2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great car
By Eric on 07/03/09 16:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought the car I wasn't too pleased with the styling. I wanted something sportier and faster but this was in my price range. Once I started driving it I fell in love with the car, it has quick get up with the vvti engine while also getting 30+ gas millage, everyone else who started driving my car really started liking it to. It was very reliable except near the end before I got in a car wreck my transmission was starting to skip a lot around 120k thousand miles, people look at me crazy when I say that about the Camry but looks like there's been more than just me with this problem so be careful with that I guess with this year. Other than that great car.

95,000 Miles & Still Running
By 3camrys on 03/28/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've purchased all my Camrys used. This one was three years old when I purchased it with 34,000 miles. I'm almost at 95,000 miles and I've had no problems at all! Always go with the Certified Used Vehicles with a good warranty because you never know if the previous owner took good care of it or not. If you're looking for a reliable, comfortable, economic car, go for a Camry.

Toyota, not that great
By eR1c on 12/05/07 15:23 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our Toyota Camry SE (4cylinder) has 85,000 miles on it currently. Here's what I've had to replace over the past 5 years of ownership: 1) air conditioning condensation liquid leaked into interior cabin of car -about a 1/4 gallon of water leaked after each drive resulting in damaged carpets and sound deadening material. 2) Original tires wore out in 6,000 miles!!!! 3) Rear wheel bearings replaced 2x. 4) Reset engine light ($90) because gas cap was left off car one time after fill up.

2002 Toyota 2.4L Problem
By alan on 10/17/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car until 95k miles. Head gasket went. Serviced and determined aluminum block stripped head bolts. Had to rebuild engine or replace. Toyota is no longer reliable as they once were.

My Camry SE
By tatsuhime on 10/26/06 12:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car's great. Never had any problem with any of my Toyotas. Step down from my 4-Runner, but it's fun to drive. Great pick-up on freeway.

Inexpensive japanese sedan
By SD Rider on 08/26/06 23:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Feels like I'm riding a luxury car. Stock audio system okay. Excellent gas mileage. I get about 27 mpg... very good for a sedan. Got the rare manual transmission. Effortless shifting. Had to buy V-rated performance tires. No problems with engine or electronics.

Love my Camry
By shelly on 01/31/06 23:53 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my 2002 Camry SE. I purchased it new, and the styling still looks fresh. I have had absolutely zero problems with this car. It is still perfect and drives like new. Although it only has a 4 cyl engine, the pick up is excellent. Friends have commented that it feels like a V6 in power. This is the longest that I've ever kept a car! (almost 5 years)

Two Times Disapointed
By dickwillie on 09/15/05 23:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Camry for its reputed quality. I was sadly disapointed. I bought this car new and have had numerous mechanical problems. First the back tires were chewed up within the first 7000 miles. Then the brakes developed a terrible shimmy when applied. Next the computer freezes the the electronic dashboard displays locking out all electronic systems, e.g., ABS, airbags, traction control. Next the transmission is failing. You might think this is a fluke, but I also owned a 1999 Camry that had may of the same problems. I thought that car was a fluke. I will not by another Toyota. If I am going to have problems with a car it will be an American car.

Fun Car To Drive
By adaun on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2002 SE (w/ manual transmission) in 01/2003 brand new. Love the handling and good acceleration. Get a combined gas mileage of about 29 MPG (wish it could've been higher) and 33-34 MPG on freeway (at a constant 70-80+ MPH). Not a true sports car but is good enough for me, especially w/ 16-in tires. I like my wife's 1997 Camry LE but this one is far better in terms of performance and gas mileage.

OWN two 2002's- Desert Sand and Silver
By wpaulB on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car on the freeways. The four cylinder eat very little and has the pickup to take 4 to the mountains with no problem. Very Comfortable in the front, side and rear seats. Trunk is huge!!!! Plenty of storage everywhere.