2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
LOVE THIS CAR!
By kendralh on 08/27/11 22:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 with 80,000 miles on it. I never had to do anything but routine maintenance (tires twice and headlamps once) even though I didn't change the oil as often as I should (about every 6,000 miles rather than 3,000 miles). The car was totaled a few weeks ago with 150,000 miles on it and I couldn't be sadder to see it go! I have no doubts that it would have lasted me well through 300k. The v6 engine was plenty of power and it handled perfectly with about 27 mpg (mixed driving). Only complaint I have is that the interior was a big boring--I was constantly wishing that I had a sunroof and slightly "younger" styling. If I could buy it again, I would!

02 Cmary LE
By Justin H on 08/17/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Before this I owned a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Unfortunately I was involved in an accident and had to sell it, I bought this car and I love it so far. I bought it with 99,000 miles on it. Its just about to turn over 104,000 and I love everything about it. It drives like its a brand new car. The only problem with it is there is an exhaust leak somewhere. Its fun to drive and reliable. I plan to drive it through my college career and possibly get a Tundra after that. Great car!!!

Dependable car
By carmom22 on 07/01/09 06:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is one of the best cars we have ever owned. LOVE the V6 interior very roomy. Like the seat control on drivers side. It allows my husband (who is 6 foot 5) fit in the car.

2002 Toyota Camry LE
By Lizard on 10/16/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 1st import in 20 years. Why buy a Lexus? Great balance of comfort/power/economy. We drove 6600km to east coast of Canada in July. 32 (ave.) mpg imperial @ 70 mph. Engine is too quiet at idle; wife didn't check tachometer & tried to start the already running engine.

It's a keeper
By pat on 06/16/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our toyota camry was the first foreign? car to come into our household. it wont be the last. My husband is so impressed by the workmanship and reliability. The only negative was the tires that came on it new. They only lasted about 12,000 miles. Not enough for our sedate type of driving. We replaced them with michelins and have had no further problems.

Might last long but not a good car
By Bruinmaster on 01/23/06 02:22 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because it had been the best selling car for many years. But I don't see why it is so now. When I first bought it, the engine sound was very quiet but now after 3 years, it makes loud noise. Also, I am very dissatisfied with their warranty. 3 years or 30000 mileage whichever is sooner, u can assume it basically has no warranty. Also, the bottom of front bumper gets taken off so easily, I take it to mechanic every month. Above all, it has a very low MPG.

Soft Brakes, Wears Tires, Bad Service
By ex-camry lover on 01/08/06 02:20 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Brakes are way soft, dealer can't seem to fix them. ABS engages so often on wet pavement when it shouldn't, feels unsafe to drive when ABS engages at inappropriate times. Seat can't be adjusted to feel comfortable. Suspension is so soft. At 53K drives like it has 100K. Dealerships in IL and TX have not been helpful with problems, they act like I am crazy, but now I am reading and many people have had the same problems. I am trading it in ASAP, even though it may be a loss, b/c I am worried about what might break next. Toyota should be ashamed of this vehicle, I had a '93 camry I loved so I bought this one, I should have paid less and bought something else. I will never buy toyota again!!

Never Thought I'd Own One
By joe belvedere on 12/06/05 13:45 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say? This is one solid automobile. The words refined, substantial and solid come to mind. It rides better than any car I've owned (over 20), and so far, overall mileage has been around 20 mpg (mostly NYC driving). Got it with 19,700 miles on it and it's like new. The engine is extremely quiet and responsive. Interior is well thought out, with many storage areas. Even the stereo (JBL upgrade) is a killer. May it last forever!

Robust and reliable car.
By Paolo on 08/11/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In two years I didn't have any problem, either mechanical electric or other. The car is really reliable, drive smoothly. Interior are not luxurious but are nice and you have all the optionals you need. Engine is robust, quiet, quite powerful but not too much, brakes could be better. Lots of room in the back seats and the trunk.

good car
By corey on 06/11/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this car is a peppy car it gets in to the tight spots easily its a fast car get nice gas milage and looks nice. over all good car.