Used 2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
Cats AZZ
By Rockin

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car...reliable...comfortable...good gas mileage...like to see the Camry as a hybrid in the near future

Favorite Features

the style...all the amenties

Suggested Improvements

on the front hood of car...no slope ...just have a flat plain...get alot of water spots

Best Car You'll Ever Own
By DP

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched the Camry and similar models (Accord, etc) thoroughly before purchasing my XLE two years ago and have been extremely satisfied with my purchase. The car is stylish and extremely reliable, has retained excellent resale value and has many attractive features. It's an excellent value, although I probably wouldn't buy another car at any price point.

Favorite Features

XLE model features lighted vanity mirrors (a key selling point in my book) and the rear-view mirror has an integrated compass (so you're always headed in the right direction) and dimmer feature. Wood-grain panelling, in-dash six disc CD changer, and cargo (grocery) net in truck also a plus.

Suggested Improvements

Model could use more cup holders (back seat holders are inaccessible with 3 passengers) and easier to reach stereo controls. Auto door locks have had to be re-programmed several times.

211000 miles and going strong
By steve

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 211000 miles I am thinking of selling. AC compressor went out, at 140000, and timing belts at recommended intervals, other than that mechanically perfect except for the radio. It has never died anywhere, the V6 still runs as if it was new, though it has developed a front end rattle over bumps. The turning radius is amazingly good, and with the ABS it has saved me a few times in snow and wet weather. Gets about 25 mpg on the highway, which is tolerable with reg. gas. This is my 4th Camry V6, starting in 1986, and its the best of the lot, though the 93 is still going strong with my son in law at 275,000 miles. Why would I switch? To buy a new one, though this still looks great.

Favorite Features

Reliability, low cost to run, turning radius, 6 disc changer, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Front end rattling, controls on steering wheel for radio/CD.

My Camry is HOT!
By lovemyCamry2003

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sporty and quick. Been in the shop one time for a tune up. No problems to date. Bought for the kids, but still drive it for me.

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Second only to my 1993 Ford Ranger that is still on the road with 250k + miles.

Extremely disappointed - engine problems
By dat22

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 2003 toyota camry 16 months ago and have repeat problems with the engine/head bolts stripping out of the engine block. This is a know issue related to NHTSA Item Number : 10037592, Summary : TOYOTA: THERE MAY BE DAMAGED CYLINDER HEAD BOLTS THREADS. *RM, and specifically with engine 2AZ-FE. Dialership and Toyota executive level have not done anything to help. I will not buy another toyota.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

engines that don't blow head gaskets