Used 2002 Toyota Camry SE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I've had enough
By RJ in A

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Aside from a few expensive annoyances, the SE was fun to drive. Toyota makes a great family car with the sporty look, but it needed some tweaking. Based on prior Camry ownership, I'm disappointed in the '02 SE. Major repairs on this car were a bit more frequent than I expected from a Toyota. Maybe the new '07 comes with better results. I may give Toyota another try.

Favorite Features

Nice sporty look. Roomy cabin and trunk. Nice road vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Having to replace front strut mounts and brakes for the second time. Also 2 air/fuel ratio sensors had to be replaced. Heavy duty battery improved engine response; response was previously sluggish.

What's all the fuss about?
By kaosbig

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't get it. What makes this car so great? It is slower than anticipated, not great to look at, and the famed quality? Had the car back 3 times to get the moonroof fixed. Fit and finish? There is a gap inside the car, where the drivers side a-pillar meets the roof header that I could lose a ball point pen in. Reading the clock? Try doing it on a sunny day... I dare you.

Favorite Features

Apparently they last forever... great, so something I don't like is going to last forever, lucky me!

Suggested Improvements

I guess the new one is better, so maybe they fixed all my gripes.

2002 ToyCam SE V6
By G MAN

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE IT! Great vehicle overall. Great fuel economy, power, luxury, reliability, and a pleasure to drive.

Chucks
By Chuck

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is very dependable. This is my 4th Toyota, I still have 3 since they run forever. Just change the oil and go.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the way the car handles on the freeway. The extra headroom in this model is great and long awaited.

Suggested Improvements

This vehicle should have better seats to accomodate people over 200lbs and over 6 ft. My back gets tired on trips over 500 miles in one day.

Best overall vehicles you can buy
By Robert

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Handling is awesome compared to non-SE Camry. Great JBL 6 disc changer..could get a little louder. Smooth, quiet, comfy, roomy, reliable car. V6 perfect for this car. Reliable..my third Camry, second with V6..never get a 4cyl again in Camry. Had 3 Corollas as well..not big enough but GREAT cars. Camry has plenty of room for people and stuff. Got power heated leather seats (pass seat not power); moonroof; VSC; traction control; curtain air bags; sunshade/cargo net; 16inch alloy wheels all for $26K. Got 45K miles and no problems except original brake design was defective; dealer replaced twice at no cost and NO problems since.

Favorite Features

Nice leather; heated seats nice; JBL stereo is solid. electronic brake force distribution is excellent. Super refined drivetrain and very roomy. Not bad looking either.

Suggested Improvements

Satellite radio as an option; 5 speed automatic like my new Sienna.