Used 2002 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

MY 2002 CAMRY
By william goldman

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When my Corolla was starting to get too small for me, I decided to get something larger. I purchased and extended warrantee, and have yet to use it. This vehicle made it through two years if freezing Toledo, Ohio without a single problem. I just turned 54,500 miles, and the car drives like new. This will most certainly be my last vehicle. With this low mileage, the car will outlast me.

I like everything about this car. It is roomy, comfortable, roadworthy, dependable, and on the highway, driving 70 miles per hour or more, I get 30-32 miles per gallon.

None. This is my dream car

Above average
By none

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is sporty looking,but overall its a nice car. Great mileage and i enjoy the motor. So far i had o get a new motor costing around 1800.00 . Hate the breaks and hate the plastic on the front. Love the car tough

Great average car and great for hanging out with friends and going around the city.

Brakes are terrible! The reach for the radio is bad, motor has problem in the cold weather and parts are expensive

Nothing but trouble
By Vic

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new in 2002. Has about 103000 miles now. Worst car I have ever owned. Had to have rotors replaced under warranty because of warping and have had them turned several times also. Have already gone through three batteries in less than seven years. The car recently started to run rough at around 40 mph. Dealers initial diagnosis was there is no code so no problem. Second visit for same problem and the diagnosis was a bent right front axle. On the third visit for the same problem the diagnosis is now the transmission O/D. To top it all off the radio is junk, and when you unlock the doors with the keyfob they stay unlocked for about 15 seconds and lock back up.

None!!!!

Buy anything but a Toyota

Best car of the 7 we've owned
By Nancy

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this new, and after 7 years, I have had only one repair, other than routine maintenance. The breaks needed to be replaced after 85,000. The car is extremely quiet, which I really like. It now has 93000 miles, and I expect to have it another 7 years!

The seats need to be deeper.

Good midsize with lots of annoyances
By Jabberwocky

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Runs good most of the time (hard to start in the winter). Powerful and smooth engine. Gets around 30 mpg. Smooth, quiet ride with roomy and comfortable interior. Now the bad... Interior is very cheap; it's just about falling apart. Engine does not want to start in cold weather. Car is too low. It bottoms out on everything! Hard to get parts for. Toyota charges an arm and a leg for the parts they do have. No ABS with brakes that tend to lock up all the time. Transmission likes to downshift when slowing down on a downhill. If it does that in the rain or snow your tires will lose traction! I've had too many close calls with lost traction in this car.

Roomy interior, quiet ride, good gas mileage, powerful engine.

Toyota now offers ABS standard on these (very smart move). Make parts more readily available for a car this popular. Make the interior more durable than an '85 Ford Escort's (my parents had one... sadly my Camry reminds me of it). Engine needs to be better for cold weather.

• SUV