So far so good
By Greaseman on
2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan
I've only had this car about a year and a half. So far this car has been great. Only have had one problem which was that I needed to replace the starter at 106,000 miles. The dealer wanted $307 for a new starter. I found a new Bosch starter for $125. I love the V6 engine. It's very quiet and smooth and is a very good highway cruiser. The premium sound system is top notch. My mechanic told me I made a good choice and in his opinion the Camry is one of the best cars built today for the money. Gas millage is what is advertised as long as you don't get into the throttle. Got 27.2 mpg on a trip to Vegas. The large gas tank gives a good range between fill ups.
Favorite Features
I love the sun roof, the automatic climate control, and the sound system. Great on the highway. Pulls 7% grades at 75 mph without the engine shifting down. From all I've read the engine was designed to run optimal at 3000 rpm which is 85 mph. At this speed millage deceases and tickets increase.
Suggested Improvements
More road and tire noise than expected from a high end Toyota xle. Just my opinion but a car that sells new for $26,000 should have less road and tire noise. It is really apparent on rougher roads like in California where they have no money to improve road surfaces.