2001 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
camry97
By tomnlorna on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my '97 Camry. Unfortunately, I lost it after an accident on I-90 when I was rear-ended by another 1991 Camry. I was hit at 65mph+ on my left rear bumper. I was impressed by how much damage the car absorbed and was almost driveable. The bumper was pushed up to the rear left tire after such an impact. I will definitely buy another one because of its structural durability & safety features.

Squeaky
By Hearmecoming on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Squeaky brakes since shortly after break-in. This is considered "an acceptable level of noise" according to the Longo Service Manager. I wonder if they are telling all the new prospective buyers about the noise to come. I'll be listening for you! If you buy a Toyota product, get it in writing...They should fix this problem at their cost!

This Car Has been Good to Me!
By avedada on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car which I purchased new for over 2 years now and it has been really good to me. No problems whats so ever. Car has no raddle-ing which I had always experienced in American made cars after a few years. The car drives just like it did (when it was brand new!) The inside cabin is so quiet, (similiar to a Lexus) I was amazed! I love my Toyota, and would purchase another Toyota product.

I am 18 Years Old
By Romeo on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am 18 Years old To me the car needed to become more sporty so I have made some changes to the car performance wise. The car alone does need some help in handling and some pick up. I have added an air intake which has boosted HP by about 15 HP. I have also added 17 inch rims that are wider that help give it awesome traction around curves and I notice I don’t have to break around certain turns that, because the car sticks so well to the ground. I have not had any mechanical problems yet. Personally this isn’t the best car for a person my age.

LE-V6 Gallery Series #1
By dks2001 on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This 2001 Camry LE-V6 Gallery Series is the best car I ever owned in my life. I plan to keep this car for at least a decade to come. The Toyota quality is very dependable and it has the great value for your investment. Proper maintainance and care for your vehicle will make it last a long time.

CE 4cyl 5spd
By bearcrkrd on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new at the end of July, '01. Live in Seattle area, park outside, with some evergreens in the area. Keep car washed and waxed, and haven't burned out on that, yet! Drive alone most of the time, 70% freeway, some stop and go. Had one cold start sputter a few months after purchase, which lasted about 15 seconds. No repeats since. Have had no mechanical problems with car. Is basically same as the day it came off the showroom floor. If I had a garage, it would be just like new. It is not a sports car, and if I drove it like one, I may not be as happy as I am.

Excellent vehicle
By Krishna_Kondepudi on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle. Fun to drive and excellent price to performance ratio. Proud owner.

Mr. Dependable
By Dr. Q on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a GREAT all around car for us. We have had it for about 18 months and have had nothing but good things to say. The Camry is spacious, comfortable, and quiet. We have a 2 year old and one more on the way, and we have no problems with fitting car seats in the back.

Great Car
By Tom4563289161 on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. Had it for two years now and have about 30k on it. Still as good as when i bought it. I'm a big guy so the roominess is great. Smooth ride, great stereo, nice design. We have both an 01 LE 4cyl and a XLE 6 cyl and i think the LE is leagues above the xle. The engine could use a little more low end pickup though. Great car to drive and doesn't need any repairs. I highly suggest this car.

Think long and hard before you purchase
By Mellie on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Check the re-sale value before you purchase...you may think twice! I have the SE model and wish I would have waited longer before purchasing this vehicle. It's been in the shop 3 times (within 1 year) for a knocking sound under the hood. The dealership told me that it was loose strut caps, and now they don't know what the problem is (they say they don't hear anything now...hmmm) and the problem is still not fixed. It does not do well in snow - slides all over the road. Although this car is very roomy, I wouldn't purchase another.