2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
104K Still Going Strong
By flyingrc12 on 08/17/10 21:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle new in 2003. Oil changes every 3k, brakes around 54k, all needed service completed. Water pump replaced, on my 3rd set of tires. Intermediate steering shaft needs replacement, not a safety issue just annoying knock sound. My a/c light blinks from time to time lately causing the a/c to not work. This appears to be a relay that needs replacement which is common. Other then what I would call minor issues with a vehicle with over 104k miles on it, it's treated me fantastic. Still getting 34 mpg highway 25 mpg around town. Engine sounds just like the day I bought it, amazing. Honestly, the car is just as sound today as the day I bought it! I would buy another in a sec.

Rock Solid for 6 yrs
By m14708 on 09/07/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought brand new and haven't regretted it. 105000 miles and just tires & brakes. Car still looks great and build quality is excellent. Would love to but a new car but don't want a note and really no reason to get rid of it. Still has lots of life left.

Had it with Toyota
By johnzorba on 02/16/09 08:02 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had several warranty repairs on this car. The motor for the Camry driver seat back went just after the warranty expired. I probably used it less than a dozen times. The electric driver's window can not be set to partial open. It's noisy. I keep thinking a window is open somewhat. Gas mileage is not what was listed. My A/C is intermittent and the dealer can't fix it until it is totally gone. If you drop something between the drivers seat and the console, good luck trying to get to it. Paint job needs improvement. I've always bought Toyoyas, but this may be my last.

Good car, but overrated
By dsensing on 12/15/08 14:28 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is an incredibly well-built car that does most everything competently but nothing really well. Mine's a tricked-out XLE (4-cyl) with leather, roof, JBL system, heated seats, etc. I have nothing to complain at 60K miles, but can't really brag about it, either. Fact is, this car is dull as dishwater. The I-4 is a slug. The JBL sound system barely qualifies as "premium." I don't feel any connection to the road through the steering, which is over-assisted and much too light at all speeds. Build quality is outstanding, as is reliability. Good back seat room and seats are 7.5 on the 10 scale for comfort (our Volvo V70 is the 10). But the Camry is dull, dull, dull.

Bad experience, not what they were
By RyanMurphy on 05/26/06 15:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I expected a solid car that would get me around town. What I got is a car that barely gets me around town. The car is a clunker in all honesty. I have 51,000 miles and I've been to the repair shop quite a bit. My transmission went out. My intake manifold cracked and had to be replaced. I have been through 2 sets of brakes and my steering wheel is all over the road. My tires are new.

Best Car You'll Ever Own
By DP on 01/27/06 13:39 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched the Camry and similar models (Accord, etc) thoroughly before purchasing my XLE two years ago and have been extremely satisfied with my purchase. The car is stylish and extremely reliable, has retained excellent resale value and has many attractive features. It's an excellent value, although I probably wouldn't buy another car at any price point.

CAMRY or ACCORD?
By easyed87 on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We were deciding between the Camry and Accord and the deciding factor was the smoothness of the ride. The Camry is large enough for a family of 4 with plenty of trunk space for road trips. It has averaged 35 mpg on highway trips and approximately 25 mpg in city driving conditions. I would highly recommend this car to anyone in the market for a mid-sized sedan.

Good decision.
By CoosBayDave on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Gave my '88 Camry to our daughter with 420,000 miles on the clock, bought a 2003 and love it. We have 72,000 trouble free miles on it. Much more room, more comfortable. Put a hitch on it and often pull a small trailer, mileage goes down to 20, normally it's 30mpg. Have had no problems with the car or the 3 Toyota dealerships we've used. You could spend a lot more and not get a better car.

Great Car
By dmkhnr on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife, and have no regret with the purchase.

Comfortable but with a major problem
By lskris on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Major Disappointment and problem. I would have been happy with my first Camry XLE except less than one month after purchasing, the car was leaking oil from the transmission/trans oil pan. After many visits and rental cars later the transmission etc. was replaced. Also, when braking quickly it feels like the brakes lock and the car slides without stopping. Scary!