2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great Car
By lennylg on 03/06/14 20:56 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2003 Camry that my mother bought brand new. I'm upset, I totalled the car on ice. It had 95,000 miles on it. I got it with 30,000 miles on it. I never fixed a thing. I so hoped to take it to 200,000 miles.

Owned since brand new in 2003
By bagui1984 on 01/28/14 22:26 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since 2003 when it was bought brand new. I am 29 now and the car now has a bit over 126,000 miles. I have not experienced the dreaded stripping head bolts yet, and hope I never have to experience it. Ideally, I would love to use this car until 300,000 miles. I bought the car because of Toyota's reputation on reliability. I have added lots of mods on this LE, Homelink, HID projector headlamps from a Lexus, Wood grain, Fog Lights from the XLE model, TRD rear sway bar, just to make this car a bit fun to drive. I love it thus far, no real problems yet and hopefully forever.

dont buy this car get a 2004 and up
By jlevitan on 03/20/13 10:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought the car from a dealer. car needed the starter and fan system replaced 2 days after. car runs really hot. oil is seeping out of the engine. car has 103,000 miles on it for a Toyota this shouldn't be much. there is a known issue with camrys from 2002-2006 with the headbolts stripping off the engine block causing the engine to overheat and then blow at any givin time.and there is no support from toyota they could car less selling the car on name alone instead of quality. if i could go back in time i would tell the dealer to keep it and got into something else. purchased it for Toyota name and quality and got the worst car experience ive ever havve to deal with do not buy this car

2003 Toyota Camry
By buckeye30 on 01/19/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My car just surpassed 150,000 miles today. It has been an extremely dependable, reliable, inexpensive maintenance, and overall a great car for its value. Just do the regular maintenance and Toyota never disappoints you. I commute nearly 100 miles a day, but even though my car is nearly 11 years old, it gives me full confidence to start my day. Power is decent although there is a power lag, but you can't expect more since it is not meant to be a sporty car.

Great Camry
By chunt5 on 08/26/12 09:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Camry, that we purchased new, has been a great car. It only has 20,000 miles on it but we have not had a single issue with it. It still drives and handles like brand new. I replaced the tires just because they were 9 years old. The only other part that we replaced is the battery in 2008. I like the Camry so much that I just purchased a new Toyota Tacoma.

Extremely disappointed - engine problems
By dat22 on 02/08/12 15:32 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 2003 toyota camry 16 months ago and have repeat problems with the engine/head bolts stripping out of the engine block. This is a know issue related to NHTSA Item Number : 10037592, Summary : TOYOTA: THERE MAY BE DAMAGED CYLINDER HEAD BOLTS THREADS. *RM, and specifically with engine 2AZ-FE. Dialership and Toyota executive level have not done anything to help. I will not buy another toyota.

Camry beats all others
By 4camryowner on 12/19/11 09:26 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

No my Camry is not exciting to drive or very fast. It is however VERY reliable. I have owned 4 Camrys and am able to put 200,000 on each one with no major problems. My present Camry I bought used with 80,000 miles I now have 203,000 miles and only replaced the gas cap!!! Do not be tempted to the dark side (Ford, Dodge or Chevy) Toyota has best build quality. The 2003 model gets an honest 33 miles per gallon. Mixed driving (500 miles to a tank).

Fun to drive
By lisaw243 on 06/04/11 17:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought with 100,000 miles, very clean car, few months later front rotors went bad, was told this was last time they could be turned, few months later, a top motor mount, now the transmossion mount, $ 114 just for the part , backs struts are having thumping noise issues going over bumps very slowly, rack and pinion boot is shredded for some reason, headliner is starting to come loose in the back, the car has been well taken care of before and during the year and half I have owned it. Interior is great, fantastic console, very comfortable, mine has 8 airbags, so i have the extra safety feeling on the road, not sure if i should keep fixing things or trade it off? fun to drive, great on gas

This car saved my life. Highly recommend!!
By raro on 01/13/11 22:05 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was recently in an accident on the hwy where I hit another car broadside. This car did everything it was designed to do. It crumpled in the front end, the hood buckled up and the engine did not come in on me. All four doors opened (I wish I could show you pictures), and let both my passenger and I out. I could kiss the man who sold me this car! I owned this car for three wonderful years and did ZERO REPAIRS. It had 150k and drove like it was new. Quiet, smooth, strong, reliable and SAFE!! Buy this car with confidence.

One of my best cars ever!
By buffgirl23 on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Camry new which replaced my 1989 Camry. Reliable? You bet! Only routine maintenance performed (oil change, new tires, etc.) Still runs like a dream; smooth acceleration, quick pick-up. I intend on running this vehicle into the ground!