2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Treynas Review
By Treyna on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Our Second Camry, quiet ride. reliable. full size spare, good for daily driving. Seats somewhat uncomfortable on very long drives. Average to good gas mileage, gas tank good be a bit bigger.

Plain looking but a great performer!
By toshiko on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Plain Jane to look at but what a comfortable, smooth riding sedan! This is my second consecutive V6XLE (both are manufactured in Japan). On both cars, I never had to REPAIR anything yet. Always dependable in a extreme cold of NJ and heat of FL. If the performance and dependability are important to you, I recommend this model highly.

Fun
By paokgrl on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Most people don't think of a Camry as a fun car to drive, the majority of people think of it as a family car. I'm a college student and I absolutely love driving my Camry, it is roomy for someone being 6 foot both in the front and back, it fits everything that I need, it is also a good car for being a designated driver cause it holds a lot of people with still having good visibility and handling. Overall it is a good car, with exceptional features.

Easy to live with.
By rplmer on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is nearly the perfect car. It is quiet, smooth, well built and inexpensive to drive. It's only draw back is it isn't fancy. Not much for little convience things like the temperature gage you have to push a button and see either the time or temperature. What would it cost to have a seperate display, 50 cents or so. If you want a car that will run and run and be nice to drive without a lot of expense you will be hard pressed to do better than this.

Reliable/Efficient Camry
By vic36dki on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have 27,400 miles without a problem. The dealer is excellent for maintainance.I drove Detroit to Asheville,N.C.last summer and averaged 36 MPG. I was pleasantly surprised. It is my first non big 3 new car. It has made a believer out of me.

Reliable under any conditions
By woodsj on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Camry when our other car died at 60,000 miles. We were looking for a comfortable car, with some nice bells and whistles, that we could drive happily for 100,000 miles or more. The Camry has the performance we look for on the highway, in the snow, rain, and everywhere.

You can't go wrong!!
By Runner 3604 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been flawless in its function and design. It has run great since day one. The only services performed to date are an alignment, the 30K service and routine LOF and tire rotation. The dealer has been excellent both in the buying process and service. I hope to have this car into the 100k range. I believe that the secret to keeping these cars in top shape is to follow the service guides faithfully.

An Awesome Car To Own!
By mauratierneyfan on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had a 2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 since December 2000 and have never had one problem with it. It rides like a dream and you can barely hear the engine when you are driving or when stopped and idling. It is a great car for anyone and would recommend it highly to everyone to check one out before buying any other make or model.

Camry
By fw on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second camry. The first was a 1991 Camry which I traded in to get my 2001 Camry. We are a Toyota family and I love my 2001 Camry. It seem like the 2001 Camry rides a bit smoother, with a faster pickup. The sound coming from my stereo is awesome.

be care of the oil consumption
By leon_lz on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

the camrys from 97-2002 had a design flaw, which you have to change oil more frequent than the manual said. the manual recommends you to change oil between 5k-7.5k, no way you can wait for that long. because the camry was running at higher temp to reach good fuel economy, therefore, the oil can loose its lubrication ability faster, so i would say, change it at 2.5k, or you will have a problem called oil gelling. search google.com by toyota oil gelling as key word, you will know what is going on. Overall, it is a good vehecle. but not the model between 97-02. you have to change oil more often.