Used 2000 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Wow! Awesome
By BuckleUpSon

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for about five years, absolutely no problems. Which was a pleasant surprise considering 4 of the 5 years were from college driving, which was very tough on the engine I'm sure. Other than regular scheduled maintenance (oil changes, filter changes, etc.) I haven't had a single problem with the car, not one. Also, I have the v6 model, and was quite surprised at how "peppy" the car was even at high speeds.

Tape deck, yeah, tape deck. Because this car has a tape deck I can listen to my ipod with ease and no white noise like you get w/ fm transmitters. Also the body styling is modest but yet slightly sporty.

None, awesome car.

Toyota Reliability. Not This One.
By Karen

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used with about 13,000 miles on it. Regular oil changes and routine maintenance. Had 2 power window motors give out - expensive! Then at 91,000 miles, a connecting rod broke. Leaves us with a totaled Camry that we thought would last for another 100K miles. Toyota USA refused any help with repairs. Last Toyota I'll own.

No More Toyotas For Me
By Pgcorky

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I think we all know the Camry history, solid - if unexciting - performance coupled with legendary Toyota reliability. Unfortunately, it's clear that Toyota has seriously lost its edge and my confidence. At just over 80,000 miles the engine on our Camry seized - and it's likely that 'oil gel' or sludge is the culprit. Even following the manufacturers recommendation of 7,500 miles between oil changes was insufficient. So we basically now have a junk car when we thought we had another 100,000 miles in her. I guess I'm a Honda man now.

Rather than limit coverage to those in the 'oil gel' class action lawsuit, Toyota should recall these vehicles and fix the problem. It's the right thing to do.

True Toyota Reliabilty
By Jared Olson

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2008 with 155k miles. This car was properly maintained and because of that, it was in practically new condition when I bought it. The only thing that had to be replaced in its lifetime was the water pump, which almost any car needs replaced at that age. It also had new wheels and brake pads. I test drove a newer Mitsubishi for the same price. Compared to the Camry, the Mitsubishi felt like a golf cart. The build quality of a Toyota is like non other, except for Lexus (but they're made by Toyota anyway). If properly maintained, this car could easily last 300,000 or more miles.

Great Car, Looks better with optional 5 spoke alloy wheels, sleek styling

More comfortable seats, standard alloy wheels would be nice (they look a lot better).

I love it!!!!!!
By Camry Forever

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Brought new in Fall of 1999. Regular oil changes and brakes, had to replace water pump and timing belt recently. It has been a great purchase use it now in the winter and for trans to work and back. Brought used CTS 2yrs ago, which is okay but I hate to say it. If I had to decide btwn the two I would take my Camry over the CTS although it has twice the mileage. Will probably sell Camry next year, trade in CTS and buy a new Camry if economy improves. The lucky kid that buys this car is going to get a good deal.

Trust... I truly trust this car to get me where I'm going.

It's 10 years old with 175K and no major repairs!!!! Hopefully the new Toyota's are on par with the one's made btwn 1998 and 2002.