Used 2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 380 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best Car Ever!
By Niki

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have absolutely no complaints about this car. This was the family car, until my oldest child was old enough to drive to school. That's when I handed it down to him. It's now on it's second teen driver, and still going strong. In October, it'll be handed down to the 3rd. We were rear ended two years ago HARD in the rain, and the car did exactly what the crash tests tell you it's gonna do - protect the passengers. Over 220,000 miles, and all we've really done (besides wreck repair) is put tires on it, replace a bulb every now and then, changed the oil until this week, when we needed to replace the valve cover gasket... at 220,000+ miles. I don't think that's a bad deal at all! Leg room is awesome... we've driven it on several long road trips with my son, who is well over 6' tall and an additional three 5.5'-ish tall passengers plus our luggage with no problem. The trunk is a cavernous space, much bigger than you might expect. We get a couple of snow storms a year here, and this is our go-to car when we have to leave the house. The car handles great in the snow with no extra equipment/chains required. The stereo system is awesome, and we don't have anything special in there. If I had to pick a car for a family, or a first time driver, I'd pick this one again every time.

Couldn't ask for more, especially at 215k miles
By Chris

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Camry in December of 2014 with 193k miles on it for only $3,000 and 22k miles later all she had needed have been new tires, wiper blades and regular oil changes. This car was a well taken care of 1 owner car before me so I was lucky. She cranks without hesitation every day even in sub- zero winter temps in Michigan and has yet to leave me stranded. The acceleration is still there, handling solid and noises I'm sure are comparable to the day it was driven off the lot. The SE model doesn't look as dated as most 13 year old cars and the body has aged well with one minor rust spot the size of a nickle I fixed myself. The funny thing is every time I see another car I consider buying I drive it and read the reviews to find myself loving my Camry more. So here's to another year together, I would recommend this car to anyone and let my daughter drive it if she wasn't 3. Proud to be a Toyota family as we own a 2011 Sienna as well.

My car, totaled, but I walked away
By Charles Finley

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First, the Camry is very comfortable and very reliable. Other than the regular maintenance, I have never had to have anything fixed. I was just in a major car accident, the Camry saved my life! A minivan pulled out in front of me, I didn't even have time to go for the brakes. BAHM! 60 mph! The car did exactly what it was built to do, all of the airbags deployed, The engine compartment collapsed and the engine dropped down. The passenger compartment was undamaged. I walked away with only a small cut on my finger and some heavy bruises from the seatbelt! The Camry is totaled, but I'm okay!

Toyotas win my vote all day long.
By colin

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Hi I have owned volvos s80s 2001 2000.I have owned many cars in my time sedans and sports cars .my experience with Toyota cars are the best .from Hondas expensive to fix.expensive to buy .volvos poor reliability.Mercedes way overated.Pontiac clumsy and poor feel to the roads .uninvolving.to BMW very old fashion and drive heavy and noisy.lousy gas consumption to hugely expensive repair .rear shocks on a Mercedes 500 2003 sedan 600each example .Volkswagen very noisy and overheating pure build quality.step below the Mercedes Nissan very cheaply made and overrated .my 350z had more rattles in it than a rattlesnake.it never idled correctly.Subaru sti had worst high speed feel to it felt. Unsafe n brakes were horrible.Subaru's feel like tin cans .mazdas worst of al cars .if any makes match longivity of a Toyota car is a Chevy .ford .but fix it again tomorrow..Camry v6 excellent car even at 176k miles .gets fab gas mileage 30mpg for a big car b v6 power.not very fast but acceptable.roomy.very clear instrument panels.I hav a 2003 Camry v6 black..paint still shines .cheap repairs .easy fix maintenance.one exception the timing belt and water pump every 90k.miles .Toyota are your best bet. Resale value .longivity.easy drive .comfortable seating roomy.Avalon Camry corolla your best buys .celicas mr 2.supra risky buys with head gasket problems and faulty instruments.Toyota make best cars but not sporty not fast not stylish can be boring to drive .but it beats a car in the shop all the time a car falling apart but looks good. A car that costs you an arm and leg to keep.a car that's super fast but the gas station is your daily stop with 93octane .iv had all the cars .Toyota's win my vote ..

310K and still going!!!!
By Sylvia

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My car is on its last limb!! But...As long as you have the required maintenance performed on this car it will definitely give you your money's worth!!

My only dislike is the interior door handles. The material peeled off!! But other than that I love this car!!