2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
One of the most reliable cars out there!
By Muntezir on 08/01/09 20:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car at about 47k and now has 115... Still drives and feels like it has 47k. Just regular maintenance, tires, battery, etc...

2003 Toyota
By A on 04/24/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle has been extremely reliable, at 107,000 runs stronger than when new, only maintenance other than fluid changes, have to install front brakes at 80,000 miles. Very, very reliable especially considering it has been driven by two adults and two youth operators.

I highly recommend this car
By Navyguy on 03/31/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In 2003 I bought a new Toyota Camry LE and I recently sold it. I bought a 2007 Lexus ES350. Overall I loved the car it is very reliable. I drive 70- 75 mph and get over 30 mpg. I had no issues with the car all I had to do was basic things like replace the breaks, and get a 100K tune up. I highly recommend this car. Lexus and Toyota are just hands down better than the competition. I am a tall guy 6'3 and there is plenty of room for me to feel comfortable. The back has plenty of room and you can also store quite a bit of groceries in the trunk. Overall this is a solid car but after six years it was time for an upgrade.

380k and Still going
By M.k. on 03/28/09 23:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Camry new in 12/02. I commute to work about 120 miles everyday, and this car has served me well for 380,000 miles. I change the oil every 3,000 miles. I've changed with suspension 3 times, brakes have been done 3 times. Apart from routine maintenance, the only problem this car has given me, was the A/C compressor went out at 210k. Not a big deal considering when it was replaced. I treat this car well, and it returns the favor. You can't get any better than that.

Had it with Toyota
By johnzorba on 02/16/09 08:02 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had several warranty repairs on this car. The motor for the Camry driver seat back went just after the warranty expired. I probably used it less than a dozen times. The electric driver's window can not be set to partial open. It's noisy. I keep thinking a window is open somewhat. Gas mileage is not what was listed. My A/C is intermittent and the dealer can't fix it until it is totally gone. If you drop something between the drivers seat and the console, good luck trying to get to it. Paint job needs improvement. I've always bought Toyoyas, but this may be my last.

Love My 2003 Camry SE
By Love my Camry on 02/10/09 22:47 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car from 2003 until 2009. I have put about 80000 miles on the car. It is fun to drive and can boogey after an initial realization pause. The only complaint I have is that the tires and suspension are a bit of a worry because it causes the steering column to shake if tires aren't perfectly inflated and the weight on the axles isn't great; it'll cause you to almost wreck. The car also has a very loose suspension, causing it to "scratch." Most of the time I felt very safe in my Camry... when it was being stubborn, possibly due to a bad mechanic at the dealership.

Good car, but overrated
By dsensing on 12/15/08 14:28 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is an incredibly well-built car that does most everything competently but nothing really well. Mine's a tricked-out XLE (4-cyl) with leather, roof, JBL system, heated seats, etc. I have nothing to complain at 60K miles, but can't really brag about it, either. Fact is, this car is dull as dishwater. The I-4 is a slug. The JBL sound system barely qualifies as "premium." I don't feel any connection to the road through the steering, which is over-assisted and much too light at all speeds. Build quality is outstanding, as is reliability. Good back seat room and seats are 7.5 on the 10 scale for comfort (our Volvo V70 is the 10). But the Camry is dull, dull, dull.

Problems after 60k
By charlie from boston on 12/08/08 17:24 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a Camry after many problems with our 1999 Mitsubishi Gallant. We bought on brand reputation and looks of car. The car ran great until the 36k warranty expired. First thing was that a fuel sensor went bad shortly after warranty expired. $450 Then the paint on the car started to peel.The seatbelts in front have always locked up while driving..Has never drove well in snow and back end tends to swerve in snowy weather. Changed tires because original tires did not grip the road well. Needed new struts at 45k. At 65k the oxygen sensor went and shortly after that the power steering failed. No next time!

Almost Six Years Old - Never a Problem
By scott on 12/01/08 16:41 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After almost 6 years and 90k, this car just keeps going without a single problem. I just get scheduled oil changes and tuneups every 30k miles. Other than new tires around 65k miles, that's been it so far. I bought it for Toyota's reliability and my expectations have been exceeded. I love that it runs on regular gas and gets gas mileage (over 30 mpg at highway speeds). The large trunk and roomy back seats come in handy. I don't know if I'll keep this car for 211k miles like another reviewer, but I am looking forward to another 6 years.

211000 miles and going strong
By steve on 10/27/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 211000 miles I am thinking of selling. AC compressor went out, at 140000, and timing belts at recommended intervals, other than that mechanically perfect except for the radio. It has never died anywhere, the V6 still runs as if it was new, though it has developed a front end rattle over bumps. The turning radius is amazingly good, and with the ABS it has saved me a few times in snow and wet weather. Gets about 25 mpg on the highway, which is tolerable with reg. gas. This is my 4th Camry V6, starting in 1986, and its the best of the lot, though the 93 is still going strong with my son in law at 275,000 miles. Why would I switch? To buy a new one, though this still looks great.