2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
2000 Camry love it
By David Carrier on 04/26/06 18:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Love my 2000 Camry.You raise the hood to check the fluids, you close the hood... because it needs nothing but usual oil changes,etc. Although i have had to put on brakes on him a couple of times (70k miles). That's the only thing, really are the brakes. Other then that ... love that car. Got my dad away from Cadillac after he saw the way my Camry wasn't in the shop!! dave

Best car to walk the earth!
By TexBoyMike on 02/11/06 04:34 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best car ever. I've not taken one step to keep it alive, yet it sustains its own life. I've bent it, dented it, skidded into ditches into, lost my left mirror twice, the right one one, I've hurt curbs, driven on the beach, gotten stuck in mud . . . . . NEED I go on? Anyway, through the past 5 years, I have racked up well over 137,000 miles on it, and it still functions as it did day one. =)

Camry V6 LE
By rs on 01/21/06 03:44 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new 6 years ago because I loved the lexus ES300 but did not want to pay $35k. Has the same engine and transmission which has been a pleasure to drive. Smooth, powerful, quiet, and very smooth shifts. Every time I drive a rental car, I can't wait to get back in my Camry. The original General tires were garbage. Try a set of Dunlop Sport tires for much better handling and wear. 89k miles now and never, ever a problem. All I do change the oil and do very little scheduled maintenance. Other than some wear on the steering wheel, still runs and looks like brand new. Had an Accord which I drove for 100k miles but this car has been even more reliable.

Best car for the money by far!
By BigJake on 10/25/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned 158 cars over the past 14 years. I am an expert on honda, toyota, and nissans. I originally bought a '99 camry and I ended up giving it to my mother. She now has 210K on it and it still drives just like mine with 70K. Through all my experience I have decided that the 2000-2001 toyota camry is the best car for your money. The styling is a bit plain-jane shall we say, but after you've driven one for awhile you get attached because it just feels so damn reliable. These cars are extremely quiet and their road manners have a peaceful, serene feeling like no other car I've owned. If the timing belt breaks, it won't harm the engine. I'm in love with these cars.

Toyota = Quality and Reliability
By tanner on 10/14/05 21:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Our Camry is used for a family car and has not had a single problem. Oil change, new tires and battery..that's it!

2000 vs 2002
By Bob on 07/28/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We have two Camry's. The best by far is the 2000 4 Cyl. It's road manors are much better. This car has 70000 miles on it and handles better than the 2002 with 52000 miles and the 2002 is a 6 Cyl. Never had a problem with the 2000 but had to align the front end of the 2002 twice.

An Outstanding Ride!
By PharmMaster on 06/28/05 14:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I am a little tired of people calling the Camry boring on this site. Of course it's boring, but it will be happily running when most "sporty" rides like Jettas and Mustangs are being sold for scrap. My Camry rides like a dream and can blow the doors off most SUVs and other sedans. I love the look on some people's faces when I blow by them in my "boring" V6 Camry. If you want a car that will run forever, never leave you stranded, and has plenty of power go for the V6!

Vanilla, Reliable
By Dave on 05/03/05 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Boring car, but drives forever with no maintance. I have driven this car for two years and have had no problems what so ever. All I have done is oil changes. Awesome, but boring.

I'm now a loyal Toyota Customer
By gnieob777 on 04/21/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Have had great luck with this car. It performs great for a 4 cyl. and handles good too. Zero maintenance problems (currently at 48,000 miles). I like the smart features like how you can't lock the doors with the keys in the ignition. It's also easy to change the oil in this car (4 cyl). So with good reliability, economy, and quality, I am now a loyal Toyota customer. Goodbye Ford and GM...

Great!
By Saujoe3k on 03/19/05 18:46 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Awesome car, smooth and quiet ride! Comfortable for long trips, and everyday commute!