Sad it's Dying
By shanny720 on
2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
My grandma talked me into buying a used 2000 Camry LE from a sporty car that I had been eying. It was the best decision made. It had 40,000 at purchase (2004) and how has 162,000. It has been reliable driving through MN snowstorms and flash floods. In fact, I've made it through snow where bigger vehicles had gotten stuck, and "puddles" where bigger vehicles had flooded. Few problems. The only reason why it's dying now is because I didn't change the oil every 3,000 miles. VERY important to keep up on the oil changes with this car!! I was hoping to keep it around for another few years. Make sure to also use Toyota parts.
Favorite Features
The LE has a lot to offer. Upgrades are wonderful. LOVE the factory sound system. Power seats are amazing. Very durable and reliable vehicle as long as you keep up with the regular oil changes. Wonderful gas mileage. I was able to get appx 38 mpg in the perfect conditions. Love this car. I am also very short, but felt like I had awesome control of the car and good view of the road. Very very sad I didn't take better care of it. Lesson learned. :-(
Suggested Improvements
Wish I had gotten the V6. Power is lacking. Can get uncomfortable on longer drives. Has a bad drivers side blind spot. Drivers side door handle came off. Discovered this is a defect of the car.