2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Overrated car
By JJooee on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

My Camry was a 5-speed, which was the only plus. This car was fairly reliable, never had any probs with it. Of course that is the camry's selling point: reliability. Reliability aside, this car was a piece of crap. It had horrible accelleration (sp?), poor handling, and was a boring ride overall. No power to the engine at all. What a supreme disappointment! The Accord is a much better car-- go with the Accord. I wish i had :(

Quiet comfortable reliable ride no racer
By Jerry-Chicago on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

One of the most reliable cars. Very quiet and comfortable. First year got better fuel economy figures than factory data. Maybe cause i was gentle driving my new car. Next year heavy loaded made 2600 miles trip with average speed 82 mph and 27 mpg! My only wish is a little bit harder suspention like on new SE models.

Excellent ,Reliable, Comfortable - Dull?
By elemming on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Tied with Accord as best basic 4-door sedan in America. Extremely reliable and comfortable. This is you basic family car - those looking for excitement should look elsewhere.

Love It!!
By Healthlady on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This is my first Toyota, but won't be my last. I truly love my Camry. It was a hard choice between the Camry and the Accord, but I am glad that I chose the Camry. I am glad that I purchased a vechile with all the options, because I use them all!!

A good car
By cherry-kun on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought this car certified/used at around 30,000 miles or so because I needed a car for college. As a car enthusiast I was disappointed at first for not getting a sportier car but having this car for a while made me like it, because I rarely had any problems with it. So far after driving this car for about two years the only problem I had was an engine check light coming on, which turned out to be false, I believe. The standard stereo sounds all right. Highway ride had some noticeable tire noise when I had Potenzas but was better when I swtiched to some Michelin Pilots. Overall in many respects a pleasurable car to own.

No Complaints
By LesCT on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought car new in 99'. Wife drives it now, I needed more speed got a used 98' MAX. Camry LE currently has 89,000 on it, had to change timing belt once, and regular oil changes, that's it. knock on wood...no problems as yet. Was thinking of trading it in but after reading a few posts I realized what we have. I think we'll drive it until it won't go anymore.

Hard Roads of NYC
By NYC Commuter on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my Camry new and have been driving it for 4 years now. I have over 60,000 miles of New York City roads and have had no problems. Regular maintenance and regular gas is all this car needs. I wish it was little bit more exciting looking but the Camry definetly does the job.

dougs main car
By doug/toyman on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

car rides nice. good power. has good amenities. audio is great. mirrors are easy to adjust from inside. good milage. repairs are expensive.

A++
By Britt_MS on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Great Toyota quality. Always reliable. With only 47,000 miles, only had the brake pads replaced. The interior holds up well. The car has a very smooth ride.

Good, with a few flaws.....
By 2000 Camry on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought '00 Camry as a Certified used vehicle in '03 with only less than 20K miles. Is an extremly smooth car to drive on an everyday basis, but the fit and finish it not as good as I expected. The car has "seasonal noises" - the dash rattles in the winter and something in the front-end squeaks in the summer (AC). Also, the steering vibrated at speeds greater than 55 which was solved by replacing the strange looking factory hubcaps. It is clear that Toyota was trying to keep the costs low on this vehicle, but they may have gone a bit too far - no map lights, no lights on the visor mirrors...