Used 2001 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Wow what a terrific car to own and drive
By Lin Bradley

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We looked at a lot of cars and drove some and this is the best one we were able to purchase. No other drove with such smootheness. This is the best year for this model. I like it even over the Altimas. Go get one! You won't be sorry. But, they are hard to find. Sorry maybe I got the last good one in Portland, OR. Good luck!

I just love all of these features. I have the two-tone Gallery series and it is sweet. Very limited number made but they are out there if you keep looking.

Maybe some touch-up paint in two tone would be nice. For those pesky little dings we all hate to see on our cars. Watch those doors guys. Be nice to your neighbor,it may be your car next time.

Seat is killing me
By mike

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2002. Didn't get to spend enough time in it to discover the driver's seat is just awful. It feels misaligned, and wreaks havoc on my back. Brought it back to the dealer and they said it was fine. The acceleration was terific for the first year, then it was noticeably slower getting on the freeway. Just age I was told. The interior is bland, the exterior is okay, but more suited to senior citizens. I've had an okay experience, never been stranded. I am definitely looking to get out of this car in a hurry though.

I get 25 mpg overall, which is great for a v-6.

Work on those seats, and make the interior a little more luxurious for the LE.

Toyota fan
By Nick

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car new and have put over 60,000 miles on it with absolutely no mechanical problems. Only scheduled maintenace performed. I get over 30 mpg on the 4 cyl and I am very happy with the gas mileage since fuel costs are out the roof. This car is not for enthusiasts who love the driving experience, but for a family or as a commuter, it can't be beat.

Fuel economy, comfort, and trunk space.

There are always improvements to be made, but no reasonable improvement comes to mind.

LOW MAINTENANCE
By Raul Davila

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent sedan, have had to change only filters, oil, battery, fluids, tires. Excellent ride, very comfortable front and back, good trunk space.

All electric controls for a basic CE model which cost only $2.5k over a Corolla.

Basic model should have anti lock brakes and cruise control. Everything else is ok.

Great Car
By toyotasrock

2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had a 2001 for one year, was a company
car. Came in emerald green with wood
and spoiler. Very comfortable, has a
large trunk, quiet at highway speeds
and looks great inside and out. Got a
2003 Camry in 2002, which I like less
than the old car.

easy to use controls, nice spoiler and rims