Used 2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

One of my best cars ever!
By buffgirl23

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Camry new which replaced my 1989 Camry. Reliable? You bet! Only routine maintenance performed (oil change, new tires, etc.) Still runs like a dream; smooth acceleration, quick pick-up. I intend on running this vehicle into the ground!

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration, good steering, comfortable interior (but a bit boring). Good sound system, good air conditioning.

Suggested Improvements

Make the interior a little more exciting.

Great Car!
By D

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I totally recommend this car. I had Lexus few years ago and this car has nothing to envy to Lexus if you talk about comfort and reliability, silent engine. Great to drive, Not a sexy body but a great car. I love my Camry

Favorite Features

Silent engine and comfort

Suggested Improvements

more sexy body please or elegant look

104K Still Going Strong
By flyingrc12

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle new in 2003. Oil changes every 3k, brakes around 54k, all needed service completed. Water pump replaced, on my 3rd set of tires. Intermediate steering shaft needs replacement, not a safety issue just annoying knock sound. My a/c light blinks from time to time lately causing the a/c to not work. This appears to be a relay that needs replacement which is common. Other then what I would call minor issues with a vehicle with over 104k miles on it, it's treated me fantastic. Still getting 34 mpg highway 25 mpg around town. Engine sounds just like the day I bought it, amazing. Honestly, the car is just as sound today as the day I bought it! I would buy another in a sec.

Favorite Features

ride, comfort, gas mileage, ease of getting in and out of vehicle. reliability is fantastic over the years.

Suggested Improvements

maybe a little more durable paint, mine chipped kinda easy. A little less body lean when cornering, however this would take away from the soft comfortable ride I'm sure.

I love my Camry!
By Momof2

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this Camry one year old. It has 112,500 miles now. I plan to keep it at least a few more years because it is so reliable. Catalytic converter failed in 2009 in a different state but the Camry got us home! That is the only 'major' repair. This year we drove it 13 hours one way on vacation and got 36 mpg with a full trunk, 2 adults & 2 kids!

Favorite Features

Huge trunk, fuel economy, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Thigh support on front seat, rear seat is also uncomfortable, electrical (interior dome light has short and a dash light has short). I have had electrical problems in my past Toyotas, nothing serious, just shorts or a lot of blown bulbs.

My Camry is HOT!
By lovemyCamry2003

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sporty and quick. Been in the shop one time for a tune up. No problems to date. Bought for the kids, but still drive it for me.

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Second only to my 1993 Ford Ranger that is still on the road with 250k + miles.