2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2002 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

LOVE THIS CAR!
By kendralh

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 with 80,000 miles on it. I never had to do anything but routine maintenance (tires twice and headlamps once) even though I didn't change the oil as often as I should (about every 6,000 miles rather than 3,000 miles). The car was totaled a few weeks ago with 150,000 miles on it and I couldn't be sadder to see it go! I have no doubts that it would have lasted me well through 300k. The v6 engine was plenty of power and it handled perfectly with about 27 mpg (mixed driving). Only complaint I have is that the interior was a big boring--I was constantly wishing that I had a sunroof and slightly "younger" styling. If I could buy it again, I would!

Favorite Features

v6 engine (around 200 hp), exterior styling (boring until you ad a spoiler), RELIABILITY

Suggested Improvements

black tone interior, tighter suspension

02 Cmary LE
By Justin H

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Before this I owned a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Unfortunately I was involved in an accident and had to sell it, I bought this car and I love it so far. I bought it with 99,000 miles on it. Its just about to turn over 104,000 and I love everything about it. It drives like its a brand new car. The only problem with it is there is an exhaust leak somewhere. Its fun to drive and reliable. I plan to drive it through my college career and possibly get a Tundra after that. Great car!!!

Favorite Features

Sound system is stock and it is the best I have ever had. Has plenty of power. Seats are comfy and nice to ride in. Drives wonderfully.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I had a sunroof and a spoiler.

Dependable car
By carmom22

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is one of the best cars we have ever owned. LOVE the V6 interior very roomy. Like the seat control on drivers side. It allows my husband (who is 6 foot 5) fit in the car.

Favorite Features

Big trunk, good cup holders in the back compared to my VW (my kids can actually put their water bottles in the things). Few repairs other than maintenance. Quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Stop using gray for the interior color. Make the door open/seat belt tone a little less annoying!!!! BRING BACK THE WAGON STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2002 Toyota Camry LE
By Lizard

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 1st import in 20 years. Why buy a Lexus? Great balance of comfort/power/economy. We drove 6600km to east coast of Canada in July. 32 (ave.) mpg imperial @ 70 mph. Engine is too quiet at idle; wife didn't check tachometer & tried to start the already running engine.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Interior is beautiful; looks like a more expensive car! Stereo is great. Auto headlights work well. Back seat is cavernous (no complaints from my teens). Sound value. No rattles. Windshield washer filter is a great idea. Trunk is huge!

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control switch is poorly positioned. Alloy wheels collect too much brake dust (from 4 wheel discs). Add strut bar on front "shock towers," like the SE.

It's a keeper
By pat

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our toyota camry was the first foreign? car to come into our household. it wont be the last. My husband is so impressed by the workmanship and reliability. The only negative was the tires that came on it new. They only lasted about 12,000 miles. Not enough for our sedate type of driving. We replaced them with michelins and have had no further problems.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the backseats that fold down allowing the trunk to hold long items. It's a real helpful feature.

Suggested Improvements

the tires need to be upgraded on new camrys. The ones that come with it are junk.

Might last long but not a good car
By Bruinmaster

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because it had been the best selling car for many years. But I don't see why it is so now. When I first bought it, the engine sound was very quiet but now after 3 years, it makes loud noise. Also, I am very dissatisfied with their warranty. 3 years or 30000 mileage whichever is sooner, u can assume it basically has no warranty. Also, the bottom of front bumper gets taken off so easily, I take it to mechanic every month. Above all, it has a very low MPG.

Favorite Features

Might last long

Suggested Improvements

Uncomfortable front seat, loud engine noise after 3 years, weak front body (looks like plastic), virtually no warranty, and above all very poor MPG.

Soft Brakes, Wears Tires, Bad Service
By ex-camry lover

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Brakes are way soft, dealer can't seem to fix them. ABS engages so often on wet pavement when it shouldn't, feels unsafe to drive when ABS engages at inappropriate times. Seat can't be adjusted to feel comfortable. Suspension is so soft. At 53K drives like it has 100K. Dealerships in IL and TX have not been helpful with problems, they act like I am crazy, but now I am reading and many people have had the same problems. I am trading it in ASAP, even though it may be a loss, b/c I am worried about what might break next. Toyota should be ashamed of this vehicle, I had a '93 camry I loved so I bought this one, I should have paid less and bought something else. I will never buy toyota again!!

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, suspension, service, comfort of seats, transmission, rattling of dash, tire wearing

Never Thought I'd Own One
By joe belvedere

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say? This is one solid automobile. The words refined, substantial and solid come to mind. It rides better than any car I've owned (over 20), and so far, overall mileage has been around 20 mpg (mostly NYC driving). Got it with 19,700 miles on it and it's like new. The engine is extremely quiet and responsive. Interior is well thought out, with many storage areas. Even the stereo (JBL upgrade) is a killer. May it last forever!

Favorite Features

Great ergonomics, excellent mileage, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of without nitpicking.

Robust and reliable car.
By Paolo

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In two years I didn't have any problem, either mechanical electric or other. The car is really reliable, drive smoothly. Interior are not luxurious but are nice and you have all the optionals you need. Engine is robust, quiet, quite powerful but not too much, brakes could be better. Lots of room in the back seats and the trunk.

Favorite Features

Room inside the car, comfortable seats, quite andpowerful engine. Radio system (JBL). Great reselling value!

Suggested Improvements

Brakes should be more powerful for a 195 HP car. Dash design and materials. Gas mileage is around 21/18.

good car
By corey

2002 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this car is a peppy car it gets in to the tight spots easily its a fast car get nice gas milage and looks nice. over all good car.

Favorite Features

3.0 v6 is strong 0 to 60 in 7.0 secs is not bad.

Suggested Improvements

offer a metalic black paint and seats could be a little softer. Maybe offer a sport model with 300hp