Used 2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

No More Toyotas For Me
By Pgcorky

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I think we all know the Camry history, solid - if unexciting - performance coupled with legendary Toyota reliability. Unfortunately, it's clear that Toyota has seriously lost its edge and my confidence. At just over 80,000 miles the engine on our Camry seized - and it's likely that 'oil gel' or sludge is the culprit. Even following the manufacturers recommendation of 7,500 miles between oil changes was insufficient. So we basically now have a junk car when we thought we had another 100,000 miles in her. I guess I'm a Honda man now.

Rather than limit coverage to those in the 'oil gel' class action lawsuit, Toyota should recall these vehicles and fix the problem. It's the right thing to do.

True Toyota Reliabilty
By Jared Olson

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2008 with 155k miles. This car was properly maintained and because of that, it was in practically new condition when I bought it. The only thing that had to be replaced in its lifetime was the water pump, which almost any car needs replaced at that age. It also had new wheels and brake pads. I test drove a newer Mitsubishi for the same price. Compared to the Camry, the Mitsubishi felt like a golf cart. The build quality of a Toyota is like non other, except for Lexus (but they're made by Toyota anyway). If properly maintained, this car could easily last 300,000 or more miles.

Great Car, Looks better with optional 5 spoke alloy wheels, sleek styling

More comfortable seats, standard alloy wheels would be nice (they look a lot better).

I love it!!!!!!
By Camry Forever

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Brought new in Fall of 1999. Regular oil changes and brakes, had to replace water pump and timing belt recently. It has been a great purchase use it now in the winter and for trans to work and back. Brought used CTS 2yrs ago, which is okay but I hate to say it. If I had to decide btwn the two I would take my Camry over the CTS although it has twice the mileage. Will probably sell Camry next year, trade in CTS and buy a new Camry if economy improves. The lucky kid that buys this car is going to get a good deal.

Trust... I truly trust this car to get me where I'm going.

It's 10 years old with 175K and no major repairs!!!! Hopefully the new Toyota's are on par with the one's made btwn 1998 and 2002.

Great car
By Bruce

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

This car was brand new on a three yr rental by me in 2000, then purchased at the end of the rental in 2003. What better way to buy when you like the car and know the exact maintenance history? It is now 2009 and the vehicle has 117,000 and the engine is still purring along and the body is still in great shape, rides/handles great and has been very reliable. Only negative is the factory radio. It is very expensive to replace or repair. Overall it has been a great car and I would buy another Toyota.

Style and handling

Toyota Camry 2000
By Courtney

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car. I have had it for a little over two years and it was my mother's car for 5 years before me. It had a new battery put in last year and a few months later the timing belt and water pump were replaced. Also gets great gas mileage about 34 mpg at 70 mph. This car is great, reliable, and very safe.

Gas mileage, Smooth drive, Low maintenance costs.

There is a slight air leak in the passenger side back window, most likely just a weather stripping issue.

• SUV