Used 2000 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Average Car
By W.G.B

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned three Camry's in the past and have found most to be great cars. The 2000 Camry has been a disappointment because it started to have different maintenance issue. It started with rear-end noises that were hard to diagnose. It turned out to be a rear barring. Then I had the the shocks replaced front and back which started several noises first rear which turned-out to be bad shocks. Then the front noises started which still are not resolved. Many parts may be the problem say the mechanics. The parts are expensive of course

Good gas mileage and mostly comfortable to drive in leg-room needed in front driver seat. Easy to maintain with most items. Easy to drive and reacts problems when needed.

Front and back moving structure need improvement.

The Best Vehicle We've Ever Owned
By Nick

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My grandfather purchased our 2000 Toyota Camry XLE V6 brand new in fall 1999 fully loaded with all the options and accessories: with only one option lacking: fog lights. I am happy to say no one has suffered as a result. It was effectively a Lexus ES. The 3.0L V6 engine in this car makes it the most responsive car I have ever driven. When I need to pass someone on the highway, it's a snap. I can't imagine having anything less under the hood. Yet it's so quiet at idle that I can barely hear it. This car can barrel down the highway at 80 miles per hour as smooth as silk. I will drive this car forever, or until it dies, which doesn't seem possible anytime soon. It's 100% reliable.

3.0L 24 valve 1MZ-FE V6 engine (same used in Lexuses) JBL 6-disc in-dash CD changer/AM/FM/cassette w/ 8 speakers, power slide/tilt moonroof, leather upholstery, dual power seats, outside temperature gauge, engine immobilizer/keyless entry, 4 cup holders, 60/40 split folding backseat, roomy trunk

I don't really have any suggested improvements for two reasons: 1) They have already been improved upon, as this Camry is 2 generations out of date, and 2) My Camry lacks nothing except a compass. We have had to replace nothing but tires, rotors, brake pads, and the battery since it was new.

A car that keeps going
By Deon

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars in my lifetime, was a valet, rented couple and friends and families' cars, this car is the best. I have 171000 miles on it now and it runs like I first got it. I have been getting regular oil changes, 2 tie rods changed, a new water pump belts and hoses, shocks installed a rear window regulator, spark plugs, door handles, and alloy wheel. Never had to work on the A/C, I live in FL where the a/c is on every time I drive. The cost of ownership is very low. Great car, smooth and quiet. It has carted food, homeless people, pastors, druggies, kids, and trash. I have pulled a Jeep out of the ditch with it, been in mud pits, camping and off-road and it always does the job.

Always ready to do the job. I love this car.

seats and door handles

Best car ever
By J Schaefer

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car in 2004 with 48,000 miles. Currently has 222,668. Still on original brakes. Absolutely no repairs during ownership...has survived two deer crashes. Will drive 'til the bolts fall out. Certainly will replace with another Camry. Interior and exterior still look like new. Check engine light comes on when refill with gas. Mechanic turns it off each time I get oil changed. Terrific car!!

Electric sun roof, CD player, power seats, fast working heater.

Wow! Awesome
By BuckleUpSon

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for about five years, absolutely no problems. Which was a pleasant surprise considering 4 of the 5 years were from college driving, which was very tough on the engine I'm sure. Other than regular scheduled maintenance (oil changes, filter changes, etc.) I haven't had a single problem with the car, not one. Also, I have the v6 model, and was quite surprised at how "peppy" the car was even at high speeds.

Tape deck, yeah, tape deck. Because this car has a tape deck I can listen to my ipod with ease and no white noise like you get w/ fm transmitters. Also the body styling is modest but yet slightly sporty.

None, awesome car.