Used 2002 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Trouble with Toyota
By Hank Q

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This Toyota has given me the most problems of any Toyota I've ever owned. I've owned more than six Toyota products, including a Lexus ES300. The car has 112000 miles and I've had to replace the catalytic converter, two engine mounts, and now the transmission may have to be replaced because the gears are rotten. That's only the most recent issues that come to mind. Other Toyotas have had more than 220000 miles with only normal maintenance costs. What happened?

Comfortable ride, good solid fit of doors, etc., size of car, roomy trunk, was reliable until the catalytic converter problem about a year ago.

What happened to the reliability? Transmission should not give out at 112000 miles.

Great car
By Eric

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought the car I wasn't too pleased with the styling. I wanted something sportier and faster but this was in my price range. Once I started driving it I fell in love with the car, it has quick get up with the vvti engine while also getting 30+ gas millage, everyone else who started driving my car really started liking it to. It was very reliable except near the end before I got in a car wreck my transmission was starting to skip a lot around 120k thousand miles, people look at me crazy when I say that about the Camry but looks like there's been more than just me with this problem so be careful with that I guess with this year. Other than that great car.

Comfort, gas mileage, get up, sound system was my absolute favorite the stock is better than the upgraded jbl and kills my maxima's bose.

None except better transmission.

Dependable car
By carmom22

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is one of the best cars we have ever owned. LOVE the V6 interior very roomy. Like the seat control on drivers side. It allows my husband (who is 6 foot 5) fit in the car.

Big trunk, good cup holders in the back compared to my VW (my kids can actually put their water bottles in the things). Few repairs other than maintenance. Quiet ride.

Stop using gray for the interior color. Make the door open/seat belt tone a little less annoying!!!! BRING BACK THE WAGON STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great car
By SpazzE1

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All and all, this is an excellent car. I get between 27 and 32 mpg with mine, it has a smooth ride, good pickup, great sound system and is extremely reliable. I already have over 150K on it and literally only put about $150 per year into repairs. This has got to be one of the best vehicles I have ever had. Very economical, attractive and comfortable. Love it!

very comfortable for long drives

it sounds like a tin can, insulation is very poor

A lot of Miles, still strong
By Tony

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, I have over 256,000 miles on it and have had only one major problem to date, with a sensor. I now have a problem passing my states emissions bull, but other than that, its great. Sure, it's not a burner with the 4 cylinder engine, but I'm not expecting that. I'm most concerned about staying out of the garage, and I have. I put 40+ per year on a car, and I would greatly recommend this one.

Reliability!!