Used 2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
dont buy this car get a 2004 and up
By jlevitan

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought the car from a dealer. car needed the starter and fan system replaced 2 days after. car runs really hot. oil is seeping out of the engine. car has 103,000 miles on it for a Toyota this shouldn't be much. there is a known issue with camrys from 2002-2006 with the headbolts stripping off the engine block causing the engine to overheat and then blow at any givin time.and there is no support from toyota they could car less selling the car on name alone instead of quality. if i could go back in time i would tell the dealer to keep it and got into something else. purchased it for Toyota name and quality and got the worst car experience ive ever havve to deal with do not buy this car

Really Disgusted
By Paul

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2003 Camry is my third Toyota and my last. At 55K miles, I had to replace the steering column($400+) and now at 60K, I have a slow leak in the steering seals and that requires the entire steering rack to be replaced for $1300+. Everyone says how great Toyotas are...not any more. This recent recall will send customers running away from the brand. I am done with Toyota...back to domestics!

Camry beats all others
By 4camryowner

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

No my Camry is not exciting to drive or very fast. It is however VERY reliable. I have owned 4 Camrys and am able to put 200,000 on each one with no major problems. My present Camry I bought used with 80,000 miles I now have 203,000 miles and only replaced the gas cap!!! Do not be tempted to the dark side (Ford, Dodge or Chevy) Toyota has best build quality. The 2003 model gets an honest 33 miles per gallon. Mixed driving (500 miles to a tank).

Favorite Features

Interior is best out of my 3 other Camrys Gas mileage is awesome for this size car Low end torque is very good for a 4 cyl car

Suggested Improvements

None

Great Car
By lennylg

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2003 Camry that my mother bought brand new. I'm upset, I totalled the car on ice. It had 95,000 miles on it. I got it with 30,000 miles on it. I never fixed a thing. I so hoped to take it to 200,000 miles.

2003 Toyota Camry
By buckeye30

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My car just surpassed 150,000 miles today. It has been an extremely dependable, reliable, inexpensive maintenance, and overall a great car for its value. Just do the regular maintenance and Toyota never disappoints you. I commute nearly 100 miles a day, but even though my car is nearly 11 years old, it gives me full confidence to start my day. Power is decent although there is a power lag, but you can't expect more since it is not meant to be a sporty car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, inexpensive maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Boring drive, lazy transmission