Used 2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Toyota Camry 2000
By Courtney

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car. I have had it for a little over two years and it was my mother's car for 5 years before me. It had a new battery put in last year and a few months later the timing belt and water pump were replaced. Also gets great gas mileage about 34 mpg at 70 mph. This car is great, reliable, and very safe.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Smooth drive, Low maintenance costs.

Suggested Improvements

There is a slight air leak in the passenger side back window, most likely just a weather stripping issue.

few problems
By gwl

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I haven't had a lot of problems, engine check light started coming on. Had sensor replaced, O2 and then another, cost around 1000 for both. Then battery wouldn't start. Then alternator. Except for when the battery went, it's always started. Had some road noise with the pirelli tires that were on it. Changed to some goodyear comfortred and now it's real quiet. I like the gas mileage and it is fun to drive. When I bought it, gas was 1.85 a gallon here, remember. Then Katrina hit and gas went up to 3.00. I was planing on more trips with this then gas got too expensive. Still, getting around isn't bad.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, nice stereo, quietness

Suggested Improvements

I think the engine check light is too sensitive.

Things fall off
By lb

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought used in 2002 with 30,000 miles. As for reliability couldn't be better. At 100,000 miles replaced belts, hoses, & water pump. That's it!! but the interior seems cheaply made. At 135,000 miles there is a leak that we can't find and back window has come off track Cover for fuse box on side keeps coming off and carpet is coming from under the door. Front seat broke. But at 32 mpg I'll keep it til the doors fall off. Fairly good on brakes and tires. My daughter will get in when she gets her license. May buy something a little more exciting then.

Favorite Features

Reliability, huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap interior.

Reliable Work Horse
By Larry Cass

2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with more than 70,000 miles, and has been a very reliable, and trouble free car. The powerful V6 engine delivers a lot of power even when climbing hills and mountains--lots of torque.

Favorite Features

Lots of pep

Suggested Improvements

Back suspension too floaty

Wonderful Car!
By George H

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Bought my Camry new in 2002, and have had a great experience! With 164,000 miles, I still have only changed timing belt & water pump. Have done all my own maintenance, and gas mileage has gone up since new, to trip average of 35 mpg/70 mph. I love to drive the car, it's wonderfully quiet, handles perfectly, supple ride, my only request would be better seats, longer leg support, and adjustable rake. What a fantastic car!

Favorite Features

Quiet cabin, supple ride, smooth handling, great gas mileage NO maintenance costs... I could go on & on!

Suggested Improvements

A little better insulation of road noise, and more comfortable seats, as in my F150 captain's chairs.