Used 2003 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love it so far!
By kernat

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car so far. Great drive, great interior design and good fuel efficiency.

No Doubt About It
By SE 4 US

2003 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

In response to Hallowell, we just purchased an '03 Camry SE and it DOES have a tilt steering wheel. The lever is directly underneath the steering column.

ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, one-touch moonroof, blackout headlights, fog lights, black pearl badging, 16 inch performance tires (Michelins)/suspension, 16 inch aluminum wheels. Filtered air conditioning. Great gas mileage alleviates gas price anxiety. Oh! And that full size spare.

Standard RS3200 VIP vehicle anti-theft system. We all know Toyotas are at or near the top of the list of the most stolen vehicle in America.

What a great buy!
By ARW

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I brought my Camry with a little less than 15K miles. All the previous cars I had owned had been domestic and there is a big difference in the handling. My Camry came with ABS brakes and I decided to get the car certified before I purchased it and the dealership threw in a cargo net for the truck as well. Not a bad purchased for $17,450. I am having a ball with this car. It is worth every penny. I finally found a car that a 5'10 female can enjoy riding in the back seat. This was my biggest concern of mine. I knew I could drive just about any car, but I wanted one I could be confortable in the back in as well. Great job guys.

The sound system controls are wonderful. The silver exterior and interior match perfectly. The spacious truck and interior.

Start making power seats and ABS brakes standard for all models.

Tall People Beware
By Erik Savage

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car runs great, but is not designed for everyone. Leg began cramping to the point of numbness days after I bought it, but the dealer and manufacturer were unsympathetic; politely listened but took no responsibility. Scouring the internet, I found similar cases for people 6' and over (I'm 6'). I'll have to sell the car at a loss after driving it for only a few weeks. Buyer beware: take a LONG test drive.

Lots of power (why get V6?), roomy

Work on the ergonomics, or warn of possible problems

My First Toyota
By belaircarguy

2003 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded my 2000 Dodge Intrepid for 2003 Camry. Camry has a light touch, easy steering, parking and visibility. Nice ride, but not as much fun as the Intrepid, which was low slung and hugged the road like a sports car. Build quality is good, and car has an airconditioner that could chill meat! Great for those hot July days.

Good visibility, quiet,smooth ride, good stereo. Car is very easy to handle in city driving, including parallel parking. Wife likes this much better than previous Dodge Intrepid because she sits higher with better visibility.

Fix this jerky transmission. Downshifting as in turning a corner at low speeds is jerky. Cruise control should be moved to the steering wheel, not hung off the steering column like an afterthought. Hit it with my knees entering and exiting if the wheel is turned.