Used 2002 Toyota Camry SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car
By Eric

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought the car I wasn't too pleased with the styling. I wanted something sportier and faster but this was in my price range. Once I started driving it I fell in love with the car, it has quick get up with the vvti engine while also getting 30+ gas millage, everyone else who started driving my car really started liking it to. It was very reliable except near the end before I got in a car wreck my transmission was starting to skip a lot around 120k thousand miles, people look at me crazy when I say that about the Camry but looks like there's been more than just me with this problem so be careful with that I guess with this year. Other than that great car.

Favorite Features

Comfort, gas mileage, get up, sound system was my absolute favorite the stock is better than the upgraded jbl and kills my maxima's bose.

Suggested Improvements

None except better transmission.

95,000 Miles & Still Running
By 3camrys

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've purchased all my Camrys used. This one was three years old when I purchased it with 34,000 miles. I'm almost at 95,000 miles and I've had no problems at all! Always go with the Certified Used Vehicles with a good warranty because you never know if the previous owner took good care of it or not. If you're looking for a reliable, comfortable, economic car, go for a Camry.

Favorite Features

Sporty look. Of all the Camrys old & new, this model is my favorite.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Toyota, not that great
By eR1c

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our Toyota Camry SE (4cylinder) has 85,000 miles on it currently. Here's what I've had to replace over the past 5 years of ownership: 1) air conditioning condensation liquid leaked into interior cabin of car -about a 1/4 gallon of water leaked after each drive resulting in damaged carpets and sound deadening material. 2) Original tires wore out in 6,000 miles!!!! 3) Rear wheel bearings replaced 2x. 4) Reset engine light ($90) because gas cap was left off car one time after fill up.

Suggested Improvements

Don't have the air conditioning condensation tube go anywhere near the interior of the car. My Jeep has all of this AC stuff in the engine compartment where it should be.

2002 Toyota 2.4L Problem
By alan

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car until 95k miles. Head gasket went. Serviced and determined aluminum block stripped head bolts. Had to rebuild engine or replace. Toyota is no longer reliable as they once were.

Favorite Features

Body style.

Suggested Improvements

Better engine.

My Camry SE
By tatsuhime

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car's great. Never had any problem with any of my Toyotas. Step down from my 4-Runner, but it's fun to drive. Great pick-up on freeway.

Favorite Features

Style, feel, and drive.

Suggested Improvements

Some place to put my cell phone and coffee. The coffee mug keeps tipping over, even if I have something to hold it in whenever I turn. I put it between the seats & it's just too low.