is the 3.0 VVt-i motor and 5 speed tranny and I love it!

03 Camry LE Review
By g on 10/03/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 5 years and have put over 100,000 miles on it. Comfortable riding car but with a fairly generic feeling interior. Okay stereo. Not a good handling car, tends to float over the road providing a fairly vague feel. Taking my eyes off of the road to adjust the radio can result in drifting into other lane, even if just for a second; no feel of the road here. Reliability is not what I would have expected. Did sunroof cables and intake manifold at 70k ($1500). At 107k miles, now needs a new steering rack. Nice car for trips, but disappointing otherwise.