2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Comfortable ride.
By Viv on 04/14/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 38000 miles. Engine light came on a few months after purchase. I ignored it. At 86000 miles I had the 02 sensor and catalytic converter fixed. Paid 1200.00 to get car fixed. Was not a happy camper. Since then, no other problems. I hope to drive it for at least 250000 miles.

6 yrs old and flawless
By Graco Guy on 04/07/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 2002 and it has been fine. Not a high performance vehicle with the 4cyl, but great road car and commuter. Have had not one single problem in 68,000 miles. Get about 32 mpg on the highway, and close to that on my commute mix. Very solid car, but not exciting to drive for me. I'm thinking Acura TSX or RL next time.

Dream Car
By Camry-lover on 03/29/08 22:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2002 Camry brand new. I have driven this car for the past 6 years. This car looks very beautiful and drives so smooth. The pickup is good for even a 4 cylinder engine. Riding in the back seat of this leather interior car, is like riding in the business class of an airplane - it is that spacious and comfortable. In these 6 years this car has never let me down even once. Everytime I start the engine, it started and every mile it was problem free. This car is 100% reliable. I have not spent even a single dollar on maintenance costs except the scheduled maintenance / oil changes. Overall, a great car.

95,000 Miles & Still Running
By 3camrys on 03/28/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've purchased all my Camrys used. This one was three years old when I purchased it with 34,000 miles. I'm almost at 95,000 miles and I've had no problems at all! Always go with the Certified Used Vehicles with a good warranty because you never know if the previous owner took good care of it or not. If you're looking for a reliable, comfortable, economic car, go for a Camry.

2002 Toyota Camry LE
By amarone1973 on 01/28/08 16:03 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned many cars at many price points (eg Chrys 300M, BMW 325I, Cadi STS, VW Passat) most brand new, this is by far the BEST value for your buck. I have owned this car from the start, no problems what so ever NONE. Original tires went 90KM, everything else is 100% original and have well over 150km (95Miles) and not a penny spent. Change my fluids, and treat the car normal. I expect well over 400KM like a friend has. I totally would re-buy again. See you in another 5-10 years Toyota!!

Love it!
By Tennessee Girl on 12/24/07 17:54 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I went from a Ford Expedition to my Camry because I couldn't afford the gas in the Ford anymore. (My gas mileage is wonderful, consistently around 33 mpg.) I have owned the car for 5 months and have only one complaint, the radio doesn't pick up most stations very well. Other than that I love my Camry! I definitely would recommend this car.

Toyota, not that great
By eR1c on 12/05/07 15:23 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our Toyota Camry SE (4cylinder) has 85,000 miles on it currently. Here's what I've had to replace over the past 5 years of ownership: 1) air conditioning condensation liquid leaked into interior cabin of car -about a 1/4 gallon of water leaked after each drive resulting in damaged carpets and sound deadening material. 2) Original tires wore out in 6,000 miles!!!! 3) Rear wheel bearings replaced 2x. 4) Reset engine light ($90) because gas cap was left off car one time after fill up.

2002 Toyota 2.4L Problem
By alan on 10/17/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car until 95k miles. Head gasket went. Serviced and determined aluminum block stripped head bolts. Had to rebuild engine or replace. Toyota is no longer reliable as they once were.

Camry is the car to choose
By Camry Fan on 06/07/07 21:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a Camry for 4 years and love it. It has an extremely comfortable and smooth ride. There is very little road noise. Reliability and resale are all above average. My husband's family have all enjoyed their Camrys so much that it is all they drive.

I've had enough
By RJ in A on 04/22/07 18:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Aside from a few expensive annoyances, the SE was fun to drive. Toyota makes a great family car with the sporty look, but it needed some tweaking. Based on prior Camry ownership, I'm disappointed in the '02 SE. Major repairs on this car were a bit more frequent than I expected from a Toyota. Maybe the new '07 comes with better results. I may give Toyota another try.