Used 2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Camry
By chunt5

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Camry, that we purchased new, has been a great car. It only has 20,000 miles on it but we have not had a single issue with it. It still drives and handles like brand new. I replaced the tires just because they were 9 years old. The only other part that we replaced is the battery in 2008. I like the Camry so much that I just purchased a new Toyota Tacoma.

Extremely disappointed - engine problems
By dat22

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 2003 toyota camry 16 months ago and have repeat problems with the engine/head bolts stripping out of the engine block. This is a know issue related to NHTSA Item Number : 10037592, Summary : TOYOTA: THERE MAY BE DAMAGED CYLINDER HEAD BOLTS THREADS. *RM, and specifically with engine 2AZ-FE. Dialership and Toyota executive level have not done anything to help. I will not buy another toyota.

none

engines that don't blow head gaskets

Camry beats all others
By 4camryowner

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

No my Camry is not exciting to drive or very fast. It is however VERY reliable. I have owned 4 Camrys and am able to put 200,000 on each one with no major problems. My present Camry I bought used with 80,000 miles I now have 203,000 miles and only replaced the gas cap!!! Do not be tempted to the dark side (Ford, Dodge or Chevy) Toyota has best build quality. The 2003 model gets an honest 33 miles per gallon. Mixed driving (500 miles to a tank).

Interior is best out of my 3 other Camrys Gas mileage is awesome for this size car Low end torque is very good for a 4 cyl car

None

Fun to drive
By lisaw243

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought with 100,000 miles, very clean car, few months later front rotors went bad, was told this was last time they could be turned, few months later, a top motor mount, now the transmossion mount, $ 114 just for the part , backs struts are having thumping noise issues going over bumps very slowly, rack and pinion boot is shredded for some reason, headliner is starting to come loose in the back, the car has been well taken care of before and during the year and half I have owned it. Interior is great, fantastic console, very comfortable, mine has 8 airbags, so i have the extra safety feeling on the road, not sure if i should keep fixing things or trade it off? fun to drive, great on gas

center console, comfortable seats, stereo, gas mileage, safe feeling , classy looking inside and out

live up to the toyota history and reputation

This car saved my life. Highly recommend!!
By raro

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was recently in an accident on the hwy where I hit another car broadside. This car did everything it was designed to do. It crumpled in the front end, the hood buckled up and the engine did not come in on me. All four doors opened (I wish I could show you pictures), and let both my passenger and I out. I could kiss the man who sold me this car! I owned this car for three wonderful years and did ZERO REPAIRS. It had 150k and drove like it was new. Quiet, smooth, strong, reliable and SAFE!! Buy this car with confidence.

safety, reliability, durability, low maintenance

I would have loved a dvd player! :)