2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Buy It
By meisterbob on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have less than 1000 mile on it but I want to give you my opinion. Buy this car. The quality can not be touched by Ford or Chevy. That's it.

You Asked for it, you got it Toyota!
By America63 on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For approximately 22,000 dollars, the redesigned Camry (XLE) is as big inside as a Cadillac, comes with all of them amentities, yet comes with a sporty and somewhat firm ride. Combination highway/city driving yielded an impressive 23 mpg in the first month of driving. The JBL CD is excellent, and all controls are logically placed and easily within reach. You can't go wrong with this one! P.S. It looks even better than its expensive counterpart, the Avalon. In fact, I'd call it a "Pre-Lexus."

good car but expensive and unattractive
By Murisa24 on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My mother purchased a white 2002 Camry LE V-6, the inside did not look as nice as it did in pictures from magazines and the seats aren't very comfortable, but the sound system is very nice. The car was very peppy, smooth and has been very reliable so far (only about 3000 miles on it) I don't really like the front and rear headlights, the front headlights are too sharp and not matched with the dull bodysize and the rear lights are too big and looks as if it is placed too high...We paid more than 25,000 dollars and did not even get a sunroof and power/leather seats...Overall...it is a nice and roomy car but I think there are better alternatives.

Satisfied
By lmid on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I tested the Altima 3.5- nice features like sound system, cruise & audio on steering wheel (Toyota could have added), and exterior design, but the interior looked cheap. The seats were uncomfortable. I tested the Lexus ES300, but the added Luxury does not justify not getting a V6 XLE. I bought the Camry for all I received for the money. I hope it lives up to its reliability reputation. One reviewer also mentioned a sulfur type smell. I experienced this for the first week, but not since.

Camry XLE2002
By deb on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been very pleased with my new Camry. I thought it was a boring car until I test drove and fell in love. I traded in a 1997 Infinite J30 and must say I have enjoyed the Camry more. I would recommend this car.

a quiet and smooth car (I)
By toyotaowner on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2002 Camry XLE. It is a very quiet and smooth car. I read some reviews about the build quality of this model and rattling interior sounds. My car is extremely quiet with no rattling sound, even though there is one small scar on the wood trim of the XLE I bought. It perhaps shows that the new assembly line for 2002 Camry has occasional problems with quality control. So you might want to check carefully when you buy a new 2002 Camry. I agree with what one reviewer said, the wind noise on the highway sounds louder than it actually is due to muted engine and power-train noise. Accord has more road noise than Camry.

4th Redesign and I've had em all
By heins68 on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 4th major redesign of the Camry since my first ine in 1990 and I am pleased on what that have done this time. The Toyota engineers have worked magic on the interior space by making the legroom for the front passengers larger than the 2001 design. The headroom space feels as if they pulled the roof up about 5 feet as I always used to bump the top of my head on the foof. The styling of the nose is very similar to its big brother the Lexus ES300 but smooshed in about 1/2 foot. The slab sides are nice and easy on the eyes and to clean! The rear is very similar to the Avalon in its design and huge trunk.

Satisfied...
By mozzez on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

PROS: This car is a HUGE improvement from the identical model of 2001. Seats are much more comfortable, I'm 6'5" and my head doesn't have to stick through the sunroof. Radio/dash controls easy to access. Interior is stylish. Plenty easy-to-access storage throughout console and armrest. Back seat is comfortable. Low/no road/wind noise. Adequate steering/suspension. Plenty of storage in trunk - packed all but kitchen sink for roadtrip w/ child. Awsome safety features - 4 million airbags. My wife would give a rating of 12 if possible. CONS: Tranny jerks sometimes only when cold - maybe b/c it's new? Exhaust pipe hangs down on all Camrys. Why?

THE SOFA ON WHEELS
By j.d. on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I feel like I have just kicked back on my lazyboy recliner and went site-seeing. I paid a lot more for the car over the accord but it is so worth it. I had the best salesman (Jay thank you!) at Toyota World of Lakewood. Toyota knows how to treat customers which made it easy to buy this Camry!

Big Disappointment
By Familycarowner on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 97 XLE for the fully loaded 02 XLE V6. From the biginning the car started having integrity problems, it rattles and clicks, the curtain air bag cover on the driver side is loose and now after just two months the side molding is getting unglued. Time for a third trip to the dealer, what a shame. The 97 XLE was perfect, no problems for five years.