Used 2001 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Standard transmission
By Nate

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used from private owner in Spring 05 with 47,000 miles on it. I drove 800 miles round trip for this car. Couldn't have made a better decision. The car is absolutely beautiful in its silver mist and the original owner placed 2001 solara alloy wheels to the touch of this beautiful camry along side of its tinted windows. Very luxurious in its elegance. The flaw: It does not shift smoothly into gears and I have a popping sound when I stop in reverse. Need to have it checked. Other than that, Its a Toyota, the best money can buy, and wow is it beautiful. My fiance loves driving my camry.

The color, the solara alloy wheels, the roominess, the reliability, deep trunk space

A little more planning in the standard transmission to make a more of a smooth performance. Maybe a gear ratio change. ABS optional please. More 4cyl. power. If I had the automatic I wouldn't be able to get out of my own way

Wow what a terrific car to own and drive
By Lin Bradley

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We looked at a lot of cars and drove some and this is the best one we were able to purchase. No other drove with such smootheness. This is the best year for this model. I like it even over the Altimas. Go get one! You won't be sorry. But, they are hard to find. Sorry maybe I got the last good one in Portland, OR. Good luck!

I just love all of these features. I have the two-tone Gallery series and it is sweet. Very limited number made but they are out there if you keep looking.

Maybe some touch-up paint in two tone would be nice. For those pesky little dings we all hate to see on our cars. Watch those doors guys. Be nice to your neighbor,it may be your car next time.

Seat is killing me
By mike

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2002. Didn't get to spend enough time in it to discover the driver's seat is just awful. It feels misaligned, and wreaks havoc on my back. Brought it back to the dealer and they said it was fine. The acceleration was terific for the first year, then it was noticeably slower getting on the freeway. Just age I was told. The interior is bland, the exterior is okay, but more suited to senior citizens. I've had an okay experience, never been stranded. I am definitely looking to get out of this car in a hurry though.

I get 25 mpg overall, which is great for a v-6.

Work on those seats, and make the interior a little more luxurious for the LE.

Toyota fan
By Nick

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car new and have put over 60,000 miles on it with absolutely no mechanical problems. Only scheduled maintenace performed. I get over 30 mpg on the 4 cyl and I am very happy with the gas mileage since fuel costs are out the roof. This car is not for enthusiasts who love the driving experience, but for a family or as a commuter, it can't be beat.

Fuel economy, comfort, and trunk space.

There are always improvements to be made, but no reasonable improvement comes to mind.

LOW MAINTENANCE
By Raul Davila

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent sedan, have had to change only filters, oil, battery, fluids, tires. Excellent ride, very comfortable front and back, good trunk space.

All electric controls for a basic CE model which cost only $2.5k over a Corolla.

Basic model should have anti lock brakes and cruise control. Everything else is ok.