Used 2002 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 338 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Toyota Camry - Made in Georgetown, KY
By Central Florida Man

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

"Salsa Red Pearl" 2002 Camry LE, 2.4L, first year that it came with a timing chain, not a timing belt) and automatic transmission. I'm 6'1'' and fit comfortably. In daily commute driving, I average 28.5 mpg combined hwy/city on 87 octane gas (Melbourne, FL), and recently got 36 mpg Hwy between Warner Robbins GA and Melbourne FL (I strictly observe the 70 MPH speed limit). Some Camry years are known for leaking valve guide seals at about 70K miles - this one is no exception. Valvoline's high mileage oil has virtually eliminated this after about 4,000 miles use though. Lastly, this is one of the easiest cars to drive that I have ever driven - steering & pedals require very little effort.

The powered seat; moves down to give me more head room, and back up and forward to give my 5'3'' daughter the ability to see and reach the pedals as she learns to drive. Also; dependability, efficiency, lots of room under the hood, excellent shifting characteristics, overall good looks.

Better quality valve guide seals, and more comfortable seats.

Take Notes GM
By Albolski

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 80k on it and I have 107k miles on it now after just over a year. Had no problems. Ive done only standard maintenance (oil change, tires, etc) and changed the front brake pads. It's my 2nd Toyota car after a long line of GM failure cars that I purchased. GM Take note, this is how you get customers, if you build a reliable vehicle, they will come. If you're looking for a fun car to drive you will not get it with this car. It has no bells and whistles. You get 100% reliability and that is it.

old reliable
By jl

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car on sale when the 2003 models came out. Repairs have been slighlty more than I expected but I think it is because the dealer has pumped up service sales. With 100,000 miles the car still handles very well and is very quiet. Brakes seem to wear out more quickly than my last Camry and the AC has broken down twice with leaks but otherwise a great car.

Heated leather seats and large trunk. Car is very quiet.

Seat belt retractors never seemd to have worked well after the warranty expired.

Great purchase
By bevydawn

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle brand new in 2002. It has been the best car. It currently has ~130,000 miles and I have had no major issues. We kept up on routine maintenance, replaced tires, and brakes and that's about it. It is so reliable, even in the snow. I've never seen a FWD vehicle do so good in bad weather. I feel like we have been extremely blessed to have such a good car. The radio in the SE is awesome and we have tons of room even with 3 kids, plus it looks great. My 10 year old tells me frequently how much she really likes my car...it will probably last 6 more yrs. so she can drive it! Hope she still likes it as well then!

Reliability, gas mileage (~30 miles), dependability

Take away the metal-like covering on the interior door handles. It peels off then looks terrible.

satisfied, but would consider others, too
By SS

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got what I expected, reliability. I do not think the brakes are as good as my 1992 Camry. Front seats are not deep enough. Head rests do not fit a short person! Some plastic interior pieces are cheap. I like not having to have headlights on.

Reliability.