2002 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 6

2002 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Unhappy
By Depressed on 03/22/07 14:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 11000 miles on it and now has 81000 miles. It's now starting to give us trouble. The catalytic converter went out at 81000. The transmission failed at 81200. What next? Not the best car I've ever owned.

2002 Camry XLE
By Dave Bemis on 02/28/07 09:35 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent ride; 23 MPG consistently; very reliable; no repairs or issues over 6 years; 120k miles with the expectation that my kids can get another 100k.

What's all the fuss about?
By kaosbig on 02/24/07 17:53 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't get it. What makes this car so great? It is slower than anticipated, not great to look at, and the famed quality? Had the car back 3 times to get the moonroof fixed. Fit and finish? There is a gap inside the car, where the drivers side a-pillar meets the roof header that I could lose a ball point pen in. Reading the clock? Try doing it on a sunny day... I dare you.

Luv It
By Cornhusker on 01/20/07 09:59 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it new. Used for lots of middle distance driving (100-200 miles). Best car I've seen when considering comfort, mileage, and overall driving experience.

One fine car
By danrieke on 01/12/07 16:05 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got almost 92,000 miles on my 2002 Camry LE. I purchased it used with around 38,000 miles. This was a good decision! I like the crisp power in entering traffic and passing on the freeway. Fuel economy is very good. I get about 31 mpg when pushing 80 on the freeways. It doesn't move around much on windy days. Brakes feel a bit spongy compared to some cars but the vehicle stops very well and with the anti-lock brakes I can get on it hard and it stops true! I change oils (transmission oil, too) and filters. If you want to keep a strong flow from the fan (heating or cooling), it helps to change the filter directly in back of the glove box. Will this car go 250,000 miles? I may find out!

My Camry SE
By tatsuhime on 10/26/06 12:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car's great. Never had any problem with any of my Toyotas. Step down from my 4-Runner, but it's fun to drive. Great pick-up on freeway.

2002 Toyota Camry LE
By Lizard on 10/16/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 1st import in 20 years. Why buy a Lexus? Great balance of comfort/power/economy. We drove 6600km to east coast of Canada in July. 32 (ave.) mpg imperial @ 70 mph. Engine is too quiet at idle; wife didn't check tachometer & tried to start the already running engine.

Pretty Good Car
By N Myrmel on 10/11/06 08:13 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the external appearence, but the cost to fix is very pricey. I put lots of miles on in a year and after hitting 90k a coil went bad causing a O^2 sensor and catalytic converter went bad. The camry has two O^2 sensors, one costs $160-180 but the other costs $360!!! In all it cost me $1200 to get it back on the road. The steering has always squeaked for me at low speeds (generally during parking) but other than that it has been a great car. I now have 135k on it and the above issue is the only one I have had. I replaced my brake pads at 115k and they were very easy to do. Oil filter is a little hard to get to, but all in all things are easily accessable.

Like the car
By Happy owner on 09/10/06 09:58 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car very much. Review needs 15 words but my first 6 say it all.

camry
By sc on 09/07/06 20:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Too often i had to pay out of my pocket for work that i'm not responble for when I know that i bought a plan. and is still covered dealer warranty and manufacture warranty.