2002 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Almost Perfect
By Gymswim on 03/11/02 20:44 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new XLE with Navigation, but I wish it came with more current information in it's DVD. My version is 2001 Version 1...strange since I bought it in March 2002. The dealer says a new version of the DVD will cost $900. I hope they're wrong or that Toyota will offer it for free to us this year.

Toyota like a war tank.
By Toyotafan on 03/10/02 20:44 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

To SNP Camry..The vibration on your new car comes from the way the tires are mounted. As you may know, toyota does not install good tires on its cars. My suggestion, take your car to the nearest dealer and ask the technician to dismount the tires. By doing so, they will be able to match the two marks, inside the tire and the other being on the rim. In light of that, the technician should consider doing a dynamic balance on the wheels and should not experience any problems thereafter.

Toyota Camery SE V6
By Gort1 on 03/10/02 17:57 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good Looks,solid,roomy,quiet handles beautifully,powerful brakes. Get more stares than we thought possible, even from new Nissan Altima owners. We love this car, fun to drive.

Great Car
By jafirm on 03/10/02 14:33 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive; however, I had a rattle noise in the dash. After the second attempt by the dealer, they finally fixed it. It was a loose heat shield. It is now fixed. If this happens to you, ask the dealer about a Technical Service Bulletin from Toyota dated Jan. 18, 2002 to help solve the problem. Also, could use a little more thigh support in the front driver's seat; otherwise, a great vehicle!

Don't buy it
By Beachbum on 03/10/02 12:09 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It is extremely difficult to find a comfortable driving position. Blind spots are huge. You get neck strain trying to make sure there are no cars around you. Acceleration is slow and the wind plays with it like a kite. This is a car that is just no fun to drive. I feel very unsafe. It is very little car for much too much money. The controls are very difficult to get to. Don't buy it!!!!!!

Best Selling Car
By Chan on 03/10/02 11:38 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Quite Comfortable for a small family

Great Car
By billm on 03/08/02 11:39 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent car! I went from a Lexus GS300 to the 2002 SE. Absolutely perfoms as well (if not better) then the GS300. The SE is the best handling car I have ever owned! Also, I have owned a car from every major car company in the last 5 years and Toyota (and Lexus) customer service is far superior to all the rest!

buy one if you are not a racer
By ksalatov on 03/07/02 21:35 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recommend to buy one - but it is not very fun to drive. BUY ONE if you are not a racer.

Awesome Car!
By josh on 03/07/02 11:02 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Obviously the best in its class. It's the happiest I've ever been with a car purchase.

2ND CAMRY
By LIN on 03/06/02 14:35 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

THIS IS MY SECOND CAMRY-I LOVE MY CAR-THERE ARE MORE SAFETY FEATURES-IT HAS PLENTY OF POWER-I HAD GREAT SERVICE FROM MY FIRST CAMRY AND FEEL THIS WILL BE THE SAME EXPRIENCE. A FUN VEHICLE TO DRIVE!