2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Superbly dependable and comfortable car
By tosh on 05/17/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This Camry is a second V6 XLE I own. Both have been manufactured in Japan. I have never had any repair other than minor scratches and regular maintenance. I use the dealership for service as I found that Toyota service is about the same as others.Because I no longer commute to work, I have a low mileage but it is so comfortable to drive on long trips. It has a great pick up at every traffic light and I have to watch my speed at all times. It is a different kind of "fun to drive" from RX7 I used to drive, but I feel quite secure in this car. Cargo space is sufficient. I will keep it for a while as at present I have only 55000 miles on it.

Not So Enamored With Toyota
By Bob M. on 03/27/08 03:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After my wife had owned, and still owns, a Toyota, I bought a Certified Used Toyota (2001 XLE Camry V6) with 61,000 miles. Week after I had it the battery died. Since May 2007, I am going through my third caliper repair (2 on the left, one on the right)which has cost me over $1,000 to fix. Just had to replace timing belt. Seems I am constantly shelling out money to fix things. Seriously thinking about dumping this one. I might trade in on another Toyota, but my experience has not been great. I believe my caliper issue is a design flaw and that I shouldn't have to keep paying to fix

Camry
By Elena DeLucia on 06/28/07 22:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My seventh Toyota and it is a pleasure. I still have my '87 Camry wagon and it is in great shape as well. Reliable, reliable, reliable and hold their value well. Once I had a fancy expensive sports car, I don't need to look pretty while I wait for the tow truck in the hot Arizona sun. Six Toyotas and not a single complaint on any of them and I have never been left on the side of the road by any of them.

No problems
By bj on 06/05/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2001 Camry in may of 2003 with 23000 miles on it. I drive it daily back and forth to work 38 miles each way. I also drive it anywhere I want to go with it. I average around 30 mpg virtually all the time. As of now I have about 92000 miles on it with absolutely no problems. I have not replaced the timing belt nor have I had to replace the brake pads. This is an extremely reliable car. Also have a 94 4cyl Camry with 196000 miles on it with only a few problems. Couple of front axles and brakes plus on oil pump. Long story on the oil pump but it still runs and drives great.

Great Car
By jenny541 on 03/18/07 06:38 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My husband bought this car for me in 2001. It had been leased for 6 months and only had 1400 miles on it! I LOVE this car! It drives smoothly, is comfortable (never had seat problems), and it is safe! I am looking to trade it in for a Matrix, most likely, but I still love this car, just wish it had more cargo space.

2001 Toyota Camry
By jenny541 on 03/15/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved my Toyota Camry! It drives super smooth and the V6 engine is awesome. Besides being a safe car, it feels safe. It handles curves well, stops quickly and I've never lost control of it. Even in the snow, it has only fish-tailed once!

Very nice at 100K+
By Derrick on 02/23/07 07:43 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with around 60,000 miles on it. I'm now at just over 110,000 and not having any problems with it at all. I got fog lamps placed on it as well as aftermarket cruise control. I have a 5-speed manual and it responds great. It only has a 4 cylinder in it so in any race I end up losing but it handles very nicely on the highway for 16 hour drives and doesn't cost much in maintenance except for a few things that that have needed to be replaced, but doesn't seem bad at 110,000 and still runs clean and smooth. I wish it would hurry up and break down so I could justify going to get a Tacoma truck now.

Most Reliable Car Ever Built
By Steve on 12/07/06 08:49 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Having purchased five Hondas, and as good as Hondas are, I must say that I certainly don't feel that the Camry gives up anything in the way of handling to my 2004 Accord Coupe, but I have gained a much smoother and quieter Lexus-like ride. This car is just so easy to drive and the ergonomics are tops. Best car for the money in my opinion. I should also mention that since I've owned the Camry (April 2001), I have not had one single problem. Put the superb Nokian all season tires on this car and the Camry sticks to the ground like glue in rain or snow. The 2001 four cylinder feels somewhat underpowered around town (especially after driving the 6-cylinder 2004 Accord Coupe with 245hp), but once you get moving, especially on the highway, the refinement of the engine really shows. 90 miles per hour on the highway and this engine is as smooth as silk.

Very Fast, Corner Carver
By Jeff from Pittsburgh on 10/08/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awsome, you can do 0-60 in 7.8 seconds, also this thing will go around corners like nothing. After about 3 hours the seats get uncomfortable, and the rear seat cup holder broke, but was fixed by the dealer under warranty. This car only has 42000 miles on it in 2006, and still looks and runs like new.

One hell of a car
By Irwin (Irv) Weinberg on 07/08/06 06:02 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

In the years that I have owned this car the most problem I have had is a computer problem with a dash light, fixed in 1/2 hour at the dealer, a tiny bulb replacement and a battery replacement. It is dependable, comfortable and I am still driving it and not yet ready to replace it, and now knowing that it was probably built in the states makes me feel even better. Thank you Mr. Toyota