2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
2003 Toyota Camry
By buckeye30 on 01/19/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My car just surpassed 150,000 miles today. It has been an extremely dependable, reliable, inexpensive maintenance, and overall a great car for its value. Just do the regular maintenance and Toyota never disappoints you. I commute nearly 100 miles a day, but even though my car is nearly 11 years old, it gives me full confidence to start my day. Power is decent although there is a power lag, but you can't expect more since it is not meant to be a sporty car.

Fun to drive
By lisaw243 on 06/04/11 17:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought with 100,000 miles, very clean car, few months later front rotors went bad, was told this was last time they could be turned, few months later, a top motor mount, now the transmossion mount, $ 114 just for the part , backs struts are having thumping noise issues going over bumps very slowly, rack and pinion boot is shredded for some reason, headliner is starting to come loose in the back, the car has been well taken care of before and during the year and half I have owned it. Interior is great, fantastic console, very comfortable, mine has 8 airbags, so i have the extra safety feeling on the road, not sure if i should keep fixing things or trade it off? fun to drive, great on gas

This car saved my life. Highly recommend!!
By raro on 01/13/11 22:05 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was recently in an accident on the hwy where I hit another car broadside. This car did everything it was designed to do. It crumpled in the front end, the hood buckled up and the engine did not come in on me. All four doors opened (I wish I could show you pictures), and let both my passenger and I out. I could kiss the man who sold me this car! I owned this car for three wonderful years and did ZERO REPAIRS. It had 150k and drove like it was new. Quiet, smooth, strong, reliable and SAFE!! Buy this car with confidence.

My Camry is HOT!
By lovemyCamry2003 on 07/01/10 15:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sporty and quick. Been in the shop one time for a tune up. No problems to date. Bought for the kids, but still drive it for me.

One of the most reliable cars out there!
By Muntezir on 08/01/09 20:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car at about 47k and now has 115... Still drives and feels like it has 47k. Just regular maintenance, tires, battery, etc...

I highly recommend this car
By Navyguy on 03/31/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In 2003 I bought a new Toyota Camry LE and I recently sold it. I bought a 2007 Lexus ES350. Overall I loved the car it is very reliable. I drive 70- 75 mph and get over 30 mpg. I had no issues with the car all I had to do was basic things like replace the breaks, and get a 100K tune up. I highly recommend this car. Lexus and Toyota are just hands down better than the competition. I am a tall guy 6'3 and there is plenty of room for me to feel comfortable. The back has plenty of room and you can also store quite a bit of groceries in the trunk. Overall this is a solid car but after six years it was time for an upgrade.

Problems after 60k
By charlie from boston on 12/08/08 17:24 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a Camry after many problems with our 1999 Mitsubishi Gallant. We bought on brand reputation and looks of car. The car ran great until the 36k warranty expired. First thing was that a fuel sensor went bad shortly after warranty expired. $450 Then the paint on the car started to peel.The seatbelts in front have always locked up while driving..Has never drove well in snow and back end tends to swerve in snowy weather. Changed tires because original tires did not grip the road well. Needed new struts at 45k. At 65k the oxygen sensor went and shortly after that the power steering failed. No next time!

Good family car
By family dude on 05/27/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For the price, you can't beat the ride. Taken the car to its limit (about 120, really) and it was as if I was going 70. The handling isn't sporty, but it's still precise and very predictable. I don't find that it floats (like a new Buick I recently drove), maybe just too isolated from the road. LE came with horrible Continental tires, which screamed around any turn. Got Michelins and the Camry cornered far better. Had some issues just recently with repairs. At over 95,000 miles, all the engine mounts had to be replaced. Big dollars. But recently had the tires balanced and rotated as well the alignment redone. Car rides great again. A great used car if that's what you are looking for.

Great Reliable transportation
By Andy on 09/02/07 06:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is your 4th year with the Camry and the ownership experience has been totally hassle free; just routine maintenence. The V6 is not that powerful compare to the competition but it has more than enough oomph for my needs.

I like it!
By landman on 08/30/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wanted only leather and V-6, got it and very satisfied. The ride closely resembled that of my Benz, and is very comfortable. Not as stiff as nearest competitor. V-6 power gives me quick Interstate access in traffic. Gas mileage is as advertised, but I travel in excess of speed limit often. Leans in tight corners, and turns on a quarter rather than a dime. Overall, I like my Camry and think it will last a long time past the 72,000 miles I have now. No trouble; I don't know why I bought the extended warranty. Peace of mind I guess.