Used 2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Awesome car.
By VictorV.

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I needed a car to get me around, also it needed to get good gas mileage. My Toyota Camry fits the bill. It has a nice, firm ride. Build quality is exceptional. The ac blows nice and cold quickly, an important quality living in the desert. The v6 is a rocket motor that will get you a ticket if your not careful. All in all, a car that will be with me for a long time.

Air conditioning. Build quality.

A little less road noise.

Not So Enamored With Toyota
By Bob M.

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After my wife had owned, and still owns, a Toyota, I bought a Certified Used Toyota (2001 XLE Camry V6) with 61,000 miles. Week after I had it the battery died. Since May 2007, I am going through my third caliper repair (2 on the left, one on the right)which has cost me over $1,000 to fix. Just had to replace timing belt. Seems I am constantly shelling out money to fix things. Seriously thinking about dumping this one. I might trade in on another Toyota, but my experience has not been great. I believe my caliper issue is a design flaw and that I shouldn't have to keep paying to fix

2001 Toyota Camry
By jenny541

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved my Toyota Camry! It drives super smooth and the V6 engine is awesome. Besides being a safe car, it feels safe. It handles curves well, stops quickly and I've never lost control of it. Even in the snow, it has only fish-tailed once!

V6 engine, sunroof.

Remote keyless entry, power seats, remote trunk open.

Great Car
By toyotasrock

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had a 2001 for one year, was a company car. Came in emerald green with wood and spoiler. Very comfortable, has a large trunk, quiet at highway speeds and looks great inside and out. Got a 2003 Camry in 2002, which I like less than the old car.

easy to use controls, nice spoiler and rims

Excellent car
By Highlanders

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a Japanese built car and bulletproof. I had my fill of edgy design and unreliability (i.e. American cars)so went for the conservative look. It has handled every condition I could throw at it and it didn't hurt to have the traction control, ABS, etc. What has made this the best car buying and ownership experience I have ever had (in 40 years of driving) is the dealership. An unbeatable combination.

Heated seats, JBL stereo, traction control, reasonably good power, the quiet, seat controls, 8000 km servicing intervals.

better cup holders and some way or place to stash garbage would be nice.