Used 2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

LOVE THIS CAR!
By kendralh

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 with 80,000 miles on it. I never had to do anything but routine maintenance (tires twice and headlamps once) even though I didn't change the oil as often as I should (about every 6,000 miles rather than 3,000 miles). The car was totaled a few weeks ago with 150,000 miles on it and I couldn't be sadder to see it go! I have no doubts that it would have lasted me well through 300k. The v6 engine was plenty of power and it handled perfectly with about 27 mpg (mixed driving). Only complaint I have is that the interior was a big boring--I was constantly wishing that I had a sunroof and slightly "younger" styling. If I could buy it again, I would!

v6 engine (around 200 hp), exterior styling (boring until you ad a spoiler), RELIABILITY

black tone interior, tighter suspension

02 Cmary LE
By Justin H

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Before this I owned a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Unfortunately I was involved in an accident and had to sell it, I bought this car and I love it so far. I bought it with 99,000 miles on it. Its just about to turn over 104,000 and I love everything about it. It drives like its a brand new car. The only problem with it is there is an exhaust leak somewhere. Its fun to drive and reliable. I plan to drive it through my college career and possibly get a Tundra after that. Great car!!!

Sound system is stock and it is the best I have ever had. Has plenty of power. Seats are comfy and nice to ride in. Drives wonderfully.

Wish I had a sunroof and a spoiler.

Dependable car
By carmom22

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is one of the best cars we have ever owned. LOVE the V6 interior very roomy. Like the seat control on drivers side. It allows my husband (who is 6 foot 5) fit in the car.

Big trunk, good cup holders in the back compared to my VW (my kids can actually put their water bottles in the things). Few repairs other than maintenance. Quiet ride.

Stop using gray for the interior color. Make the door open/seat belt tone a little less annoying!!!! BRING BACK THE WAGON STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2002 Toyota Camry LE
By Lizard

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 1st import in 20 years. Why buy a Lexus? Great balance of comfort/power/economy. We drove 6600km to east coast of Canada in July. 32 (ave.) mpg imperial @ 70 mph. Engine is too quiet at idle; wife didn't check tachometer & tried to start the already running engine.

Comfort. Interior is beautiful; looks like a more expensive car! Stereo is great. Auto headlights work well. Back seat is cavernous (no complaints from my teens). Sound value. No rattles. Windshield washer filter is a great idea. Trunk is huge!

Cruise control switch is poorly positioned. Alloy wheels collect too much brake dust (from 4 wheel discs). Add strut bar on front "shock towers," like the SE.

It's a keeper
By pat

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our toyota camry was the first foreign? car to come into our household. it wont be the last. My husband is so impressed by the workmanship and reliability. The only negative was the tires that came on it new. They only lasted about 12,000 miles. Not enough for our sedate type of driving. We replaced them with michelins and have had no further problems.

My favorite feature is the backseats that fold down allowing the trunk to hold long items. It's a real helpful feature.

the tires need to be upgraded on new camrys. The ones that come with it are junk.