Used 2003 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Comfortably Reliable
By ray44512

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I inherited this car a few months back, literally owned by a little old man. Four cylinder is sluggish from the start, but comes alive once it is rolling. Transmission seems well suited to make the most of 2.4 liters. Body style and interior are plain but functional. Actually, the body style grew on me.

Quiet ride, even at high highway speeds. This may be partly due to the tires, Goodyear Assurance. These tires never squeal, even when pushed hard in exit ramps. Stereo has plenty of punch for me. The car just has a proper solid feel.

Perhaps moving up to a 16 or 17 inch rim with a lower profile tire would further help handling, but I believe the models with alloy wheels take care of that.

90K and still chirp'n into 3rd
By WePlayCrazy

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I rock dark tints all around, even the windshield has a light tint, the car's white and I keep it clean. It looks like a Camry, it is what it is. I bought it because it has the best resale value and is dependable, what else do you buy a Camry for? You want to be bad, buy a Ducati.

I love the light steering!!

I have no complaints other than the alignment goes bad quickly, and the shocks are a little floaty at speed.

2003 Toyota
By A

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle has been extremely reliable, at 107,000 runs stronger than when new, only maintenance other than fluid changes, have to install front brakes at 80,000 miles. Very, very reliable especially considering it has been driven by two adults and two youth operators.

Trunk is huge, great fuel mileage, reliability, good interior space, JBL sound system.

Improve suspension for better tire ware, install better quality tires as o.e., put more emphasis on changing cabin filter.

380k and Still going
By M.k.

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Camry new in 12/02. I commute to work about 120 miles everyday, and this car has served me well for 380,000 miles. I change the oil every 3,000 miles. I've changed with suspension 3 times, brakes have been done 3 times. Apart from routine maintenance, the only problem this car has given me, was the A/C compressor went out at 210k. Not a big deal considering when it was replaced. I treat this car well, and it returns the favor. You can't get any better than that.

Comfort, reliability, smooth transmission

Improve stopping distance of brakes, steering is a bit light.

Almost Six Years Old - Never a Problem
By scott

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After almost 6 years and 90k, this car just keeps going without a single problem. I just get scheduled oil changes and tuneups every 30k miles. Other than new tires around 65k miles, that's been it so far. I bought it for Toyota's reliability and my expectations have been exceeded. I love that it runs on regular gas and gets gas mileage (over 30 mpg at highway speeds). The large trunk and roomy back seats come in handy. I don't know if I'll keep this car for 211k miles like another reviewer, but I am looking forward to another 6 years.

Great driving car.

I might spend the money on leather if I knew I was going to keep the car this long.