2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
What I Expected
By vsatking on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car today from the 3rd owner. It was well cared for and it shows. My Camry has a 5 speed. The shift throw is not as tight as a Passat but it does a good job. I bought this car over anything i test drove. Really a good car. This is my second Camry and only the second car I have been totally happy with.

Toyota - Made in Georgetown KY
By CentralFloridaMan on 09/14/09 14:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

"Salsa Red Pearl" 2002 Camry LE with the 2.4L (4 cylinder gasoline, first year that it came out with a timing chain, not a belt) and automatic transmission. I'm 6'1'' and the powered seat moves down to give me more head room, and back up and forward to give my 5'3'' daughter the ability to see and reach the pedals as she learns to drive. I had to replace the scissor jack since the one this used car came with looked bent too badly to trust (~$15 on ebay). So far, I average 28.5 mpg combined hwy/city on 87 octane gas (Melbourne, FL). About once a week gave the "blue smoke" for an instant out the tailpipe on startup last winter/spring, but I haven't noticed it this summer at all.

Great car
By SpazzE1 on 05/28/09 16:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All and all, this is an excellent car. I get between 27 and 32 mpg with mine, it has a smooth ride, good pickup, great sound system and is extremely reliable. I already have over 150K on it and literally only put about $150 per year into repairs. This has got to be one of the best vehicles I have ever had. Very economical, attractive and comfortable. Love it!

A lot of Miles, still strong
By Tony on 02/21/09 17:06 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, I have over 256,000 miles on it and have had only one major problem to date, with a sensor. I now have a problem passing my states emissions bull, but other than that, its great. Sure, it's not a burner with the 4 cylinder engine, but I'm not expecting that. I'm most concerned about staying out of the garage, and I have. I put 40+ per year on a car, and I would greatly recommend this one.

Worst Purchase Ever
By John on 02/19/09 09:34 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used at the time it had around 60,000 miles. The reason for this purchase is because the great talk about them, I found out different. At about 85,000 miles the dealer put in a new transmission, because I was having slipping problems. Round 95,000 the dealer put a new lower end in my motor. The check engine light comes on and off at random, the suspension is rough, gets around terrible in any wet (rain, snow) conditions, it has terrible fuel economy (hwy miles) I am lucky to get anything over 25 miles to the gallon. All I can say is thank goodness the transmission and engine were covered since it was a Toyota Certified purchase.

Care Free Camry
By Fred on 12/29/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 61000 miles it now has 158000 with no problems what so ever. It has been a great car for us and we love it.

MY 2002 CAMRY
By william goldman on 11/23/08 09:34 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When my Corolla was starting to get too small for me, I decided to get something larger. I purchased and extended warrantee, and have yet to use it. This vehicle made it through two years if freezing Toledo, Ohio without a single problem. I just turned 54,500 miles, and the car drives like new. This will most certainly be my last vehicle. With this low mileage, the car will outlast me.

Above average
By none on 11/06/08 13:06 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is sporty looking,but overall its a nice car. Great mileage and i enjoy the motor. So far i had o get a new motor costing around 1800.00 . Hate the breaks and hate the plastic on the front. Love the car tough

Best car of the 7 we've owned
By Nancy on 09/11/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this new, and after 7 years, I have had only one repair, other than routine maintenance. The breaks needed to be replaced after 85,000. The car is extremely quiet, which I really like. It now has 93000 miles, and I expect to have it another 7 years!

Good midsize with lots of annoyances
By Jabberwocky on 09/07/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Runs good most of the time (hard to start in the winter). Powerful and smooth engine. Gets around 30 mpg. Smooth, quiet ride with roomy and comfortable interior. Now the bad... Interior is very cheap; it's just about falling apart. Engine does not want to start in cold weather. Car is too low. It bottoms out on everything! Hard to get parts for. Toyota charges an arm and a leg for the parts they do have. No ABS with brakes that tend to lock up all the time. Transmission likes to downshift when slowing down on a downhill. If it does that in the rain or snow your tires will lose traction! I've had too many close calls with lost traction in this car.