Used 2001 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Camry
By Elena DeLucia

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My seventh Toyota and it is a pleasure. I still have my '87 Camry wagon and it is in great shape as well. Reliable, reliable, reliable and hold their value well. Once I had a fancy expensive sports car, I don't need to look pretty while I wait for the tow truck in the hot Arizona sun. Six Toyotas and not a single complaint on any of them and I have never been left on the side of the road by any of them.

Favorite Features

Regular maintenance equals long life and reliable service. Is being well built a feature?

Suggested Improvements

The body style of the Camry is a little dull/ordinary. I could have a bit more style.

No problems
By bj

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2001 Camry in may of 2003 with 23000 miles on it. I drive it daily back and forth to work 38 miles each way. I also drive it anywhere I want to go with it. I average around 30 mpg virtually all the time. As of now I have about 92000 miles on it with absolutely no problems. I have not replaced the timing belt nor have I had to replace the brake pads. This is an extremely reliable car. Also have a 94 4cyl Camry with 196000 miles on it with only a few problems. Couple of front axles and brakes plus on oil pump. Long story on the oil pump but it still runs and drives great.

Favorite Features

Love the gas mileage especially @ $3 per gallon. Good comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior a little plain but ok.

Great Car
By jenny541

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My husband bought this car for me in 2001. It had been leased for 6 months and only had 1400 miles on it! I LOVE this car! It drives smoothly, is comfortable (never had seat problems), and it is safe! I am looking to trade it in for a Matrix, most likely, but I still love this car, just wish it had more cargo space.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, V6 engine, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

NO keyless entry! I had to put it on after market and it doesn't open the trunk :(

2001 Toyota Camry
By jenny541

2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved my Toyota Camry! It drives super smooth and the V6 engine is awesome. Besides being a safe car, it feels safe. It handles curves well, stops quickly and I've never lost control of it. Even in the snow, it has only fish-tailed once!

Favorite Features

V6 engine, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Remote keyless entry, power seats, remote trunk open.

Very nice at 100K+
By Derrick

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with around 60,000 miles on it. I'm now at just over 110,000 and not having any problems with it at all. I got fog lamps placed on it as well as aftermarket cruise control. I have a 5-speed manual and it responds great. It only has a 4 cylinder in it so in any race I end up losing but it handles very nicely on the highway for 16 hour drives and doesn't cost much in maintenance except for a few things that that have needed to be replaced, but doesn't seem bad at 110,000 and still runs clean and smooth. I wish it would hurry up and break down so I could justify going to get a Tacoma truck now.

Favorite Features

I'm tall and fit in it nicely (at 6'6"). Handles great on the highway, also nice in stop and go traffic