Used 2000 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Outstanding car
By dewey

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought car new, just put first set of brakes at 75000 miles. Put an oxygen sensor in at 72000. No other repairs as yet, just normal service intervals and one set of tires, uses no oil. We'll run it forever. I've owned 8 Toyotas and this is one of the best manufactured; also have now a 2006 Avalon.

Reliability, very tight still, well designed with super White finish. Good fuel economy for that generation car.

None

Best Value of any Car...Period
By Tony

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned the car for over 5 yrs now and have minimal problems. Purchased car with 22k miles in 2003 and have just put my 2nd set of tires on it (third total set but original Dunlaps were toasted when we bought it). Passenger window is broken, needs new motor. I just also did the front brakes, pads and rotors. New battery a few weeks ago. Other than this, in 5+ yrs, nothing is wron with this car. Nice style and of course, superior toyota quality. This is the BEST CAR VALUE for the MONEY ! I bet with proper maintenence/oil changes, this car would run 300k+ ! If this car fits your budget, buy it, you will not be disappointed!!

Nice engine/auto transmission. Good overall looks. Nice quiet ride. Great on trips and everyday driving.

Plain interior, needs some zest.

Best vehicle I've ever owened
By T. Alva

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 1999 (V-6 2000 model). I've put over 168,000 miles on the car (driven across the US twice). In snow, ice, & sandstorms. Never a whimper of trouble. Getting 30 mpg. at 70-75 mph, and 20 mpg in-town. Replaced tires three times (Michelin Hydra - the best), windshield once, brakes done three times. Use only Mobile-1 oil. The only problem I had was when replacing timing-belt, had a new water-pump installed since the access was there. Service center used a non-toyota (cheap) pump that went bad in two months. New Toyota pump replaced and been running perfectly since (68,000 miles ago). I hate the thought of having to sell this car.

Smooth power with exc. mileage. Great brakes and steering. Quiet interior, comfortable seats. A real 'sleeper'.

Good Car
By Gabriel

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My dad passed his 2000 Camry down to me, and the whole time we have owned it there have been no problems outside normal maintenance. It now has 144,000 miles with the 2.2l 4 and runs perfectly, never has issues starting. It gets good mileage even when driven hard. it also has a great interior that still looks like new. The 4 cylinder offers adequate power for most driving but lacks low end and passing power. Also has surprising grip in the snow and though the handling isn't sharp its very safe. Overall its a great car, giving you the reliability and fuel economy of a much smaller car with the comfort of a much larger car.

Great interior design. Auto lights, power features, smooth ride, quiet and comfortable, very reliable.

Lack of low end power. Automatic can be sluggish. Lack of steering feel. Awkward looking rear trunk/bumper. Floaty handling.

Great Make
By khreddy

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought mine brand new in year 2000 and has about 128000 miles and runs as great as in 1st year. Ride is very smooth, does not make noise. In the initial I could not wait to drive it. Still loving every minute driving it.

Auto lights, quiet,

Audio system, check engine light, starter.