2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Can't stop this Camry.
By Rhymin Hieman on 04/19/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used when it had 94,000 miles on it. It now has 164,000. It is the first Toyota I have owned and I would buy another one again without a second thought. I add between 600 and 700 more miles to the odometer every week and haven't done anything other than regular maintenance; fluid changes, brakes, shocks and tires. It is a 5 speed, so it maybe feels a little sportier than your grandpa's Camry might. It is not the sports car my ego desires, but my practical side relishes it's reliability and economy. Who could ask for anything more? Oh what a feeling!

Love My 2003 Camry SE
By Love my Camry on 02/10/09 22:47 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car from 2003 until 2009. I have put about 80000 miles on the car. It is fun to drive and can boogey after an initial realization pause. The only complaint I have is that the tires and suspension are a bit of a worry because it causes the steering column to shake if tires aren't perfectly inflated and the weight on the axles isn't great; it'll cause you to almost wreck. The car also has a very loose suspension, causing it to "scratch." Most of the time I felt very safe in my Camry... when it was being stubborn, possibly due to a bad mechanic at the dealership.

2003 Camry SE
By mac0s9user on 07/25/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a Toyota mechanic and this is the car I trained on . I saw how well it was built and all the redundant systems and had to buy one. Got mine last year and at 80,000 now am having no problems. Brakes are getting due but for me thats only like $200. Best value for the money. I am adding different aftermarket headlights for originality but other than that it's perfect!

Best Buy for the Money
By ehw on 08/04/06 21:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I own the 03 Camry SE. It has been an excellent car in all regards. Over the past 25 years, I have owned at least 8 new toyotas, so I am inclined to favor these autos. I find plenty of power in the 4cyl. If you want to improve your handling on the SE put a set of 17" rims matched with medium to low profile high performance tires and buckle up. I felt a substantial improvement over the stock tire/rim combo. The car felt like it could turn square corners and remain flat in curves even at speeds in excess of recommended limits.

First Toyota
By PhilTitan on 07/04/05 18:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first Toyota after a number of substandard American manufactured cars. I've been converted. This car has performed spectacularly for over 2 years of driving. It has retained its value better than any other car I've owned. And its gotten better mileage than even the advertised sticker mileage, even using regular gasoline. I will always look to buy Toyota first from now on.

Love our Camry
By Bigg E on 02/24/05 00:38 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I love our car. It gets great gas mileage, rides smooth and has just the right amount of power. We both like the sporty look. We would never have bought any of the other bland looking Camry models. I'm a big guy and I am very comfortable driving this car. We have not had one problem with our car. Would definitely recommend.

Great Car
By Marty on 12/14/04 16:25 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

At first I must admit that i wasn't too fond of this car since it was more popular to have a small sport compact cars. But i am glad that i did stick with the Camry. The cabin space is unbelievable and the trunk space is great! I love the handling and braking.

Solid performance with room
By kbocke on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota dependability and comfortable roominess. Replacement Camary with a sportier look and feel. Handles great and looks great. At first glance most people think its a Lexus.

2003 Camry SE
By dobelvr on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A great looking car, but three problems: There is a "thumping" sound in the rear suspension over tiny bumps in the road which is very annoying. The dealer says this is normal for the SE. I must drive quite a distance (over 2 miles) before the transmission will shift into overdrive in extreme cold condtions.The starter makes a "zipping" sound when starting in extreme cold conditions.

I'll never buy another one
By Cometstorm on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car has a significant veer/drift to the left at highway speeds. I have found that this is a very common complaint among many 2002 and newer Camry/Solara owners. I have to continually "force" the car to keep it in a straight line. On left hand highway curves, I don't even have to steer... I can just let go of the steering wheel. Numerous dealerships attempts to correct the problem have failed. I also see that there have been many complaints filed with the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration on this issue (along with my own)... Many of us can only pray for a recall....