2001 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
What more could I ask for?
By ebeaudoin on 08/16/14 11:43 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My mother-in-law bought this car as a dealer demonstrator back in 2001. My wife bought it from her in 2009 and I've been driving it since 2010. This car is my daily commuter now with just over 120,000 miles on it. It's quiet, smooth ride, comfortable interior and spartan yet efficient control layout is just lovely. Sure, it's no sports car, but there's something to be said about a car like this. The gas mileage is decent- I'm averaging 24.4 MPG, with 31.9 MPG being my best tank of all-highway miles.

AWESOME CAR!
By esueo on 05/06/14 20:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I love, love, love this car! It's my first car that I just bought last October for a great price of $3000. It has over 200,000 miles on it and is still going strong! It is so smooth to drive, I feel like I'm just gliding down the road. I was looking dot something reliable, small, and good gas mileage, I got it all with my Camry! My dad has driven it across the state of Kentucky multiple times without a problem. I don't ever want to get rid of this car. I didn't want something that looked too "old lady like", which this car is not. It's stylish enough for me and very comfortable to go long distances in. I would trust it to take me anywhere.

Does everything with poise
By bruns on 04/09/14 12:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been as reliable as everyone says Toyotas are. Now at 214,000 miles. Maintenance includes: 5k mile oil changes. A tranny flush and timing belt change every 80k or so. The only items I've had to replace other than maintenance was the interior clock (replaced for free by toyota) and the inner tie rods up front. Very solid and high quality.

At 180,000 miles, still a Fantastic Car
By tommysmooth on 10/14/13 20:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My Dad bought it in 2003 from a dealership where it was a rental, about 4 years ago he bought a 2009 Camry and let me have the 01 for my first car. I've been driving it daily since I was 16 and have never had a bad day with it. It's quiet, responsive, and when you want power from the engine it will give it to you. It's easy to fix things yourself on, such as oil changes, brakes, even opening up the intake and cleaning the butterfly valve was pretty simple. The Stereo is amazing quality and similar to what you'd find in some luxury cars today. This car has good handling in the snow especially in 2nd gear. Overall it's a perfect first car, or perfect budget car. I've grown to love it

SAVED MY LIFE
By miracl on 06/25/12 20:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I financed this car with my Mom in early April, it was my second car. One morning after I picked up my friend for school, I was smashed/tBoned by a 2012 Yukon that was going 70 and ran a red light, at a 45 mph zone, my car was sent flying into another car. This car was TOTALED. No roof, no doors, blown up tires, and no seats. I WALKED away with a scratched up face from hitting my window on impact, but I had NO broken bones, my best friend had 7, and is WALKING with a broken pelvis/hip. Doctors/Witnesses said they have no idea how we survived this accident, if it wasnt for this camry, we would have been dead, Thank you Toyota, You SAVE lives. Get this car for your kid parents its a lifesavef

Unbeatable value.
By jmc55ma on 05/03/11 12:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 Toyota Camry LE 4 cyl. in 2003 with 27000 miles on the odometer. I have driven this car for 9 years without a major repair and only done maintenence, brakes, timing belt and tuneups. The odometer now reads 171000 miles and still going strong. It still has the original exhaust. i find the seats a little uncomfortable and hard but othere than that I would give this car a 10!

Almost 200,000 Miles and still running
By Ray on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car as rebuilt with 450 miles on odometer. Rear had repaired damage and the engine compartment clean. Changed Oil & Filter every 3000 with Castrol 10-30W. AUTO Transmission fluid changed every 22-25K miles. Bosch 4+4 plugs every 20K Miles. Air FILTER element every 20K miles. Radiator flush every 2 years and new fluid. At 199,400 miles changed out catalytic converter and two sensors. Timing belt and water pump changed only twice at 98K miles intervals. MPG around 25 city 29 hwy on regular gas. ride is average and does not handle well in snow or ice unless you have Bridgestone Blizzards tires or equivalent. Only problem is brake rotors tend to warp on hard braking. r

Gallery Edition
By Gallery Edition on 06/23/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got this 2001 V6 Gallery Edition Camry as a gift from an aging relative. Got it in 2009 with only 20,000 miles. Edmunds should have mentioned the Gallery Edition. Perfect condition. Excellent JBL! sound, solid V6 power. Bulletproof reliability like all Toyotas. I do all the scheduled maintenance. Car is very easy to drive, but not particularly fun. But, what do you expect, it's a Camry. It's like the AK-47 of cars, everyone has one and it never lets you down!

Excellent auto
By RICHARD BURNS on 05/16/10 19:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in 2003. The body and interior look brand new, it drives like a new car. I haven't done any repairs. I perform the schedule routine maintenance and am thoroughly satisfied with the performance. I see no need to purchase a new car at this time as my Camry is totally reliable.

Cheap to own
By BK on 03/15/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new in April 01. I have only 46,000 on it but am amazed that nothing has gone wrong with this car in 9 years. Just basic maintenance and 1 new set of tires. I just had the state inspection done and I was waiting for a large bill. I figured after 9 years I was due for some repairs even though it still drives like the day I got it. They told me it didn't need a thing. Would recommend these cars to everybody. I could not imagine a quieter smoother ride.