2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Comfortably Reliable
By ray44512 on 08/27/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I inherited this car a few months back, literally owned by a little old man. Four cylinder is sluggish from the start, but comes alive once it is rolling. Transmission seems well suited to make the most of 2.4 liters. Body style and interior are plain but functional. Actually, the body style grew on me.

90K and still chirp'n into 3rd
By WePlayCrazy on 08/12/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I rock dark tints all around, even the windshield has a light tint, the car's white and I keep it clean. It looks like a Camry, it is what it is. I bought it because it has the best resale value and is dependable, what else do you buy a Camry for? You want to be bad, buy a Ducati.

2003 Toyota
By A on 04/24/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle has been extremely reliable, at 107,000 runs stronger than when new, only maintenance other than fluid changes, have to install front brakes at 80,000 miles. Very, very reliable especially considering it has been driven by two adults and two youth operators.

380k and Still going
By M.k. on 03/28/09 23:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Camry new in 12/02. I commute to work about 120 miles everyday, and this car has served me well for 380,000 miles. I change the oil every 3,000 miles. I've changed with suspension 3 times, brakes have been done 3 times. Apart from routine maintenance, the only problem this car has given me, was the A/C compressor went out at 210k. Not a big deal considering when it was replaced. I treat this car well, and it returns the favor. You can't get any better than that.

Almost Six Years Old - Never a Problem
By scott on 12/01/08 16:41 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After almost 6 years and 90k, this car just keeps going without a single problem. I just get scheduled oil changes and tuneups every 30k miles. Other than new tires around 65k miles, that's been it so far. I bought it for Toyota's reliability and my expectations have been exceeded. I love that it runs on regular gas and gets gas mileage (over 30 mpg at highway speeds). The large trunk and roomy back seats come in handy. I don't know if I'll keep this car for 211k miles like another reviewer, but I am looking forward to another 6 years.

beautiful car but...
By L on 09/10/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Camry since August 2003, beautiful car, smooth ride, but the air conditioning had a leak inside the car 1 1/2 yrs. in and flooded the carpets, Toyota replaced the part but did nothing to repair the wet/ moldy smelling rugs. I had to pay a detailing company to clean and restore the interior of my car. The bottom of the car scrapes speed bumps at under 5 mph, and low driveways. Even with brand new tires it does very poorly in the snow, slides all over the road at very low speeds, cannot even back up off my flat driveway in a 1/2 inch of snow. Very scary to drive in winter weather.

No problems yet
By Jon Allison on 08/17/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased used with 25,000 miles and now have 166,000 miles on the car. I routinely get 31-33 mpg traveling at 70-75 mph. I change oil every 4K miles and at 100k had spark plugs, belts and trans fluid changed. At 135K replaced front brake pads and rotors. Only non maintenance issue was at 150k when the air conditioning would not work. The a/c button would flash on and off and the compressor clutch would not engage. I looked at some online posts and found that thea particular AC relay part number had been causing problems and had been replaced. For $55 I plugged in a new relay and AC has worked fine since. Car is still tight and rattle free, love the JBL stereo and huge trunk.

Good Car, Great Value
By MD Customer on 08/09/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. It is very reliable and has low cost maintenance. Great for a family or a single person. I purchased my car used and it was the best car purchase. I sold it at 93,000 miles but it is still a great car with a lot of life left. I also learned the resale value is great which was another bonus.

Best car ever
By kennycrowshaw on 06/29/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After being a GM man I made the jump to Toyota. Best decision I've ever made with cars. This car is comfortable, quiet and best of all great fuel economy on the highway. Last week my wife was rear-ended by a Chev half ton as she was stopped to turn left. He hit her traveling over 30mph - the half ton has been written off and the Camry is repairable. Best of all my wife came out of it with just a little bit of a stiff neck. Also it is very predictable in rain and snow. To sum up this is a safe, reliable and not bad styled car I highly recommend.

03 Camry LE Review
By g on 10/03/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 5 years and have put over 100,000 miles on it. Comfortable riding car but with a fairly generic feeling interior. Okay stereo. Not a good handling car, tends to float over the road providing a fairly vague feel. Taking my eyes off of the road to adjust the radio can result in drifting into other lane, even if just for a second; no feel of the road here. Reliability is not what I would have expected. Did sunroof cables and intake manifold at 70k ($1500). At 107k miles, now needs a new steering rack. Nice car for trips, but disappointing otherwise.