2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Vanilla is Good
By mohusker on 03/21/06 13:41 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

"Bland, vanilla, appliance"...yup, and just the way we like it. The Camry LE provides excellent value, dependability, fit & finish and quality of soft-touch materials. It is quiet and roomy while delivering 500 miles per tankful. The highway ride is composed with an honest 32 highway miles per gallon from the responsive and sophisticated four- banger. Mid-level LE includes power driver's chair and outside temperature display. My only gripe is a recent dash rattle.

Good Reliable Car
By ilovemycar on 03/18/06 22:12 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very reliable and has great gas mileage. My average has been close to 28-30 miles and on long road trips about 31-32. Its not the most exciting to drive but it is reliable and very low maintenance.

Camry is OK for the price
By Camry02 on 02/03/06 15:36 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned 02 Camry since new - few problems prior to warranty expiration. Since warranty has expired, the seat belt doesn't retract properly and the driver door will not always unlock to get out! Have had 2 prior Camrys. Though mechanically dependable, I don't think the quality is what it used to be in the early 90's.

Love my Camry
By shelly on 01/31/06 23:53 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my 2002 Camry SE. I purchased it new, and the styling still looks fresh. I have had absolutely zero problems with this car. It is still perfect and drives like new. Although it only has a 4 cyl engine, the pick up is excellent. Friends have commented that it feels like a V6 in power. This is the longest that I've ever kept a car! (almost 5 years)

Might last long but not a good car
By Bruinmaster on 01/23/06 02:22 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because it had been the best selling car for many years. But I don't see why it is so now. When I first bought it, the engine sound was very quiet but now after 3 years, it makes loud noise. Also, I am very dissatisfied with their warranty. 3 years or 30000 mileage whichever is sooner, u can assume it basically has no warranty. Also, the bottom of front bumper gets taken off so easily, I take it to mechanic every month. Above all, it has a very low MPG.

One hell of a good purchase
By J. Rogg on 01/08/06 17:58 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the vehicle on a friends advice and love it. It rides nice, drives nice, and gets some awesome gas mileage. There is not much to really say except that it's a typical Toyota, reliable,economical, and practical. The 2litre engine is excellent and peppy for a vehicle this size but the brakes are a little spongy. I tend to have a lead foot and this vehicle responds so well to the abuse I put it through that I will definetly buy another Toyota for my next car which will probably be in three years. It is an excellent vehicle and is everything I need and then some from a vehicle.

Soft Brakes, Wears Tires, Bad Service
By ex-camry lover on 01/08/06 02:20 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Brakes are way soft, dealer can't seem to fix them. ABS engages so often on wet pavement when it shouldn't, feels unsafe to drive when ABS engages at inappropriate times. Seat can't be adjusted to feel comfortable. Suspension is so soft. At 53K drives like it has 100K. Dealerships in IL and TX have not been helpful with problems, they act like I am crazy, but now I am reading and many people have had the same problems. I am trading it in ASAP, even though it may be a loss, b/c I am worried about what might break next. Toyota should be ashamed of this vehicle, I had a '93 camry I loved so I bought this one, I should have paid less and bought something else. I will never buy toyota again!!

Camry
By Al on 01/04/06 22:18 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd Toyota and this one will be the last one. We are very disappointed about the Toyota company. This car run well and smooth, but I think that the quality reputation of Toyota is over evaluated (specialy for the price of the supposed quality). After 58000Km the left rear brake pads were fully used but the right ones were half used (normal!? according the dealer, went elsewere for the repair of course) One security problem is the liquid washer nozzles are not adjustables and spray the liquid only at the bottom of the windshield, and specialy during the winter time that is very dangerous when you can't see in front of you (dealer replace them, no improvement) Motor oil consuption

2002 ToyCam SE V6
By G MAN on 12/14/05 04:17 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE IT! Great vehicle overall. Great fuel economy, power, luxury, reliability, and a pleasure to drive.

Never Thought I'd Own One
By joe belvedere on 12/06/05 13:45 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say? This is one solid automobile. The words refined, substantial and solid come to mind. It rides better than any car I've owned (over 20), and so far, overall mileage has been around 20 mpg (mostly NYC driving). Got it with 19,700 miles on it and it's like new. The engine is extremely quiet and responsive. Interior is well thought out, with many storage areas. Even the stereo (JBL upgrade) is a killer. May it last forever!