2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
A car that keeps going
By Deon on 10/16/09 07:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars in my lifetime, was a valet, rented couple and friends and families' cars, this car is the best. I have 171000 miles on it now and it runs like I first got it. I have been getting regular oil changes, 2 tie rods changed, a new water pump belts and hoses, shocks installed a rear window regulator, spark plugs, door handles, and alloy wheel. Never had to work on the A/C, I live in FL where the a/c is on every time I drive. The cost of ownership is very low. Great car, smooth and quiet. It has carted food, homeless people, pastors, druggies, kids, and trash. I have pulled a Jeep out of the ditch with it, been in mud pits, camping and off-road and it always does the job.

Best car ever
By J Schaefer on 10/06/09 06:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car in 2004 with 48,000 miles. Currently has 222,668. Still on original brakes. Absolutely no repairs during ownership...has survived two deer crashes. Will drive 'til the bolts fall out. Certainly will replace with another Camry. Interior and exterior still look like new. Check engine light comes on when refill with gas. Mechanic turns it off each time I get oil changed. Terrific car!!

Wow! Awesome
By BuckleUpSon on 10/03/09 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for about five years, absolutely no problems. Which was a pleasant surprise considering 4 of the 5 years were from college driving, which was very tough on the engine I'm sure. Other than regular scheduled maintenance (oil changes, filter changes, etc.) I haven't had a single problem with the car, not one. Also, I have the v6 model, and was quite surprised at how "peppy" the car was even at high speeds.

Toyota Reliability. Not This One.
By Karen on 08/04/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used with about 13,000 miles on it. Regular oil changes and routine maintenance. Had 2 power window motors give out - expensive! Then at 91,000 miles, a connecting rod broke. Leaves us with a totaled Camry that we thought would last for another 100K miles. Toyota USA refused any help with repairs. Last Toyota I'll own.

No More Toyotas For Me
By Pgcorky on 05/15/09 06:42 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I think we all know the Camry history, solid - if unexciting - performance coupled with legendary Toyota reliability. Unfortunately, it's clear that Toyota has seriously lost its edge and my confidence. At just over 80,000 miles the engine on our Camry seized - and it's likely that 'oil gel' or sludge is the culprit. Even following the manufacturers recommendation of 7,500 miles between oil changes was insufficient. So we basically now have a junk car when we thought we had another 100,000 miles in her. I guess I'm a Honda man now.

True Toyota Reliabilty
By Jared Olson on 04/26/09 09:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2008 with 155k miles. This car was properly maintained and because of that, it was in practically new condition when I bought it. The only thing that had to be replaced in its lifetime was the water pump, which almost any car needs replaced at that age. It also had new wheels and brake pads. I test drove a newer Mitsubishi for the same price. Compared to the Camry, the Mitsubishi felt like a golf cart. The build quality of a Toyota is like non other, except for Lexus (but they're made by Toyota anyway). If properly maintained, this car could easily last 300,000 or more miles.

I love it!!!!!!
By Camry Forever on 03/15/09 06:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Brought new in Fall of 1999. Regular oil changes and brakes, had to replace water pump and timing belt recently. It has been a great purchase use it now in the winter and for trans to work and back. Brought used CTS 2yrs ago, which is okay but I hate to say it. If I had to decide btwn the two I would take my Camry over the CTS although it has twice the mileage. Will probably sell Camry next year, trade in CTS and buy a new Camry if economy improves. The lucky kid that buys this car is going to get a good deal.

Great car
By Bruce on 03/12/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

This car was brand new on a three yr rental by me in 2000, then purchased at the end of the rental in 2003. What better way to buy when you like the car and know the exact maintenance history? It is now 2009 and the vehicle has 117,000 and the engine is still purring along and the body is still in great shape, rides/handles great and has been very reliable. Only negative is the factory radio. It is very expensive to replace or repair. Overall it has been a great car and I would buy another Toyota.

Toyota Camry 2000
By Courtney on 10/19/08 23:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car. I have had it for a little over two years and it was my mother's car for 5 years before me. It had a new battery put in last year and a few months later the timing belt and water pump were replaced. Also gets great gas mileage about 34 mpg at 70 mph. This car is great, reliable, and very safe.

few problems
By gwl on 09/19/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I haven't had a lot of problems, engine check light started coming on. Had sensor replaced, O2 and then another, cost around 1000 for both. Then battery wouldn't start. Then alternator. Except for when the battery went, it's always started. Had some road noise with the pirelli tires that were on it. Changed to some goodyear comfortred and now it's real quiet. I like the gas mileage and it is fun to drive. When I bought it, gas was 1.85 a gallon here, remember. Then Katrina hit and gas went up to 3.00. I was planing on more trips with this then gas got too expensive. Still, getting around isn't bad.