2001 Toyota Camry 2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

LE Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Has been in the family since 2001
By sohmdg on 03/27/15 18:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First off, this car is a steal. The amount a person saves in gas, maintenance and upkeep for this car is through the roof. Anyone who is on a budget will be pleased to know that the Camry saves ALOT of money in the long run. Parts, labor are relatively cheap compared to other cars. So, I recently got my license a few months back and this is the car I got. It has been with us since I was 3, so since 2001 and I am really happy to drive it. There has been only one major repair done, the sunroof, but other than that the car has lasted like a tank through rain, snow, cold, heat. I get about 28-30mpg which is great for a 14 year old car. It is also comfortable and easy to drive. Would recommend.

What more could I ask for?
By ebeaudoin on 08/16/14 11:43 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My mother-in-law bought this car as a dealer demonstrator back in 2001. My wife bought it from her in 2009 and I've been driving it since 2010. This car is my daily commuter now with just over 120,000 miles on it. It's quiet, smooth ride, comfortable interior and spartan yet efficient control layout is just lovely. Sure, it's no sports car, but there's something to be said about a car like this. The gas mileage is decent- I'm averaging 24.4 MPG, with 31.9 MPG being my best tank of all-highway miles.

AWESOME CAR!
By esueo on 05/06/14 20:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I love, love, love this car! It's my first car that I just bought last October for a great price of $3000. It has over 200,000 miles on it and is still going strong! It is so smooth to drive, I feel like I'm just gliding down the road. I was looking dot something reliable, small, and good gas mileage, I got it all with my Camry! My dad has driven it across the state of Kentucky multiple times without a problem. I don't ever want to get rid of this car. I didn't want something that looked too "old lady like", which this car is not. It's stylish enough for me and very comfortable to go long distances in. I would trust it to take me anywhere.

At 180,000 miles, still a Fantastic Car
By tommysmooth on 10/14/13 20:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My Dad bought it in 2003 from a dealership where it was a rental, about 4 years ago he bought a 2009 Camry and let me have the 01 for my first car. I've been driving it daily since I was 16 and have never had a bad day with it. It's quiet, responsive, and when you want power from the engine it will give it to you. It's easy to fix things yourself on, such as oil changes, brakes, even opening up the intake and cleaning the butterfly valve was pretty simple. The Stereo is amazing quality and similar to what you'd find in some luxury cars today. This car has good handling in the snow especially in 2nd gear. Overall it's a perfect first car, or perfect budget car. I've grown to love it

SAVED MY LIFE
By miracl on 06/25/12 20:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I financed this car with my Mom in early April, it was my second car. One morning after I picked up my friend for school, I was smashed/tBoned by a 2012 Yukon that was going 70 and ran a red light, at a 45 mph zone, my car was sent flying into another car. This car was TOTALED. No roof, no doors, blown up tires, and no seats. I WALKED away with a scratched up face from hitting my window on impact, but I had NO broken bones, my best friend had 7, and is WALKING with a broken pelvis/hip. Doctors/Witnesses said they have no idea how we survived this accident, if it wasnt for this camry, we would have been dead, Thank you Toyota, You SAVE lives. Get this car for your kid parents its a lifesavef

Almost 200,000 Miles and still running
By Ray on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car as rebuilt with 450 miles on odometer. Rear had repaired damage and the engine compartment clean. Changed Oil & Filter every 3000 with Castrol 10-30W. AUTO Transmission fluid changed every 22-25K miles. Bosch 4+4 plugs every 20K Miles. Air FILTER element every 20K miles. Radiator flush every 2 years and new fluid. At 199,400 miles changed out catalytic converter and two sensors. Timing belt and water pump changed only twice at 98K miles intervals. MPG around 25 city 29 hwy on regular gas. ride is average and does not handle well in snow or ice unless you have Bridgestone Blizzards tires or equivalent. Only problem is brake rotors tend to warp on hard braking. r

Cheap to own
By BK on 03/15/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new in April 01. I have only 46,000 on it but am amazed that nothing has gone wrong with this car in 9 years. Just basic maintenance and 1 new set of tires. I just had the state inspection done and I was waiting for a large bill. I figured after 9 years I was due for some repairs even though it still drives like the day I got it. They told me it didn't need a thing. Would recommend these cars to everybody. I could not imagine a quieter smoother ride.

Most reliable car
By eragchaa on 02/05/10 07:11 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Camry by accident, I was test driving used VW Passat, and was about to leave but I saw 01 camry, and test drove. Car had 98000 miles on it. and now I have 155000 on it and I have no problems at all, great drive, smooth, no major repairs, just oil change. Great gas millage. New Camry have some issues, but they'll fix it and come up more reliable.

Very Reliable Vehicle
By Jessica Tipton on 12/21/09 13:39 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2002. It has been extremely reliable. My Camry currently has 107000 miles on it and all I have ever done to it mechanically is have the oil changed and the battery replaced. It gets excellent gas mileage (28 MPG/HWY). I have one child and the backseat is plenty roomy/comfortable for her. My Camry LE is a Gallery edition so it has several extras that make it look nicer/sportier than the traditional Camry.

Can a Mercedes owner really like a Toyota
By camry 300TD on 02/20/09 16:40 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Daily commute 100 miles times 23 years. It has take four used 79-83 Mercedes diesels to get me this far. (However saving one seems only prudent.) Bought the '01 used 36600 miles. Although the Camry doesn't give you the feel of the heavy Mercedes, its ride is acceptable. The Camry takes less maintenance so far than the over engineered Mercedes. The 4 cylinder does fine, very smooth.

1 2 3 4 5 next »