2002 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2002 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

The Best Car under $30,000
By Palesq

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After researching and test driving all types of vehicles under $30,000, the Toyota Camry outperformed all other vehicles in its class. Looks, reliability, fuel economy, ride comfort, spacious interior: It has it all! When I told my sister-in-law about my Camry she was skeptical (she just bought a Honda Accord) and did not even want to see it. However, she had dinner with us and when she walked by the Camry she stopped and did not move for about 5 minutes! I could see a slight grin on her face that she tried to callowsly hide without success. For under $30,000, you won't find a better value.

Favorite Features

Interior controls, comfort, roomy interior, exterior good looks.

Suggested Improvements

Need nicer looking alloy wheels.

Frank's Opinion
By fgaydafrank

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 12th new vehicle (5 of the others were also Toyota"s) that I've purchased new over the past 22 years, and it appears that this car is going to be the cream of the crop!! Although I've only put about 4500 miles on the car in 5 months.

Camry XLE V6
By CBHP

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the car since November 2001. I upgraded from a 2001 Camry LE to the 2002 XLE V6. This was a great upgrade, the car is much more powerful and comfortable to drive. After about 15,000 miles, I am still loving it.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, thermostat controlled heat/air, steering wheel mounted computer controls.

Suggested Improvements

Starting to get a little vibration noise. Hopefully the dealership will fix it during my next service.

Camry XLE
By nhretired

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After test driving and researching dozens of vehicles, the Camry XLE rose to the top of the pack as the best riding, most comfortable, smoothest car available for the price. The Passat was close but the spotty reliability record ruled it out. The car is loaded with options both standard and extra which are well the price, e.g. leather, sunroof, power seats, climate control, etc. The buying process went very smoothly with AutoFair Toyota's one price "no haggle" policy. So far the Camry has proven to be an excellent all around passenger vehicle.

Favorite Features

Quietness, smoothness, gas mileage, reliabilty

Suggested Improvements

none

Camry-Better than you thought
By mk

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with this vehicle. Traded in a lexus ES 300. This is actually a little bit nicer all around. Of course it is loaded, but even a loaded V6 XLE is about $9000.00 less than a Lexus ES 300. As for comparisons to other vehicles in this catagory, I think you need to do a little more work. The Camry is definitely the class of this group.....!

THE BEST
By MILLIE

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

YOU CANNOT FEEL THIS CAR. IT RIDES VERY SMOOTH. IT IS THE BEST. THE AC CRANKS TO THE POINT THAT I HAVE TO SHUT IT OFF. ON FUEL ECONOMY IT IS GREAT. I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

Good family car
By jagman

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is all the good things people say it is. I prefer the conservative styling to flashier models on the road. My car had two minor defects -- The rubber lining on one door was loose and needed to be pushed back into place by me. The plastic covering on the automatic transmission lever is loose and needs glue. When I drive over a serious pothole there is the slightest hint of the front door flexing. Not quite a rattle, but lets see in a couple years

Odd things
By HelpingU

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far the car is super nice riding, fun to drive and quiet???? but there is a rattle in my dash, a vibration in my front end like the other guy described and I smell the Hot catalytic sulphur smell BAD!!! The gas mileage is so poor, but as Americans I guess we sacrifice comfort and looks for the little things that Honda has mastered.. Such as decent mileage, power off the line, not at 5000rpm etc.

Favorite Features

It handles and except for the rattling that the dealer tells me doesn't exist, it is quiet

Suggested Improvements

Teach your dealers to quit blaming customer for problems like rattling, vibration and Smells. No other new cars have ever done this for me except for my Toyota's. They even blamed me for stripping the lug posts because I TORQUED them to high??? With my hands?????

My only complaint
By T Bone

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Besides the dealer themselves... Younger Toyota is notoriously snippy and they cater to their Mercedes Customers... Anyway, the seats are so short, that they do not support your legs well. After a few hours in the seat, your legs really hurt and since I have long legs anyway, this is a bad feature. Also the feul Economy is less then stellar. If you commute a lot, I recommend sacrificing horsepower to the gods of the Gas Pump.

Favorite Features

V6 power with the stabilizer bars make it fun to drive. Plus the suspension on the sport model is superb.

Suggested Improvements

Don't make more room by shortening the seats, and more headroom by lowering the seats.

brakes?
By edbear

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

ended up with leather for the first time, not sure how that will work in the south texas sun!~!

Favorite Features

great, easy to drive, super mileage, well laid out knobs, logical

Suggested Improvements

better brakes