2001 Toyota Camry 2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - No major problems

2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

No major problems
By Erin on

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First off the reason why I gave this a 5 in the fun to drive and exterior design is because I'm only 26. I traded my 99 Honda Civic in 2004 for this Camry. I prefer the space in the Camry and the durability. I have only been left on the side of the road once and that was my fault for not replacing the timing belt sooner. Bad me! Other than that it has just been scheduled maintenance and a few headlight bulbs to replace. I commute a lot in headlight areas on the highway so im guessing that explains the headlights. I would definitely buy another heaven forbid something happen to the one I drive now. No more Honda Civic for me!

Favorite Features

The cup holders. I was always spilling stuff in my honda by the way the cup holders were designed. I have owned this car for 4 years and not one spill (front seat or back) in the time I have owned it. I also like the adjustable sun visor. Oh and the clip that holds the driver's floor mat in place.

Suggested Improvements

The radio! I know the car wasn't marketed for young me, but there could be minor improvements in that department. I'm sure that problem has long been fixed by now. Also my wood grain panel stuff has peeled off. Although I'm sure it wasn't designed for the hot California valley's sun.