2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Old reliable
By Lcbjr on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When it comes to reliability whats the first thing to come to mind? Toyota. I purchased my Camry (ce 4-cyl) May of 2001 and with 39,000 miles its running smooth like the day i drove it off the lot.

Dissatisfied owner
By Ramsey on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Camry for a little over 2 years now and here's what has gone wrong!!! Both driver's & passenger's window motor went out & had to be replaced. Car has overheated, cigarette lighter & phone charger outlet has has been replaced once already and still does not work! Car was not starting properly for 4 months and dealership was trying to tell me it was normal operating procedure of the car....finally had to replace entire computer for car. Also, plastic lining around bas eor door is ciming off...I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A TOYOTA AGAIN!!!!!

Car Is Save
By JJ -98 on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I like this car but I really wanted a newer 2002 Camary

V6 Magic
By Marv on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent automobile with the utmost in reliability and performance. Just love getting on the freeway and opening up or passing when traffic is tough. The V6 engine is more powerful than I imagined. Comfortable, handles great too. Designed for California roads!!!

Great car.
By kharris on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Has 16K miles. Has a rattle by the ashtray. Had the dealership look at it. Tech heard rattle but unsuccesful at repair. Now have a squeek in the passenger side seat. If passenger shifts weight you get a annoying squeek. Will take and let dealership repair both problems. Average about 32 miles a gallon. Drive 80 miles a day, all highway (65 to 70 mph). Car is quiet (except squeek and rattle). Had to replace speaker cover on passenger side door (think child may have broke, but not sure). Wish I had bought V-6, but wanted fuel economy.

Worth Every Penny
By Acemenod7 on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Fully satisfied. The car is quite and comfortable. More room than a honda. Drives like a lexus. Looking to buy the Sienna now.

Another Toyota!
By May2002 on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Toyota we bought. We have another old Tercel and it is running great with some maintanence. So we trusted Toyota and bought this Camry. It is running great, smooth and quiet. I am thinking of buying another Toyota once I get a raise! :)

It is the dependable car.
By anme on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have it for almost a year without any problem. Driving is quite. However, the engine is kind of weak(136 hp) for 4c. So far I satisfy with it.

My 2001 camry
By RobinG on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

You know those commercials where the car owner says "I love my Toyta Camry!"? Well, I can now add myself to those ranks. The Camry is a well built, reliable semi-luxury sedan I think. I love the feel & you do have a real sense of driving a car that will take care of you if you take care of it. I am a sold Camry owner for life!

Good Car Hope It Lasts
By Monicafl on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 70+ miles a day mainly on highway. I am not a car person. Did research for more than 10 month before I got rid of my Kia/Sephia 1994 with 70K mile on it, and bought this Toyota. Love it. NEVER BUY KIA!!! I will buy another toyota if I have to.