Used 2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My car, totaled, but I walked away
By Charles Finley

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First, the Camry is very comfortable and very reliable. Other than the regular maintenance, I have never had to have anything fixed. I was just in a major car accident, the Camry saved my life! A minivan pulled out in front of me, I didn't even have time to go for the brakes. BAHM! 60 mph! The car did exactly what it was built to do, all of the airbags deployed, The engine compartment collapsed and the engine dropped down. The passenger compartment was undamaged. I walked away with only a small cut on my finger and some heavy bruises from the seatbelt! The Camry is totaled, but I'm okay!

Toyotas win my vote all day long.
By colin

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Hi I have owned volvos s80s 2001 2000.I have owned many cars in my time sedans and sports cars .my experience with Toyota cars are the best .from Hondas expensive to fix.expensive to buy .volvos poor reliability.Mercedes way overated.Pontiac clumsy and poor feel to the roads .uninvolving.to BMW very old fashion and drive heavy and noisy.lousy gas consumption to hugely expensive repair .rear shocks on a Mercedes 500 2003 sedan 600each example .Volkswagen very noisy and overheating pure build quality.step below the Mercedes Nissan very cheaply made and overrated .my 350z had more rattles in it than a rattlesnake.it never idled correctly.Subaru sti had worst high speed feel to it felt. Unsafe n brakes were horrible.Subaru's feel like tin cans .mazdas worst of al cars .if any makes match longivity of a Toyota car is a Chevy .ford .but fix it again tomorrow..Camry v6 excellent car even at 176k miles .gets fab gas mileage 30mpg for a big car b v6 power.not very fast but acceptable.roomy.very clear instrument panels.I hav a 2003 Camry v6 black..paint still shines .cheap repairs .easy fix maintenance.one exception the timing belt and water pump every 90k.miles .Toyota are your best bet. Resale value .longivity.easy drive .comfortable seating roomy.Avalon Camry corolla your best buys .celicas mr 2.supra risky buys with head gasket problems and faulty instruments.Toyota make best cars but not sporty not fast not stylish can be boring to drive .but it beats a car in the shop all the time a car falling apart but looks good. A car that costs you an arm and leg to keep.a car that's super fast but the gas station is your daily stop with 93octane .iv had all the cars .Toyota's win my vote ..

310K and still going!!!!
By Sylvia

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My car is on its last limb!! But...As long as you have the required maintenance performed on this car it will definitely give you your money's worth!! My only dislike is the interior door handles. The material peeled off!! But other than that I love this car!!

Great while it lasted, beware of known issue
By shadsie

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car while it was running. It handled well, it was a smooth and comfortable ride, it was easy to maintain. It was wonderful. *However*, I knew when I bought this car that it had known issues with stripping head bolts. I wish I had walked away. The car lasted 180k miles before the head bolts ended up stripping and the head gasket blew. Now that those issues have been fixed, it has a massive oil leak that hasn't been found yet. It's been a nightmare. I don't know if the stripping is inevitable or not, but I've heard of enough incidents of this to strongly recommend you look at a 2007 or newer model instead of this one. Buy at your own risk!

Great handling, very smooth ride, very comfortable, easy maintenance

Please please please fix the head bolts!

Great Car
By lennylg

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2003 Camry that my mother bought brand new. I'm upset, I totalled the car on ice. It had 95,000 miles on it. I got it with 30,000 miles on it. I never fixed a thing. I so hoped to take it to 200,000 miles.

• SUV