2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: The Best Vehicle We've Ever Ow

2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

XLE V6 Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

The Best Vehicle We've Ever Owned
By Nick on

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My grandfather purchased our 2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 brand new in fall 1999 fully loaded with all the options and accessories: with only one option lacking: fog lights. I am happy to say no one has suffered as a result. It was effectively a Lexus ES. The 3.0L V6 engine in this car makes it the most responsive car I have ever driven. When I need to pass someone on the highway, it's a snap. I can't imagine having anything less under the hood. Yet it's so quiet at idle that I can barely hear it. This car can barrel down the highway at 80 miles per hour as smooth as silk. I will drive this car forever, or until it dies, which doesn't seem possible anytime soon. It's 100% reliable.

3.0L 24 valve 1MZ-FE V6 engine (same used in Lexuses) JBL 6-disc in-dash CD changer/AM/FM/cassette w/ 8 speakers, power slide/tilt moonroof, leather upholstery, dual power seats, outside temperature gauge, engine immobilizer/keyless entry, 4 cup holders, 60/40 split folding backseat, roomy trunk

I don't really have any suggested improvements for two reasons: 1) They have already been improved upon, as this Camry is 2 generations out of date, and 2) My Camry lacks nothing except a compass. We have had to replace nothing but tires, rotors, brake pads, and the battery since it was new.